How long did it take you to reach Pro-Rank for the first time?

+

Guest 4375874

Would you say ST and Monsters are the strongest as compared to SK and NR? (NG sitting the middle, even if I tend to have a bad run of awful luck against them).
right now no.... If anything MO and NR are on the lower end, ST and SK are in the middle with NG and SY above them. Again that's just my opinion

right now no.... If anything MO and NR are on the lower end, ST and SK are in the middle with NG and SY above them. Again that's just my opinion

You are right. As far as I've seen, syndicate is at the top.

This is a pretty decent spreadsheet to give some reference to how leaders are performing and the most recent data I've found. I think hidden cache has been nerfed since this fyi.

Would you say ST and Monsters are the strongest as compared to SK and NR? (NG sitting the middle, even if I tend to have a bad run of awful luck against them).
I know you didn't ask me but maybe I can help too xD Scoia'tael and Nilfgaard are strongest at the moment (but only with poison), then there's Syndicate
You are right. As far as I've seen, syndicate is at the top.

This is a pretty decent spreadsheet to give some reference to how leaders are performing and the most recent data I've found. I think hidden cache has been nerfed since this fyi.

I think ST and NG share the throne atm, SY should be the third best faction and then there are SK, NR and finally MO. SY was actually incredibly broken back then, at least some pros on YT I watched said that

Yea it would make sense that syndicate dropped some since the Hidden cache nerf. MO at the bottom makes sense right now too with all the tall punish going around.

Yea it would make sense that syndicate dropped some since the Hidden cache nerf. MO at the bottom makes sense right now too with all the tall punish going around.
It's quite simple actually: The factions with poison are the kings, the rest.....not so much. Monsters really need something to not get slaughtered THAT much

Guest 4404014

I'll just mention key cards: Dragon's Dream, Nivellen, Geralt: Yrden, Malena, Thunderstorm 2x, Aglais and Guerilla Warfare as the leader ability. Just 19 more to go. Go figure the rest out :p.

I think I played against you twice. It works because the first time they have no idea what it is. But the second time I did, and... I still lost lol. But I'd have easily won if not for the very bad draw in R1. If you don't win R1 for last say or get card advantage, you'll end up with 60-80 tall unit in the last turn. So your Geralt: Cheese cards can easily turn against you.

It's a very cool deck, I love it. Congrats on deckbuilding. But if more people played it, it wouldn't be so effective.

I have 200,000 scraps

You should've gotten to pro long ago. Craft away. BTW how did you get that much scraps? With all the kegs you had to mill for that, you should already have like 2 decks from random keg cards.

So your 40K scrap would be spent and only get you a couple of weeks of competitiveness.

Not necessarily. Decks will need adjustments, sure, but it's not like all of the existing concepts will be obsolete after the expansion. At least I hope not...

Guest 4375874

Not necessarily. Decks will need adjustments, sure, but it's not like all of the existing concepts will be obsolete after the expansion. At least I hope not...
you mean like the last time? lol factions didn't abandon everything to focus on poison and Scenarios?

Guest 4404014

you mean like the last time? lol factions didn't abandon everything to focus on poison and Scenarios?

One faction focuses on the scenario and poison and two others only include poison. Beside that scenarios are not overused. So it's not like everyone does that. Some stuff got nerfed, sure, and is not played so much anymore (assimilate afaik). But in the context of the guy who has 200k scraps and is worried to craft cards before the expansion, come on... Just don't make poison and status decks, they will probably get hit hard with the Veil situation.

Guest 4375874

One faction focuses on the scenario and poison and two others only include poison. Beside that scenarios are not overused. So it's not like everyone does that. Some stuff got nerfed, sure, and is not played so much anymore (assimilate afaik). But in the context of the guy who has 200k scraps and is worried to craft cards before the expansion, come on... Just don't make poison and status decks, they will probably get hit hard with the Veil situation.
every faction focused on scenarios initially, then when it became obvious some factions had a clear advantage with poison others either switched to that faction or were forced to play wide instead or employ other strategies that didn't include scenarios. It's all been reactive, no one was like "hey...the old stuff can still compete so let me stick with that". The ones who had an advantage with poison still use it to it's full extent so why would anyone even bother play assimilate lol

I don't think veil will be as much as a hindrance as you seem to think it is. Veil is still a status which means Thirsty Dame will still receive a boost from it ....so the faction that abuses poison the most has the only cards that benefit from it including Vincent. So yea even though I don't like it I would encourage him to still invest in poison and statuses because they aren't going anywhere.

