How long did it take you to reach Pro-Rank for the first time?

+
TeamlevithanGaming seems quite helpful. They talk a lot about tilting and the sense of dissatisfaction I seem to have with loss streaks.
Knowing it is a commonplace, makes me feel already better.

Thanks so much, Philido!
I hope I keep the interest in GWENT high: getting to rank 12 has interesting and satisfying highs.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Don't worry so much with getting into pro rank, or how long it takes. In my opinion i would say its more important to actually learn the game and get to know the cards instead of improving your winrate. By doing that you even risk... having fun playing.

Its also better in the long term, because if you know the game well, a new expansion or really just a meta change and you can adapt and learn more quickly, however if you were fixated on the same netdecks you used, and they became trash, you will be lost and need further guides and crafting to help you out, you will never feel independent.

Besides, i must say pro rank doesnt mean much anymore (did it ever?). Yes, the best players are there, but there are some pretty terrible ones there as well, that can make you question if you're playing against someone with a brain or how the hell did they get there :shrug:

Last edited:
Besides, i must say pro rank doesnt mean much anymore (did it ever?). Yes, the best players are there, but there are some pretty terrible ones there as well, that can make you question if they're playing against someone with a brain or how the hell did they get there :shrug:

I usually assume those are the ones that just copied a tier one meta deck to climb the ladder, then had to switch to a deck they don't know when the meta deck kept getting countered.

on't worry so much with getting into pro rank, or how long it takes.
I personally feel I would like to get into the comfort zone of the top RANK 5. I know already Pro rank it is not for me, as I also enjoying playing other games, and I think the top 5 ranks will make me feel quite happy with myself.

I personally feel I would like to get into the comfort zone of the top RANK 5. I know already Pro rank it is not for me, as I also enjoying playing other games, and I think the top 5 ranks will make me feel quite happy with myself.

I usually just try to get to 7. Same key rewards end of season as rank 5 I think.

Don't worry so much with getting into pro rank, or how long it takes. In my opinion i would say its more important to actually learn the game and get to know the cards instead of improving your winrate. By doing that you even risk... having fun playing.

Its also better in the long term, because if you know the game well, a new expansion or really just a meta change and you can adapt and learn more quickly, however if you were fixated on the same netdecks you used, and they became trash, you will be lost and need further guides and crafting to help you out, you will never feel independent.

Besides, i must say pro rank doesnt mean much anymore (did it ever?). Yes, the best players are there, but there are some pretty terrible ones there as well, that can make you question if you're playing against someone with a brain or how the hell did they get there :shrug:

Speaking of ranked, didn't we have a match today in casual. If I can recall, you played some wild hunt variation with double Nithral and Carapace as leader. I was netdecking (obviously) spelltael mahakam forge, killing one Nithral, banishing the other. Sorry if i'm mistaken.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Speaking of ranked, didn't we have a match today in casual. If I can recall, you played some wild hunt variation with double Nithral and Carapace as leader. I was netdecking (obviously) spelltael mahakam forge, killing one Nithral, banishing the other. Sorry if i'm mistaken.

I didnt play at all today, so it probably wasnt me. Although i did play yesterday, on casual and with WH, like most people doing the very last journey quest. But not Carapace, as i only use Leaders i havent done Mastery Contract (so only O.Hunger for MO)

But feel free to add me to actually play, maybe not now but when the expansion hits, i will probably be playing a lot then :smart:

Okay, so this one isn't even that easy to play. Ideally you want to create as many blue stripes commandos as possible in the first round. This can be a problem if you don't draw into any commando/Roche and scout or if they get locked/removed. To prevent the latter from happening you have Inspired Zeal to immediately trigger the order. If you win round one you have to push round two so you get an as short as possible round three to finish with summoning all your commandos you shuffled back with Pavetta. Always shuffle them back in round three. If you think your opponent wins round one no matter what you should save the Draug for either the second round when your opponent pushes or even in the third (long) round if your opponent passes without playing a card. NEVER EVER place Draug in the row with the commandos in the first round, you won't be able to summon them back to the field in round three if you do this. If you have cards like Falibor and Philippa you could consider replacing your Geralt and Matta with them, they are generally quite reliable and also very good in a short round or to survive a bleed.

Last edited:
Okay, so this one isn't even that easy to play. Ideally you want to create as many blue stripes commandos as possible in the first round. This can be a problem if you don't draw into any commando/Roche and scout or if they get locked/removed. To prevent the latter from happening you have Inspired Zeal to immediately trigger the order. If you win round one you have to push round two so you get an as short as possible round three to finish with summoning all your commandos you shuffled back with Pavetta. Always shuffle them back in round three. If you think your opponent wins round one no matter what you should save the Draug for either the second round when your opponent pushes or even in the third (long) round if your opponent passes without playing a card. NEVER EVER place Draug in the row with the commandos in the first round, you won't be able to summon them back to the field in round three if you do this. If you have cards like Falibor and Philippa you could consider replacing your Geralt and Matta with them, they are generally quite reliable and also very good in a short round or to survive a bleed.
Swear to God, I am trying already those moves.

What gets me is how strong Harmony and Poison is. I use the Zeal efficiently to avoid Roche or the Blue stripes to be killed before their effect. ...

I dont know, I just get overwhelemed with the other guy's abilities... especially Poison and Harmony...

I think it is such a well known NR tactic that from rank 12 (an I have no mosaic) ALL know that I am trying to duplicate my Blue Striped with the scouts that they all push on the second round where I am forced to use Draug as I would lose otherwise and I am left with round 3 (obviously they pass as soon as I use that card, probably laughing lol) with 3 value cards.

