How many decks do you have?

+

How many decks do you have?

• Total voters
It appears that the maximum amount of deck slots available is 40 and apparently there are a few players in need of more slots. That makes me wonder...
1. How many decks do you currently have?
2. Do you have a lot of similar decks or are you trying (completely) different ones?
3. How many of those decks do you actually (regularly) play?

I have like 11 ish decks. I don't net deck because I enjoy making my own decks. I really like to try new things out though. I have like 6 different Nilfgaard decks lol. I haven't really gotten into Monsters because they just seem too strong at the moment. I mostly play a Calveit deck I made with the sole purpose of beating big tall units, a Self-Wounding deck with Crach and a Revenant/Scorch deck with Henselt. I think those are the best decks I've made since I win with them a lot.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Im always making new decks, but i manage by deleting old ones, so im always in the 8-15 decks area.

And i play all 5 faction, and most leaders, except Woodland and Eithne cuz i hate them, and Ada and Harald because they always have the same finisher.

2. Do you have a lot of similar decks or are you trying (completely) different ones?
First answering questions:
1. I have 7 decks right now.
2. All of them are completely different.
3. That is difficult to answer. I play one deck at time consistently, but that one deck is changed several times per month.

Now I will try to better explain my approach. I started playing Gwent since it came out of beta (Season of Mahakam), so I am still quite new. I unlocked all leaders as the first thing to do with reward points and then I was picking one leader per each faction, which would fit the best according to ease of play and availability of cards in my collection. (Not every card fits archetype of each faction leader.) I do all decks on my own, I never use netdecks. So those were two main factors for picking one leader for each faction.

Then I try to win 100 games with each leader, which gives me contract and also tunes deck to reasonable performance in the process. After I manage those 100 wins, I move to different faction and keep playing another leader. However this schedule is sometimes "disturbed" with faction week or faction challenge and I have to play leaders (decks) out of schedule. Generally, I play about 2-4 decks per season.

So far, I managed to get 100 wins with Brouver Hoog as the first one, then switched to Woodland Spirit and made 100 wins with him too, then switched to King Foltest and was at 60 wins when Faction challenge come and I picked Scoia'tael as my favourite faction, so I was "forced" to play with Eithne (I did not want to play with Brouver Hoog as his contract was already reached) and I managed to get 100 wins with Eithne, then there was Monsters week as result of Faction challenge and I was "forced" to play with Eredin Breacc Glas (I did not want to play with Woodland Spirit as his contract was already reached). Now I can finally play again on my own and I will probaly return back to King Foltest to finish his contract. (40 wins to go)

Btw, I was already "criticizing" implementation of Faction challenge, because unlike Faction week (which affects only 1 week), Faction challenge affects your play style for 2 weeks, which is almost half of season. I like Faction challenge (Faction week is great thing!), but it should really have impact only for one week.

Weeeelll there I am
I get bored after 1-2 plays with 1 same deck and I pretty much remember what I played 'yesterday' so gotta change often...

Nilfgaard 16-20 different decks... (excluding new leader)...

Morwran swarm
Morwran AoE dmg
Morwran Reveal for dmg
Morwran own Reveal for buffs

Emhyr Shupee
Emhyr Zoltan
Emhyr Witchers for lock and seize
Emhyr Witchers for value
Emhyr absolute Mill deck

Calveit Alchemy Tibor
Calveit Cahir Regis
Calveit could fit with a tweaked Witchers, AoE dmg(more a tactical one), SlaveMenoHorn etc etc... Similar deck but different play...

Usurper Slave Meno Horn
Usurper Spies Meno Horn
Usurper card advantage Witchers
Usurper lock and seize (quite different than the Emhyr one)

And here come all the tactic-decks modified to fit with Aep Dude...

I can't recall other unique decks I've deleted already...
It WOULD be the same with other factions but there are not enough slots :(((((((((

But at least because of often changing decks, I've come up with some strong ones that provide with 90%+ win rate... If these are not yet played in league 0, it may be because a few people copied me or league 0 players need more time to invent them heh...

I had to delete 2 decks after the recent update, leaving me at this moment with 27 decks which I play regulary, sticking with only a few decks would make me bored and dull. Of the 27 there are 3 prototype Discard decks that might require some new cards in order to become killerdecks. And 3 of the 27 are different versions of Big Monsters. All other decks are unique to eachother. Since I can't stop looking for new combos it would be in my favor to have more then 40 slots.

