How many difficulties will there be?

+
Personally I hate playing games on Normal cause its too easy and it doesn't force me to learn the gameplay mechanics. Hard is a bit too annoying though. Would LOVE a difficulty between Normal and Hard, and infact that should be the recommended difficulty setting. I think we should have a no challenge "story" mode for the blog journalists. Normal which is easy. Hard which is what I want and then Expert for people who have already finished the game. Expert is really freaking hard, and I like that for my second play through.

I'm the complete opposite player, but I do agree. I'm not good with shooters. Especially boss fights. My first run will probably be story mode. But I will upgrade levels on subsequent runs if I find it easy enough.

When ever i talked someone into play TW3 i told them to start on Story because the combat was different . When they got their heads around it they could turn up the difficulty . I am not a big shooter game player either so i might sure go normal to start and see how it goes .

Option wise i think it will be pretty similar to Witcher 3's difficulties, which is similar to options you mentioned. I just hope the difficulty curve is better than that of Witcher 3. On Deathmarch it started out really well and mid way through Velen everything started to feel really easy.

I think having a good difficulty curve is a lot more important for Cyberpunk since there seem to be a lot of skills and attributes to play with, so if the game ends up being too easy it defeats the purpose of min-maxing (which i am really looking for)

I've been wondering the same for a while now. Not only the options but the way they impact the game play. I'm also curious which difficulty, if any, the recent build the game journos played on... A little context never hurt anything.

Sadly, for the last 5-10 years whenever I pick up a new game I tend to wing it and jack difficulty up to the max.... They don't make em like Battletoads or Frogger anymore... Heh :).

Personally I hate playing games on Normal cause its too easy and it doesn't force me to learn the gameplay mechanics. Hard is a bit too annoying though. Would LOVE a difficulty between Normal and Hard, and infact that should be the recommended difficulty setting. I think we should have a no challenge "story" mode for the blog journalists. Normal which is easy. Hard which is what I want and then Expert for people who have already finished the game. Expert is really freaking hard, and I like that for my second play through.
"How many difficulties will there be?"
Hopefully none! Life is difficult enough!

Well my experiences have been a bit different...

I have played games that normal meant "extremely difficult"
I have played games that hard meant "extremely difficult"
I have played games that normal meant "extremely easy"
I have played games that normal meant "random, as in sometimes very easy and sometimes very difficult"
I have played games that easy meant "extremely difficult"
I have played games that hard meant "extremely easy"

So now I am very unsure of what to do, and really the only thing I'm sure I want in terms of difficulty now in Cyberpunk2077 is an in-depth system that allows me to customize and choose every single individual separate difficulty variable, completely independently from one another, and basically just create my own difficulty setting.

I am very tired of choosing "easy" or "normal" or "hard" or "EXTREME" in video games. I want to completely customize my experience. My goal isn't to make it easy or hard or normal anymore. My goal is to make the experience feel right for me.

I'd expect 4. Story, normal, hard and expert - for example.

I almost always choose the hardest because I want to learn all the mechanics the devs went to the trouble of creating and attempt the challenge they have thrown down.

Obviously though, there's an art to balancing these things and keeping it even throughout. Especially if levels, skill trees, bosses, super-loot and optional sidequests are involved.

I think it all depends on your choices and playstyle really from what ive understand, There will be choices that make things harder or easier, take the Flathead mission have the militech get the cred chip and just walk in rather than fight way in, or shooting Royce during standoff and cut boss fight out all together

LEVEL 1. Easy | Recommended for newbies and game journalists.
LEVEL 2. Normal | Recommended for people who love games, but are also very busy with real life.
LEVEL 3. Hard | Recommended for experienced gamer's who gain satisfaction through overcoming tough challenges.

LEVEL 4. Give Me Cyberpunk | Recommended for dedicated gamer's who understand that nothing of value in life is free.

LEVEL 5. Die Punk | Recommended for masochists who are willing to start all over again when they die the first time.

LEVEL 2. Normal | Recommended for people who love games, but are also very busy with real life.
LEVEL 3. Hard | Recommended for experienced gamer's who gain satisfaction through overcoming tough challenges.

LEVEL 4. Give Me Cyberpunk | Recommended for dedicated gamer's who understand that nothing of value in life is free.

LEVEL 5. Die Punk | Recommended for masochists who are willing to start all over again when they die the first time.
LEVEL 0. Custom Settings

Custom difficulty settings all the way. ;)(y)

You know what.

I wouldn't be surprised if this game has something like Witcher 2. Where the hardest difficulty is so penalizing that you had to restart all over again. But with a game that has so many hours in it, I personally do not see it to be part of it. Just because, Witcher 2 was such a small linear story. I am at a point I could care less if they add difficulties like that. I had my fill with that part of Witcher 2 and it was so crazy, in someway was very interesting because you had to figure out your enemies moves and counter attacks. I end up achieving the award as "madman" for completing the game on insane.

One thing I find it kind of odd with applying such "insane" mode to this game is the demand of ways to mitigate the game itself against npc's and even dialogs? Is not like Witcher 2 that was very linear with its own written scrip that only affected gameplay. And that is why Witcher 3 never had it, wasn't implemented. Because how long that game was. That is why I think the game won't have an "insane" kind of version. If it does I would be super surprised, given that it is an open world, less than a linear.

Haha, imagine walking dow the street and getting hit by a car... restart! :cry:

You know what.

I wouldn't be surprised if this game has something like Witcher 2. Where the hardest difficulty is so penalizing that you had to restart all over again. But with a game that has so many hours in it, I personally do not see it to be part of it. Just because, Witcher 2 was such a small linear story. I am at a point I could care less if they add difficulties like that. I had my fill with that part of Witcher 2 and it was so crazy, in someway was very interesting because you had to figure out your enemies moves and counter attacks. I end up achieving the award as "madman" for completing the game on insane.

One thing I find it kind of odd with applying such "insane" mode to this game is the demand of ways to mitigate the game itself against npc's and even dialogs? Is not like Witcher 2 that was very linear with its own written scrip that only affected gameplay. And that is why Witcher 3 never had it, wasn't implemented. Because how long that game was. That is why I think the game won't have an "insane" kind of version. If it does I would be super surprised, given that it is an open world, less than a linear.

My god that would suck.....

I know right?...
Imagine doing that over and over again. but in this game, becoming just ultimately unbearable.

Yeah that would suck so much. also one silly mistake with a push of a button u fall off the ledge of a building mid story and start all over again? I dont have time for that. However, if they roll back to check points maybe further along the back, u know like the one where developers made you smash your computer when they put in really bad checkpoints, that's punishment enough and I wouldnt mind that on a very hard difficulty.

I would like a difficulty just like deathmarch but like someone else has pointed out it gets a bit easy after progressing the story abit.

Top Bottom