BIg difference between rank 6 and pro. The last few ranks are full of net decks which makes you more vulnerable to the natural advantage some factions have over you. Then again NG is OP right now so if you had the right net deck you could probably go far.

Absolutely agree. Got to rank 6 with a dwarf swarm deck this season and now it just can't hold it's own with the rest of the meta to keep climbing ranks. Unless I pour money into the game, since I don't have enough free time to grind, I think it will be quite a while for me to reach pro for the first time.

Last edited:

Guest 4404014

I don't think veil will be as much as a hindrance as you seem to think it is.

Check the reveals again. SY got some totally broken engines with Veil plus the swarm mop up card with immunity (Broken Champion?). Swarms were already a rock to poison scissors, now It's auto-win. SK got great a Veiled engine, too. All evolving cards are immune in R3 with devotion (and become strong engines, too). Some cheap bronzes got Veil which plays vs. poison's problems with proactivity.

Poison is pretty much dead. You'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:
I started playing on the first day of the release of the mobile version and then switched to the PC version of the game. My first month here was just hidden cache spam on ladder and I couldn't get past Rank 8 with my MO deck at the time. The season ended and Hidden Cache got nerfed and I made it to Pro Rank in about 15 days with my Monsters-Bandit Deck that took inspiration from a deck I saw being played on someone's stream. I had no access to copy that deck so I made my own. People on ladder that I added told me a few times that they never thought they'd lose to any MO deck but it's the surprise factor of not running into an MO deck for almost two months that caught them off guard. This is my third season in the game and I'm back to Rank 1 about to hit Pro Rank again today or tomorrow. I love playing NG or SK once I hit Pro Rank but I can't seem to climb with those decks.

But in the context of the guy who has 200k scraps and is worried to craft cards before the expansion

Well I just came back to the game, I didn't know if I was missing something. Like the thought that crossed my mind at the time is that they had given away a lot of scraps and made card acquisition impossible for f2p but I assume it's a compensation mechanic for wiping my beta collection which makes sense now, though I did play really reserved in the beta, I was expecting cards to be wiped without the compensation.

I think it's taking me longer to climb the ranks than I thought, the average gwent game is taking a lot longer than other card games, but after looking at how many ranks you lose, you fall a lot slower than in other games for taking a season break. I decided to wait to craft because I've been looking at the new cards a lot and they are pushing different themes, it also gives me time to collect all the bronzes through kegs without tapping into my 200k dust.

Dunno I am struggling to go past rank 12. It took me 2 weeks from rank 13. Am I the only one? Should I just admit GWENT its not for me and look elsewhere? (not so fun needing 1 win to rank up and losing 6 games in a row)... :(

Dunno I am struggling to go past rank 12. It took me 2 weeks from rank 13. Am I the only one? Should I just admit GWENT its not for me and look elsewhere? (not so fun needing 1 win to rank up and losing 6 games in a row)... :(

Just takes time and practice, and learning opponent factions and strategies. Highest I've gotten is rank 6. Don't have all the golds to make a tier 1 deck yet to go higher.

How long have you been playing? I had to use a meta deck to reach it as I don't have any other options as a new player with a very small card pool and little experience :facepalm:

About 2 months
I recommend to watch some YouTubers (I like Spyro and BUSHr a lot, but there are many other good ones) and have a look at their guides if you have the time and feel like doing so. Learn the match-ups and how to play (roughly) against each faction/deck. I think you said something about playing Northern Realms a lot, have a look at the meta reports from TeamLeviathanGaming and check which decks you can already build from that faction, NR have great options in Radeyah (very easy and quite strong deck) or Draug atm. As there's an expansion coming up, better not craft too many cards now and just save your resources. You will be able to build a brand new and strong deck then which you can learn to play like a master :)

Top Bottom