1) I have 20-ish decks currently
2) All completely different
3) Maybe 5-ish what I actively play during any given time

I'm trying to build a deck for every leader without netdecking. I try to get different archetypes work in different and interesting ways and also broaden my understanding of intricacies of each archetype. I've been playing since gold immunity in beta was removed (a bit over year and a half?) so without trying different things I grow bored. I very much anticipate the march expansion to get more variety and options to build around.

EDIT: Another thing I like to do is trying to build lore-friendly decks.

Last edited:

Breli

Forum regular

1. almost always close to 40
2. completely different, all factions, all leaders
3. Hmm maybe 3-6 are played regularly

I am tinkering around a lot with different decks. I jump directly in the deck builder whenever
my opponent plays something I haven’t seen before or when I see something interesting here in the forum or on a stream. I really love to explore new cards/card combinations even though that gives me losing streaks due to my unfamiliarity with these experimental decks.

Having more functionality to manage decks (sorting, copying, building modules etc.) would be appreciated (not urgent of course) ;)

Edit: typos

Last edited:
Weeeelll there I am
I get bored after 1-2 plays with 1 same deck and I pretty much remember what I played 'yesterday' so gotta change often...

Nilfgaard 16-20 different decks... (excluding new leader)...

Morwran swarm
Morwran AoE dmg
Morwran Reveal for dmg
Morwran own Reveal for buffs

Emhyr Shupee
Emhyr Zoltan
Emhyr Witchers for lock and seize
Emhyr Witchers for value
Emhyr absolute Mill deck

Calveit Alchemy Tibor
Calveit Cahir Regis
Calveit could fit with a tweaked Witchers, AoE dmg(more a tactical one), SlaveMenoHorn etc etc... Similar deck but different play...

Usurper Slave Meno Horn
Usurper Spies Meno Horn
Usurper card advantage Witchers
Usurper lock and seize (quite different than the Emhyr one)

And here come all the tactic-decks modified to fit with Aep Dude...

I can't recall other unique decks I've deleted already...
It WOULD be the same with other factions but there are not enough slots :(((((((((

But at least because of often changing decks, I've come up with some strong ones that provide with 90%+ win rate... If these are not yet played in league 0, it may be because a few people copied me or league 0 players need more time to invent them heh...
Can I ask you how you go about deckbuilding? My decks are always tier 2 at best so I'm doing something wrong. I basically pick one big finisher, like Menno - Horn and then I add staples like unicorns and witchers.
Post automatically merged:

It appears that the maximum amount of deck slots available is 40 and apparently there are a few players in need of more slots. That makes me wonder...
To answer your question - my deck count always ranges from about 1 - 20, because there are times where I experiment with different decks, deck variations, leaders (and that all across the factions sometimes) until I find one deck or multiple decks that I like in particular and then I delete the unrefined ones. So then I end up with one deck or two.

Sometimes I keep those and start experimenting again and when I get tired of those "refined" decks I delete them and repeat the cycle without them taking up space.

Honestly, I hate to have more than 5 decks in my decklist. They have to have different leaders and should ideally be from different factions aswell. Though I often end up with all Nilfgaard decks or one or two additional ST decks.

Last edited:
Idk, firstly I think of all cards that have something in common, i.e. Dryads (not saying it's a tier 1 one...), and then think of cards that would work well with them. So, like,
I) thinking of making a certain archetype powerful. Like movement or weather.
II) Then I try to include&exclude cards so that they won't steal points one another, AND
III) that there'll be enough to win round 1 while keeping most value for round 3, or at least drain big cards from the enemy.

The cards I use, I try to calculate an average value for each provision. If a card has high chance to grant 20% more value that are it's provisions... like a 6 prov card that gives 10 up to 40 value... (will be probably nerfed soon eh xd).

I prefer small cards eg. 7 provision for 9 value, than 10 provision for 10 value, as percentage and total value is different.

At this point a sketch of a deck is complete.
IV) Now the details of the sketch:
1) resistance to one Geralt, possibly 2. To resist 3 Geralts, there's needed a luck with hand draws tbh...
2) resistance to these damned Locks
3) what if opponent has far less body than the deck has damage (need to include buffs) OR lots of Immunity
4) resistance to these damned Spears
5) protection for the engines, if it's a really important one
6) resistance to high value decks (my deck needs to provide enough value to outvalue a stright forward Big Woodland)
and then, I play a match and think of potential counters to my deck. Even if opponent doesn't counter it, I think of ways he could have.
7) resistance to possible counters to the deck.
(Eg. if Draugh Foltest kills it, it's good to include Gerwin even if in most cases he does 6 pts.)
Or if Harald The Cripple doesn't allow to begin with an important engine, deck needs a quick body-providing to support the engine, with a total of like 10-12 body...

Top Bottom