• 100 hours

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • 50 Hours

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • I don't care just as long as its entertaining

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters
How Long would you like the game to be

How long do you want this game to be hours of gameplay wise.

I have logged over 60 days of play time with my main GTA online character... well over 2000 hrs... been playing it every day since launch nearly a year ago.

I spent a solid month playing the offline version before online was opened up.

Same with GTA 4, Sleeping Dogs, and even SR 3 (which I still found to be horribly dissapointing)

SR2 i Logged 3 straight months...

GTA San Andreas.... christ, I played that on and off for years... Pretty much until GTA V was realeasd.

No other type of game holds my interest for anywhere near as long. A linear game, I play it once, then I am pretty much done with it, no matter how good or great the story was. Deus Ex, Tomb Raider, Last Of Us.... They got, at most, about 20 hours of gameplay, maybe 30... and then never touched them again, because there wasn't anything to touch, I had seen it all, and the cages were to small to have any more fun with.

I think a good RPG has around 30-50 hrs of content and at least some degree of replay-ability. Since its CDPR we're talking about, I expect something on the order of 50-70 hrs with good replay factor. That's what TW1 amounted to. We know they got TW2 out by the skin of their teeth and content was cut from that game. I expect it would have been much longer without the troubles they went through. While I take their claims of TW3 being 100 hrs long with a major grain of salt, I still expect it to be a very large game. Factoring the classes into CP means it has even more replay value as well.

I usually hit a wall after around 40-60 hours (at max) and if the game is forcibly longer, it'll likely be left unfinished. So I'd like a game that's reasonably lengthy but more compact than the current industry strive of "100's of hours of gameplay" (which usually comes down to a fuckton of pointless little fetch quests or some halfhearted attempts at simulating a "living another life", which isn't at all why I play RPG's) and offers plenty of replay value in form of re-experiencing the game and the story through another character with different choices and different abilities coming to different outcomes.

I'd like the game to end while I'm still having fun so that a return to it is actually desired, rather than having to quit out of boredom where coming back to it is more unlikely because "I'm done".

Last edited:
2hours, like Call Of Duty Black Ops.
I don't want it to be too long, I'm a busy guy.

Haha, the longer the better :D
I don't care about the main storyline lenght tho, just want it to be well written and catchy with a lot of different take on the main story. Not just "long for the sakes of being long"
But I'm hoping for an endless mass of side quest, so I can replay the game 4 time wih the same role and having my character go in different directions just by doing something in a different way.

I want the kind of game which will catch me on it untill they release Cyberpunk 2078
And a good multiplayer, innovative, making player working together or all against all or team against team, well something that you could "use" the character you build in the game having something to do with your buddies more than coop or PVP or PVE, not talking about MMO either, but something I could play with my friends for month if not years.
Sometimes the simplier things have the greatest replay values.

Haha, the longer the better :D
I don't care about the main storyline lenght tho, just want it to be well written and catchy with a lot of different take on the main story. Not just "long for the sakes of being long"
But I'm hoping for an endless mass of side quest, so I can replay the game 4 time wih the same role and having my character go in different directions just by doing something in a different way.

I want the kind of game which will catch me on it untill they release Cyberpunk 2078
And a good multiplayer, innovative, making player working together or all against all or team against team, well something that you could "use" the character you build in the game having something to do with your buddies more than coop or PVP or PVE, not talking about MMO either, but something I could play with my friends for month if not years.
Sometimes the simplier things have the greatest replay values.

I'll admit I sorta burn out on all the Elder Scolls and Fallout games after about 150 or so hours.
By that time you've probably maxed out the skills you actually use and are just grinding to improve those you don't for the levels, you've been everywhere and are just doing variants of the same old FedEx and Kill X Ys quests every other game has knowing nothing you'll get as loot is worth the trouble because you already have the best gear the game offers.

I would like a single run through any "main story line" (assuming there is one) to be 30 hours for just that line of quests/missions/whatever. from there start adding in side quests, factional quests, class quests, and other assorted missions/quests/what have you and you can easily get to around 150+ hours of presented content.

not all of the side stuff should be accessible in a play through of single player though. say there's NPC X and Y, each of whom have different side quests lines. The first mission for NPC X would be "Kill NPC Y", and vice versa for NPC Y. So in that single play through you could only do 1 of those side quest branches. This would limit the available content in a single play through to a to be determined lesser point. I like 70ish hours because the first RPG in my heart will always be Final Fantasy X (insert flameshield against FFX haters, blow me it was the first RPG I played other than pokemon and nostalgia value), which was an approximately 70 hour playthrough depending on which legendary weapons you went for (and luck when getting them), and if you had the PAL version, if you decided you wanted to fight the Dark Aeons+Penance. Other than my current start of playing FFXIV to pass the time because there's nothing else on the market I want to play right now, nothing has really ever taken me in and immersed me in a game story that much, and I doubt FFXIV's will last nearly as long as FFX will (I still have a PS2 emulator and play it on my PC).

