How long would it take to load on PS5

+
On ps4 it takes about 60 -70 seconds to load when in velen/novigrad.

With ps5 spec. released does anyone know how much would it take to load on ps5 ???

Probably difficult to predict, as things like that also depend on the game and how well it works with the console. Besides, we'll have to wait and see how fast the SSD really is.

But I don't think you will have to worry much about the loading time. My guess would be a couple of seconds...

I have an Xbox One X, an the first loading (which is usualy the longest) takes about 15-20 seconds, that already is quite an improvement over the "base" consoles. The PS5 would be almost instantaneous.

Using an i7-4790K, GTX 980 ti, 16 GB RAM, and an SSD, it will load into the main menu in about 5 seconds (hitting ESC through the intro vids). I will then load from the main menu into an actual savegame file in around 8 seconds (hitting SPACE to skip the storybook dialogue).

We know the specs of the PS5, so the above should be a good baseline for comparison.
1586367139149.png

That's fast CPU, fast RAM, and fast SSD. Just be aware that a console's OS will likely not function 1:1 with a PC OS. Very often, consoles will also have security checks, the inability to skip logos, etc.

All in all, I'd say the PS5 should be pretty fast at loading the game. I'm going to estimate around 15 seconds from main menu to in-game, tops, as long as one can skip through the vids.

Top Bottom