How many cars do you steal?

+
Ater you've woken up in Act 2 after talking to Johnny, and go down the garage were the Delamain-cab does a hit-and-run, you only need to walk up to the second floor of the same garage, and buy the beat-up Galena. It's surprisingly easy to drive in first person, so it's the perfect 'training-wheels'. It only costs €$13K, so it's not expensive either.
Except when you "rush" the Act 1 like me, and you don't have 13K eddies after "The Heist" (or/and you save your eddies to buy a descent Cyberdeck as quickly as possible).

a lot ....my favorite car "family" type-66s have a variation that I can't own and is the best handling and breaking of the group
type -66 640 TS
so look out if ya own one look out cause V is a motorhead with a short life and nothing to lose

I see a pretty car/bike - I steal it :D but sometimes they would disappear right in front of your eyes when you get out of it and it will never be found again. Like with those parked near Afterlife, or was it in front of Lizzie's..? Not sure.

Today's catch:

photomode_04072021_005150.pngphotomode_04072021_004217.pngphotomode_04072021_003951.pngphotomode_04072021_003532.png

I tend to use fast travel and run everywhere, driving a car in first person is near impossible because of the ridiculous glare that still hasn't been fixed yet. Sure, I could drive 3rd person, but I've never liked that (in any driving game) - you can't do it irl, why do it in a game? lol

Edit: speaking of space: where is V's garage? The poor people in front of V's megabuilding. Living with a psychopath that keeps parking just in front of the building:)
Hah, yeah that can be a duzy.
When you would walk outside the building the normal way (where you meet Jacky in the beginning) take left turn and then across the street is a orange-ish building with a large way leading up sloped. That is the entrace to your garage from the outside.

From inside the Megabuilding.
When you exit your apartment, take a right even before going through the gate. Then take the hallway right and you run into an elevator. That goes straight to where Jackie drops you off in the prologue.

Once you own one motorcycle, one sport car and one off-road car, stealing become mostly useless. As is useless to buy them, other than for completionism and to take fancy shots in photomode (as in basically every open world game, tbh). I do steal them though, from time to time, just to listen to the (sometimes hilarious) comments from the poor drivers. I guess that's the bad boy in me.

none, yet, but if i wander off and hit a gang shoot-out, i will gladly swipe a bike to get to my next waypoint.

Aside from instant access to a random car, is there even ANY benefit to stealing a car? i. e. selling them somewhere?

If I steal a car, its usually a parked car or belongs to people I dont like(from gangs or corporations). The exceptions might be the ocasional parked car or abandoned car, like this one that I just had to take after the previous owner(probably a corpo) left behind near a shootout.

photomode_26052021_022929.png

First play through I think I stole one or two that were just sitting there.

Second play though I have no idea how many I stole. I just take cars for convenience if its right in front of me.

Hah, yeah that can be a duzy.
When you would walk outside the building the normal way (where you meet Jacky in the beginning) take left turn and then across the street is a orange-ish building with a large way leading up sloped. That is the entrace to your garage from the outside.

From inside the Megabuilding.
When you exit your apartment, take a right even before going through the gate. Then take the hallway right and you run into an elevator. That goes straight to where Jackie drops you off in the prologue.

I just stop right in the middle of the road in front of the Megabuilding and get out. LoL

The only time I stole cars was when Delamain had to repair mine. But now, I always call my car as I found the fastest one (It is free and can reach 211 mph). I do not steal cars except if there are abandoned police cars. The cars in the city are almost the same, so a bit boring driving always the same.

Top Bottom