How is this game after 2 months still unplayable and with visual features still broken, bugs?

+
It is difficult to read your posts, with all the grammar and spelling mistakes. Please take sometime to proof your posts instead of just spamming lengthy threads.

Seriously people, how do you expect some global improvements in 2 months? That is obviously impossible, and speaking of past gen consoles, I doubt it will ever work in a decent way even with all patches.
As far as I know, refunds are allowed for every platform no matter of the time spent in game, so the best you can do is ask for refund and wait for a better times

Just a quick response to this, I don't wish to intrude on a PC convo, it works fine on my phat PS4 :) Odd crash, odd glitch, ie entirely normal fare for big complicated games with a lot going on at any given moment. Each patch (since 1.06 when I bought it) has improved stability further.

It is difficult to read your posts, with all the grammar and spelling mistakes. Please take sometime to proof your posts instead of just spamming lengthy threads.

Let's not exaggerate to much. The mistakes are not that many.
I try my best to correct mistakes.

Q: Which post are u referring exactly?
Post automatically merged:

Recently uninstalled the software that allowed me to capture framerates. Guess I didn't care enough about FPS.
Considering I have fixed it to 60 in settings as well as not seeing any tearing while running, driving or turning my head around quickly, it probably stays in the 50-60 range
So u don't really know. I was curious exactly how many to make a comparison.

Last edited:
English isn't my first language. And I got no problems reading his post (maybe the length) :shrug:
I think it is really unnecessary to poke somebody over and over again because he makes mistakes in a foreign language.
He get it.

Just a quick response to this, I don't wish to intrude on a PC convo, it works fine on my phat PS4 :) Odd crash, odd glitch, ie entirely normal fare for big complicated games with a lot going on at any given moment. Each patch (since 1.06 when I bought it) has improved stability further.
Hey there. Had pretty good experience on my Xbox One X, made a post about it earlier.

Don't know how these things are on PS but there might be perhaps a bit more clever design regarding IO there. See, from Xbox point of view I can add one thing. One X still uses HDD and there's IO bottleneck not related speed of storage and games that stream a lot of content haven't really benefitted from SSD swap because of that bottleneck. If I haven't seen CP2077 myself I wouldn't believed what CDRP coders achieved with CP2077, would be possible on Xbox platform.

What comes to stability, 1.06 was biggest improvement on my One X too. A lot of issues attributed to consoles appear to be cross platform actually.

I'm not saying issues some players are experiencing aren't true. AFAIK there's at least 3 slightly different hardware configurations for PS4 (know even less about Pro) while I think One X stayed the same. Can't speak for first gen users, but regarding what I have seen said about One X, there are perhaps things said that just don't always appear to add up.

For topic in general. I used to pay on PC and while the whole nature (and purpose for usage scenarios) of PC space makes it difficult to put it in generations except for things like moving from 32 to 64-bit space, it's very clear that using hardware below required specification for software isn't developer breaking any consumer land rights. Purchases made based on uninformed decisions or wishful thinking aren't responsibility but an individual.

WOW!
I played 150 hours up to level 50 with street cred 50 maxed equipment and finished the endgame don't fear the reaper.
I would love to keep playing with my same character, but I have no more things to do in my world except buy cars and I will not be doing that. :rolleyes:
My initial save is 200 hours at level 29/50, still in Act 2, not yet visited the church. Got 500 hours across all saves, my 200 hour save is the furthest along save I have. Not yet met Hanako either.
There's still large parts of the map I've not even explored yet. Probably 40% of the map I haven't even gone to yet.
All of my saves are an evolution of the same character template, which took me more than an hour to develop.

Done everything, Lvl 50, SC 50. More than 100 hours. Very few game breaking bugs, and no crashes to desktop in all the time i played. 60 fps unless in city center with a lot of people in screen.

Hey there. Had pretty good experience on my Xbox One X, made a post about it earlier.

Don't know how these things are on PS but there might be perhaps a bit more clever design regarding IO there. See, from Xbox point of view I can add one thing. One X still uses HDD and there's IO bottleneck not related speed of storage and games that stream a lot of content haven't really benefitted from SSD swap because of that bottleneck. If I haven't seen CP2077 myself I wouldn't believed what CDRP coders achieved with CP2077, would be possible on Xbox platform.

