How many cars do you steal?

+
This is just out of curiosity. I noticed that it's very easy to play the game without having to yank someone one out of their car, GTA style, but the option is still there, and easily done.

So I was just wondering how often other cyberpunkers actually do it?

Me, guessing about once every 8 hours. Makes me laugh every time I do, just like with GTA. And also I will NEVER forget playing RDR2, Arthur tossing someone off their own wagon "Off you get". But honestly I noticed that I will spend a lot more time running in the game even though all I have to do is toss someone out of their car. If it were GTA, that wouldn't stand.

Also, if you steal a car, usually why is it, in your games? Just curious? Are you running from a bad situation and didn't have time to spawn your ride or is it just because you felt like yanking someone out

To be honest, I usually steal one car per playthrough (one in whole game, that's all). It's too easy to "spawn" your own car and generally I walk around on feet.
So it's a Mai Mai in the parking (or the best car that my technical skills allow me), to go to Coyote Cojo and aquire the Jackie's Arch :)

To be honest, I usually steal one car per playthrough (one in whole game, that's all). It's too easy to "spawn" your own car and generally I walk around on feet.
So it's a Mai Mai in the parking (or the best car that my technical skills allow me), to go to Coyote Cojo and aquire the Jackie's Arch :)

So in your case is that before your car gets repaired and you just dont have a car to spawn?

I noticed I don't steal very many cars in this game, even though its easy. There's been a few times I've been running down the road towards a target location, then I am like, "why am I walking?"

If it were GTA I would steal a car, drive 1 block, crash it, then get out. LOL. I would never walk very far.

Just found my/our difference in play style interesting.

In RDR2 I stole many wagons, but it was only to sell them. Hilarious, but still only so I could get paid. Otherwise I would never bother.

So in your case is that before your car gets repaired and you just dont have a car to spawn?
Yep, it's totally that. I don't have a car, so from V's apartment to Coyote Cojo on foot, it's not great :)
If it were GTA I would steal a car, drive 1 block, crash it, then get out. LOL. I would never walk very far.
The real difference (for me), it's in Cyberpunk, you can encounter some enemies (for xp/loot) and some things to loot on the way. Walking is not also useless than in GTA (I gonnat lie, walking in GTA is totally/really useless and a waste of time...) :)

Although in GTA, I don't steal a car often either. For a gangster I'm a pretty good guy, even with Trevor :D

I brought the cheap and nasty car regina offers you for jackies funeral. I've done that a few times now. I only take cars from the sites of gigs I finish from the deceased.. Actually hijacked and stolen is normally at most one. Think I have done that three times in about 7-8 playthroughs

OK, just curious, in your case, since you seem to car jack less than even myself and LeKill3r in CP77, why did you do it the few times you did?

In my case I do not even think I am motivated by loot. I just don't ever feel the need to, even though walking takes longer. If it were GTA I would sooner uninstall than do that walk.

roleplay tbh, once, I was running from the police having just killed one of them instead of a bad guy by accident and hijacked a car because it was there. Another time I had to get to judy in a hurry when she gives that call so I commandeered their vehicle.. :)

When Judy calls... that's awesome

cyberpunk-2077-1.jpg

I have never carjacked on purpose (did once on accident), but I did steal a junker in the complex garage after getting rammed upon first entering. I mean, I can just summon my cycle whenever so there isn't really a need to steal a ride outside of RP. No point in stealing if I can't keep it.

Its sporadic that I steal a car by yanking some out.
It only happens when there is the right car and in a color that fancies me at the time.
So yeah, dont drive close with either a neat looking Shion or Type 66 or you'll be tossed.
If I catch you in a Shion MZT, you'll be chased, stopped and then 'liberated'

I have stolen a car....never?:)
Seriously, I am not even too sure, now that I am thinking about it, why. I like seeing car's interiors. I buy them mostly for that (ugh what a waste of eddies....NC residents will form a crowd and try to kill me if they knew:) ), so it's odd I don't steal more....
But in the end, I don't like to drive cars. There are rarely places to park. Like except the city center (and I think 1 other area) there are no places to park. WTF?!
...ok silly reason probably:D

Edit: speaking of space: where is V's garage? The poor people in front of V's megabuilding. Living with a psychopath that keeps parking just in front of the building:)
Post automatically merged:

Very rarely if i cant summon my car for some reason. Rarely go for physic builds so kinda limits the options

A good deal of the parked cars require technical ability and the body is for vehicle that are being used already:)

Last edited:
On my first playthrough with streetkid I stole a lot of cars in begining of act 1 (before talking to Jackie and getting the car back). With a nomad character I only stole cars from dead enemies..

There are anough cars to buy, so I seldom steal cars. But once in a while, when I have defeated somebody, and need a quick ride if I don't have a car nearby, then I'll 'borrow' a car from the defeated anemy.

Ater you've woken up in Act 2 after talking to Johnny, and go down the garage were the Delamain-cab does a hit-and-run, you only need to walk up to the second floor of the same garage, and buy the beat-up Galena. It's surprisingly easy to drive in first person, so it's the perfect 'training-wheels'. It only costs €$13K, so it's not expensive either.

Last edited:
Top Bottom