All of that long windedness aside, this is of course assuming a single player/co-op story part to the game, with separate (if any) multiplayer. If it ends up being an MMO, I'd expect much different things, namely a shorter main quest scenario but many more side quests and some sort of competitive PVP.

This is such a difficult question for me.

On one hand I want it to be long, so long that I can spend something like 100-150+ hours at the least into it (and only counting what the savefile timer says here... because I would not be surpriced if my actual game time is 25-75+% higher then what the savefile says).

On the other hand i want it to be short enough so that I do not play my self tired on it befor I reach the end... which would mean something like 50-100 hours at the most (reason for the huge range is because some games I grow tired of faster then otheres).

On top of that I have this problem where the amount of games I actually replay are few, let alone the extreamly few I replay more then once... this can effect games I really liked but actually never finished, or games I really liked but did finish. Once I grow tired of a game, or finish a game, that is usually it... "Game over man... game over". And this would effect both a long and a short game length. The long because I might/will not see the end, ever. And the short because I might finish the game and feel disapointed that it was not longer, wanting more, but ending up not restarting it... because I have already finished it after all.

Last edited:
I like 70ish hours because the first RPG in my heart will always be Final Fantasy X (insert flameshield against FFX haters, blow me it was the first RPG I played other than pokemon and nostalgia value), which was an approximately 70 hour playthrough .

Mmm... FFX. Good game, really good game. It is in my top 3 games of all time actually. Together with FFVII and FFXII. :) Yeah... 4 out of 10 of my top 10 games are Final Fantasy games (the 4th FF game on the list, usualy at a 9th or 10th place, is FFVIII... since both Mass Effect 1-3 and Suikoden 1+2 places befor it). XD

I sadly enjoy those tedious fetch and collection quests. I get to see more of the world that I would't have gone to before because I had no reason to. I agree that if you're only playing the game for the main story then it should be 30 hours give or take, but for those who want to do everything... Give them everything else to do.
I want to spend days immersed into cyberpunk. I want to look at the people I work with and determine their augmentations because that's all my brain will allow me to think about. I want to have a four hour gaming session where I'm only trying to accomplish one goal and at the end I'm not even close, but I loved every moment of it.
That would just be me though.

I sadly enjoy those tedious fetch and collection quests. I get to see more of the world that I would't have gone to before because I had no reason to. I agree that if you're only playing the game for the main story then it should be 30 hours give or take, but for those who want to do everything... Give them everything else to do.
I want to spend days immersed into cyberpunk. I want to look at the people I work with and determine their augmentations because that's all my brain will allow me to think about. I want to have a four hour gaming session where I'm only trying to accomplish one goal and at the end I'm not even close, but I loved every moment of it.
That would just be me though.

I can totally relate to this.

How about spending an hour or two on just organizing your inventory, weapons, armour, and what ever other equipment you might have, tampering and tweeking with it, buying and selling everything you want or do not need... running back and forth between locations to pick up every single little item that is not nailed down, even those items which is only worth 1 caps/copper/etc, but weighs somewhere around a metric frak-ton... so that you in the end have your entire inventory the exact way you want it to be... perfectly organized, and perfectly tweeked... and at the end of it, if that was all you managed to get done in that particular days playing of the game, you STILL feel like you actually acomplished something. XD

I can totally relate to this.

How about spending an hour or two on just organizing your inventory, weapons, armour, and what ever other equipment you might have, tampering and tweeking with it, buying and selling everything you want or do not need... running back and forth between locations to pick up every single little item that is not nailed down, even those items which is only worth 1 caps/copper/etc, but weighs somewhere around a metric frak-ton... so that you in the end have your entire inventory the exact way you want it to be... perfectly organized, and perfectly tweeked... and at the end of it, if that was all you managed to get done in that particular days playing of the game, you STILL feel like you actually acomplished something. XD

This is what I think when I hear Open World Role Playing Game.

Yes, but you CAN have BOTH quality AND quantity i.e. Skyrim.

I want a long game. Something that I can keep revisiting and keep improving. I don't want a short burst of excitement. I'd prefer slow-burning and patient gameplay.

Top Bottom