How is your opinion about new drawing mechanic?

+

How is your opinion about new drawing mechanic?

• it is GOOD solution

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • it is BAD solution

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • drawing after 2nd round is OK, but after 3th round - NOK

Votes: 23 33.8%
  • undecided

Votes: 9 13.2%

• Total voters
That is actually an excellent idea. Make the player draw "reinforcement cards", but make him choose if he wants to draw his cards after round 1 or after round 2. That way even the drawing mechanic will be partially strategic, and it will help mitigate the 2nd round draw muster card risk while also helping to reduce the "purely luck based" last round draw. I feel however that drawing 2 cards at the end of round 2 (before last round) would be very unfair. So I suggest the following rule-set:

- You draw 10 cards in the initial draw
- You draw 2 cards right after that
- You will be able to decide between 2 options:
-- Draw 1 of the cards in round 2 and 1 in round 3 (last round) // good for "muster-card" focused decks
-- Or draw all 2 cards in round 2 // good for Skellige for example
What I meant is simply draw whenever you feel like drawing a card during the game .. However drawing doesn't waste turns because that would be both boring and game breaking

What I meant is simply draw whenever you feel like drawing a card during the game .. However drawing doesn't waste turns because that would be both boring and game breaking

Really not sure how that would work. That could pose all kinds of problems, from enemy card advantage if he draws and you don't up to another "luck in 3rd round" scenario where you draw all card in round 3 and overpower the enemy by sheer numbers, forcing them to adapt next time and hold back their cards back, mitigating the importance of round 1 even more than it already is.

I don't like this extra drawing of cards personally. They already allow players to change 3 cards at the beginning and it's enough in my opinion. Besides, it completely kills some leaders or factions abilities which allow the player to draw new cards under certain conditions in the original game. And as well, it seems many cards allow the drawing of cards as well so why introduce this mechanic?

Besides, it completely kills some leaders or factions abilities which allow the player to draw new cards under certain conditions in the original game. And as well, it seems many cards allow the drawing of cards as well so why introduce this mechanic?

Non of the factions have ability to drawn cards anymore.

He/She probably meant that it kills the former leader abilities and that is why they don't like it.

Yeh i get it but the thing is that those former abilities were just simply not fair and unbalanced. So i dont understand how someone may disslike that it got changed since it was such a big dissadvantage for all the factions whitout those abilities.

It didn't bother me, had like 2 games that came down to "top decks" in the whole time I played. Also when players have optimised decks with less dead draws and more cycle the impact of these free draws will be even less.

I also think its ok because it will help out in situations when you have a weak opening hand and generally reduces the power of cycle cards.

Theres more and more cards such as Birna or The last wish which let you have additional redraws mid game, so if someone is really afraid of those RNG draws between rounds you can always work around that with some of those cards + building a deck to minimize probability of getting useless cards from between rounds card draws.

Theres more and more cards such as Birna or The last wish which let you have additional redraws mid game, so if someone is really afraid of those RNG draws between rounds you can always work around that with some of those cards + building a deck to minimize probability of getting useless cards from between rounds card draws.

Majority will decide, I have no question about it. Because it is the place where money is. I have no problem with that, what is more, I pretty sure I will spend my own cash on Gwent.

As far as I do not like drawing mechanic, I will adapt tactics and playing style to minimalize this new RNG and to enjoy my Gwent matches.

And I will play with hope, that some day, when there will be more that one game mode, they add also a mode with those all great new cards, oportunities etc, but only without drawing between rounds.

How about they add mulligan after drawing cards in each round. example, Draw 2 replace 2or1 in round 2, Draw 1 replace 1 in round 3.
I played Duelyst before, replace mechanic really adds deck consistency, but I don't know if this good for Gwent.

How about they add mulligan after drawing cards in each round. example, Draw 2 replace 2or1 in round 2, Draw 1 replace 1 in round 3.
I played Duelyst before, replace mechanic really adds deck consistency, but I don't know if this good for Gwent.

It is similar solution to allow players to redraw 6 cards at the beginning. CDP RED devs said that they have tested such solution (redraw from 3 to 6) and when there were like 5 or 6 redraws at the beginning (and because deck are quite small, around 20+ cards) every game is quite similar, because every time players are able to gather similar cards thanks to 6 redraws. As the result, games become predictable and boring.

Top Bottom