What comes to stability, 1.06 was biggest improvement on my One X too. A lot of issues attributed to consoles appear to be cross platform actually.

I'm not saying issues some players are experiencing aren't true. AFAIK there's at least 3 slightly different hardware configurations for PS4 (know even less about Pro) while I think One X stayed the same. Can't speak for first gen users, but regarding what I have seen said about One X, there are perhaps things said that just don't always appear to add up.

For topic in general. I used to pay on PC and while the whole nature (and purpose for usage scenarios) of PC space makes it difficult to put it in generations except for things like moving from 32 to 64-bit space, it's very clear that using hardware below required specification for software isn't developer breaking any consumer land rights. Purchases made based on uninformed decisions or wishful thinking aren't responsibility but an individual.

Yeah my son plays on his OneX and has little to no bother with it whatsoever, indeed it was his recommendation, alongside morbid curiosity at a game that psn had just binned, that led me to buy it in the first place. To my discredit I can tell you jam all about my model of PS4, or anything about PS4s in general, weird cos I could bang on about PS2 model types til you cry :ROFLMAO::p just never engaged with caring so much with this gen. What I can say from my experience is that CP's graphics, the amount going on on screen at any one time, the sheer bewilderment of stuff everywhere all looking straight outta the pages of some preem sci-fi / 2000AD story, is by a distance the best thing I've seen on PS4. And it's a dream to play. Can't ask for more :) I absolutely acknowledge that other folk are having nightmares etc on whatever machine they're on and doubtless CP are hard at sorting out the cross-platform issues, or would be if some bozo hadn't gone all Billy Bigshoes the other day. Sigh.

Last edited:
I get where you are coming from and I totally understand how you got this into perspective and I used to argue with this a few years ago too. The problem is, this is a developer's approach, you need to understand that the consumer gives absolute 0 craps about this. You see a general consumer would compare a toyota and a ford or even a lexus. Ofcourse not a car enthusiast or someone who knows the in and outs of cars but I'm talking about a general consumer. Comparison between products is moreover a consumer's right? no not the right word, more like freedom to compare. In the end what they care about, how the product serves its purpose and does it fulfil what it promised.

And the OP is right here in comparing these games, because in the end he cares about his money he paid for this game which is more or less equivalent to the other games he compared with. SO he is totally in the right when he asks why this game does not function like the others as it was promised to do so.

And as a game dev myself I know this is a frustrating take, not understanding what goes on behind the scenes per say but yeah he isn't wrong at all was my point as he is a consumer and does not need to know what goes on behind the scenes. Its like abstraction and encapsulation all over again xD

As far as I understood the OP has performance issues, and game mechanic issues, not art styles and stuff. Which of course as you say are subjective.

You make very good points.

In this case (the OP) he's not running a Toyota or Ford independent of one another as would be the case in real life. In order to run his different games (Toyota and Ford) he requires a common platform to run both.

His comp. Differing coding, coder skill levels, and differing game structures may well run very differently on the same platform. You can take that same poorly performing game, and install it on a different comp and it might run like a champ (as many have stated in this thread). Same game, same game code, the only thing different is the comps.

As I said in my original post; I'm not dismissing (blaming) the OP's performance issues on his comp. PC performance complaints about CP appear (to me) to be so wide spread it's very likely there are things in the game which are interacting badly with certain hardware combinations (and will need to be addressed with patches from CDPR).

Done everything, Lvl 50, SC 50. More than 100 hours. Very few game breaking bugs, and no crashes to desktop in all the time i played. 60 fps unless in city center with a lot of people in screen.

curious, Win 10 or 7?

Well if we're going to go down the unnecessary route of nit picking, you have two obvious grammar errors in your post so you may wish to practice what you preach.

same here, 300 hours in
core i7, gtx 1080ti (win7 lol)
by no means a high end pc

no game breaking bugs, only minor glitches

On topic:
On PC the game was and remains 1) playable 2) largely devoid of broken visual features and 3) bugs not game breaking or something that has stopped me doing three playthroughs over approximately 250 hours.

No CTD's and good performance overall with the odd dip in FPS in the city or when things go crazy. So to answer, nothing has really changed in nearly two months from overall positive to overall positive.

I think the OP is trolling. I've been playing on max settings since day 1 and the game runs fine, and I don't have an RTX 3090 or anything.

core i7, gtx 1080ti (win7 lol)

Yeah I have a theory that lower end PC (win 7) with the right settings can run the game better then the high end with high settings.