Oh... I just lost other 4 matches since my screenshot (for those very few who could see the amazing streaks)
Annotation 2020-06-19 213128.jpg

Last edited:
Swear to God, I am trying already those moves.

What gets me is how strong Harmony and Poison is. I use the Zeal efficiently to avoid Roche or the Blue stripes to be killed before their effect. ...

I dont know, I just get overwhelemed with the other guy's abilities... especially Poison and Harmony...

I think it is such a well known NR tactic that from rank 12 (an I have no mosaic) ALL know that I am trying to duplicate my Blue Striped with the scouts that they all push on the second round where I am forced to use Draug as I would lose otherwise and I am left with round 3 (obviously they pass as soon as I use that card, probably laughing lol) with 3 value cards.

Oh... I just lost other 4 matches since my screenshot (for those very few who could see the amazing streaks)
View attachment 11046863
The deck is draw dependent and has its bad match-ups, that's the reason why it isn't used that often. Harmony is just ridiculously strong against all sorts of decks and I know exactly how you feel, getting crushed by the meta slaves is very frustrating. Do you have enough cards for an Uprising deck? This is definitely a very viable option atm and can kick ass quite well ;)

The deck is draw dependent and has its bad match-ups, that's the reason why it isn't used that often. Harmony is just ridiculously strong against all sorts of decks and I know exactly how you feel, getting crushed by the meta slaves is very frustrating. Do you have enough cards for an Uprising deck? This is definitely a very viable option atm and can kick ass quite well ;)
Mind copying the deck?
I have almost all NR cards...
The thing is I have always played as NR hoping to "mastering" their faction before trying NG. SK and SC do not appeal to me at all!

Mind copying the deck?
I have almost all NR cards...
The thing is I have always played as NR hoping to "mastering" their faction before trying NG. SK and SC do not appeal to me at all!
Nilfgaard is very fun to play and you just feel in control all the time, I started with this faction and immediately fell in love with it :) The decks for NR are all in the meta report #15 from TeamLeviathanGaming. Just search for it in Google, they are relatively well explained there, better than I could. Draug's apparently tier one at the moment. There's another deck in tier two which is safer as it can't be bled that much it but doesn't produce that many points. If I had the cards I would definitely try both myself, but oh well:ohstopit:

Nilfgaard is very fun to play and you just feel in control all the time, I started with this faction and immediately fell in love with it
Currently, I have 22K scraps, not sure I wanna use them before the expansion. looking at the GWENT decks you can see how many upvotes ALL OTHER factions have apart from NR. :shrug:

Currently, I have 22K scraps, not sure I wanna use them before the expansion. looking at the GWENT decks you can see how many upvotes ALL OTHER factions have apart from NR. :shrug:
NR have been the same for quite a long time as it seems and many find them boring to play, maybe that's why. I'm currently hoarding ore (already have over 12000) for the new expansion and I think you should rather save your scraps too and just try to use the best deck you can currently build with the cards you already have for NR :D

12,000 ore sounds a bit overkill to me... hoarding the dust is quite logical if you plan to still play 4 years from now, but having not spent that ore just makes all the quests a little bit harder to achieve and you'll actually find that you accrue quite a bit of lost potential ore due to having lost more in the grand scheme of things.

I'm going to have about 5000 in the tank for the next set. That's generally enough to pick up the bronzes and maybe 5 or so epics and given the choice of 3, you usually end up with at least 4 really good epics. Also I don't know with legendaries in this set, on some level they don't look as influential as the legendaries from the previous set, though they overall fit in with the theme of the decks that the set is trying to push.

12,000 ore sounds a bit overkill to me... hoarding the dust is quite logical if you plan to still play 4 years from now, but having not spent that ore just makes all the quests a little bit harder to achieve and you'll actually find that you accrue quite a bit of lost potential ore due to having lost more in the grand scheme of things.

I'm going to have about 5000 in the tank for the next set. That's generally enough to pick up the bronzes and maybe 5 or so epics and given the choice of 3, you usually end up with at least 4 really good epics. Also I don't know with legendaries in this set, on some level they don't look as influential as the legendaries from the previous set, though they overall fit in with the theme of the decks that the set is trying to push.
I want to build one or two decks that will definitely be competitive after the next expansion. I don't have any cards other than Nilfgaard ones and really want to make sure to invest into the "right" faction(s). Would have never been able to complete all the quests from journey anyway because my card pool is still non-existent :shrug:

Hi guys, first of all sorry for my bad english. I reached pro rank in my 1st month, I have experience with card games and I want to share with you my experience.

1.- I dont think any deck is overpowered, I won and lost against many of decks that you call OP and I didnt even knew about of them, now I realize that they exist but before I didn't care about.

2.- I created my own deck, I mastered it trying every card that could fit into it. (This is the 1st one and, it will always have a place in my heart)

MO https://www.playgwent.com/es/decks/8aa5ca1c6d3b3d7737a794d9914964db

3.- This is my 3rd month on pro rank and everytime is different, every time I learn more and more and I see bunch of different decks. I just want to hit the top with every faction, 1st was Monsters, then Skellige and the 3rd was Nilfgaard (hardest one).

SK https://www.playgwent.com/decks/039175b236d4ffdce4c9c6351fb712dc
NG https://www.playgwent.com/es/decks/98eeef9193ec6692e760fb1d6be86798

4.- I just tried to enjoy the game, for me is perfectly balanced and I try to do my best to beat every opponent.

5.- I spend basically no money, I recently bought Thronebreaker because it was on discount and I also want to help CDPR, I think they are the most generous developers because the game is totally enjoyable without spending any dollar. So I think this game is totally Free to Play.

Guys... Just play to win, I see a lot of people complaining about the meta, op cards, op factions, etc. If you think you're defeated, you are. don't lose the game before it starts.

Top Bottom