How long did Blood and Wine take you?

+
How long did Blood and Wine take you?

I beat Blood and Wine's main quest under 10 hours, in fact the main quest seemed like the same length as Hearts of Stone give or take. I did not explore and only did the cosplay side quest because I stumbled upon it. But I wanted to know, how long is Blood and wine really because the main quest does not seem to be a large chunk of the 30 hour tagline when it was announced. Thanks

A couple of days. Went on a sidequest and ??-rampage early on and rejoiced that simple !-quests in B&W had more complexity than some main quests of vanilla. :)

I beat Blood and Wine's main quest under 10 hours, in fact the main quest seemed like the same length as Hearts of Stone give or take. I did not explore and only did the cosplay side quest because I stumbled upon it. But I wanted to know, how long is Blood and wine really because the main quest does not seem to be a large chunk of the 30 hour tagline when it was announced. Thanks

In Blood and Wine, the main quest line is apparently not much more than a third of the content, which makes it similar to the base game, but smaller overall. On the other hand, Hearts of Stone is linear and mostly main quests, so if we only focus on those, then the second expansion is indeed only slightly longer.

sv3672

Forum veteran
Is there a way to see how long one's been playing only the expansion?

I doubt it. The best you can do is to subtract your play time from before starting the expansion from what it was after finishing Blood and Wine. That is, assuming you still remember those numbers - I did not pay much attention myself, and my playthrough was somewhat mixed with Hearts of Stone, so I cannot really tell how long it took to complete Blood and Wine. :) Edit: I think the play time may actually be in the save files, so I might still be able to find it out.

Last edited:
No offense but questions like these are kind of silly because "how long" depends on how dedicated you want to be in playing. Here are somethings that can have a huge impact on the amount of time you actually play:

1) Do you read every book, note etc that you come across?
2) Do you loot every container that you come across?
3) Do you go to side rooms in a building or follow straight to the quest circle?
4) During conversations do you just select the main quest option or do you exhaust all dialogue options?
5) Do you fast ravel or go to each destination on foot/horse?
6) What difficulty are you playing on which might mean you have to do a fight more than once. Some people might be forced to redo a fight 5-10 times before defeating it on higher difficulties.

There are many other things you can do that will greatly change how long you spend doing a quest. So two people playing just the main quest can easily have a 30%-50% difference in how much time it takes them to complete it just by being more diligent in how they do a quest.

I have around 85 hours so far and so much still to do. Haven't touched the MQ. This is shown in GOG Galaxy, but like it was said, there I have the total time I've playing TW3 since release. 1650 hours now. I had 1550 when I halted my run for BAW, 8 months ago and I still had to play some 15 hours to finish the Main Story before I went back to BAW. (I was planning to finish BAW before the main quest, had started it and a friend in this forum suggested me to finish Wild Hunt before going back to BAW)

In the Character Screen, it shows the total time for that particular Geralt's playthrough and if one starts BAW as a Stand Alone, it will show the total time spent with BAW alone! =)

Somewhat more than 33 hours for me, although I did not complete all the secondary quests/POIs/etc. yet. On the other hand, this also includes some quests in the other areas.

I quite rushed the mainquest and some side quests this second time in BaW and it was still a couple of days... and Geralt is still level 50 (if not 51). Oh well. :)

My focus was to get a somewhat lower level Geralt ready with all the green gold, paintings, and items for a NG+; and to see Dandelion's reaction to the three endings of BaW. Hence the rush.

Top Bottom