Lot of taxing systems are not "called upon" like Direct X 12

But I am just guessing...

Yeah I have a theory that lower end PC (win 7) with the right settings can run the game better then the high end with high settings.

Lot of taxing systems are not "called upon" like Direct X 12

But I am just guessing...
I interesting theory SpookyFX but sL3nd3rmAnn couldn't believe that theory. He doesn't believe gamers can Tweak their computers for better performance.

The minimum(1080p low)for Cyberpunk are: i5 3570k(4 Core/4 threads, from 2013) + GTX 780 + 8GB RAM->VRAM 3GB
The recomended(1080p high)for Cyberpunk are: Ryzen 3 3200G(4core/4threads, from 2019) + GTX 1060 + 12 GB RAM->VRAM 6GB.

I have Ryzen 1700 8 core 16 threads, from March 2 2017.
https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-7-1700
I have XFX RX 580 GTS XXX Edition 4GB from Apr 18,2017
https://www.xfxforce.com/gpus/amd-radeon-tm-rx-580-gts-xxx-edition-4gb-3
I have Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO White 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Dual Channel Kit
I have Seasonic M12II-520 EVO Edition Bronze, 520W

I am above minimum and recommended for RAM.
I am above minimum and recommended for CPU.
I am above minimum and at recommended for GPU(RX 580 its equivalent to GTX 1060)
I am above minimum for VRAM.
I am using a SATA SSD.

Therefore I am not using hardware bellow specification for software(Cyberpunk 2077).

Q: Therefore by your logic by going backwards developer is breaking some consumer land rights?

Q: Therefore by your logic the purchase was made based on informed decision and not wishful thinking and the responsibility should lie on the developer?

I interesting theory SpookyFX but sL3nd3rmAnn couldn't believe that theory. He doesn't believe gamers can Tweak their computers for better performance.

Q: Why post if you have not read my posts and inform yourself of what i write and therefore did to respond in an informed manner? :facepalm:

I said in post #50 this:
"I have lastest windows update. Windows 10 i reinstalled recently.
Latest graphics driver.
Last patch to the game.
Power plan is on High Performance.
Game Mode off.
Advanced System Settings is on Performance.
Antivirus disable.
Last bios on my Asus PRIME B350-PLUS->bios 5602.
I have Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO White 16GB DDR4 3200 MHz CL 16.
I have a Seasonic 550w 80% Bronze M12II EVO .
I have Samsung UE50NU7472 4k 60hz TV and Samsung 40J5100 1080p 60hz TV. Played the game on Samsung 40J5100.
Overclocked the RX 580 GPU to 1436MHZ.
Used ConfigOverhaulCyberpunk."

The above demonstrates i tweaked my computer and game.
Update windows, bios for mobo, graphics card drivers.
Overclocked GPU. Used XMP on RAM.
Reinstalled Windows 10. Tweaked few windows settings.
Used ConfigOverhaulCyberpunk.
Used realisticdrivinexperience1.5 mod for better driving.
Used Climate change cyberpunk 2077 thinking with more fog over city i would get better performance. No more rendering distant things.
Put CPU on high priority in task manager while gaming.
I put all settings on low, crowd density on low. Resolution 1080p. Tried even medium settings thinking lower settings would bottleneck too much the CPU. Still no improvement. But there was no bottlenecking. CPU was having low usage and GPU 100 % usage.
Reduced FOV to min in hopes having to render lesst would result in better performance.

Last edited:
This is already a more taxing game than everything you have mentioned so far, which you already got sub-par framerates on. Expecting flawless performance for CP at 4k on that machine is kind of ridiculous.

This is already a more taxing game than everything you have mentioned so far, which you already got sub-par framerates on. Expecting flawless performance for CP at 4k on that machine is kind of ridiculous.
Straw-man all over the place.
Q: Why post if you have not read my posts and inform yourself of what i write and therefore did, to respond in an informed manner? :facepalm:
I never said i wanted to play the game at 4k .
The video i did its at 1080p low.
Enjoy.

I repeat i want to play the game at 1080p at somewhat acceptable performance 20-30 FPS.

Q: It's that to much to ask?

Also i did that benchmark on those game at 4k to show the big discrepancy. That's all.
Most of those game i play at 2k. Some at 4k.

Top Bottom