How many of you plan on playing against your life path origin? I.E. street kid that is pro corpo etc...

+
First off, is anyone else having problems trying to post a new thread using the mobile version? The "Post new thread" option does not appear for some reason on my mobile phone, forcing me to make new post from a desktop. Is this normal or something wrong on my end? On my phone I see EVERY OTHER option but post a new thread.

Now to my topic which may sound confusing. For my Street Kid, I plan on either being anti-Corpo.....or being pro Corpo and cozying up to them and "betraying the streets" if that is such an option. Same with my Corpo, especially after being kicked to the curve by Arasaka, my Corpo V would be heavily anti Corpo and more for the street/common man/woman.

Anyone else plan on doing the same or will you stick with the norm and be anti-Corpo as street kid and pro-Corpo as a Corpo?

I don't see a logical reason why a street kid should be "anti-corpo" in any way. Indeed, I will probably end up being friendly to Militech in my first playthrough as street kid.

To me, street kid represents humble beginnings, poverty, having to deal with gangs as a necessity. I would want to get out of that hole by any means possible; and corps represent money and power. I would be willing to work for them for money. Ideology is not my thing.

I don't see a logical reason why a street kid should be "anti-corpo" in any way. Indeed, I will probably end up being friendly to Militech in my first playthrough as street kid.

To me, street kid represents humble beginnings, poverty, having to deal with gangs as a necessity. I would want to get out of that hole by any means possible; and corps represent money and power. I would be willing to work for them for money. Ideology is not my thing.

So either way you will be warm towards the Corps, interesting.

A counter argument to your street kid is that perhaps the poverty was brought about by the corps in a world of extreme capitalism so perhaps a grudge could be had?

A counter argument to your street kid is that perhaps the poverty was brought about by the corps in a world of extreme capitalism so perhaps a grudge could be had?

The poverty in Cyberpunk is probably one you were born into, at least in the non-corpo origins. If I would start as corpo, then I could
a.) Blame Arasaka for firing me and go on a revenge trip. This means I could ally myself with Arasakas competitors without a second thought
b.) Blame all corps, and jump on SIlverhand bandwagon. This seems strange however, since I already saw it as a good idea to work for them in the first place.

On my Corpo
The poverty in Cyberpunk is probably one you were born into, at least in the non-corpo origins. If I would start as corpo, then I could
a.) Blame Arasaka for firing me and go on a revenge trip. This means I could ally myself with Arasakas competitors without a second thought
b.) Blame all corps, and jump on SIlverhand bandwagon. This seems strange however, since I already saw it as a good idea to work for them in the first place.
Going for option a. I'm gonna work with Militech.

Gonna be a Streetkid preacher. Telling people the truth of Johnny Silverhand and the MegaCorps. That he's nothing, but a self aggrandizing dick. Imagine a life without the Megacorps how would society look? More bloodshed, more degradation, until someone fills the power vacuum. Lives lost and resources lost on a society barely rebuilding.

I dont have any particular plan. Trying to game the narrative in advance kinda defeats the purpose. I'll make the choices as they come.

Thinking about how you might live the life you have I wouldn't say that defeats the purpose. It's unlikely any of us will actually do what we're thinking, but we can spend some time dreaming just to pass the time as we have 52 more days left to wait.

My corpo V will just be a gun for hire for everyone. From what we know about the lifepath, it seems Corpo V was an assassin or a hired gun for Arasaka anyway. So I'm going to continue down that road. Though I hope V will be able to get revenge on Arasaka.

Thinking about how you might live the life you have I wouldn't say that defeats the purpose. It's unlikely any of us will actually do what we're thinking, but we can spend some time dreaming just to pass the time as we have 52 more days left to wait.
Back story is fair-ish game. I was more commenting on "playing against life path."

I dont have any particular plan. Trying to game the narrative in advance kinda defeats the purpose. I'll make the choices as they come.

Its called Role Playing. You set up a personality and agenda/story/purpose/theme of your character and roll with it.

I have no pre-planned path since it'll all depend on the characters I meet and the situations as they unfold.

However, if I had to create one, maybe it'd be as a Nomad who is fed-up eating dust and wants a taste of the high-life. So they'd be tempted by that corpo money and power. Maybe, once they get that taste and know what it costs, they realise how much their Nomad origins means to them and end up going back to their roots.

But like I said, I imagine (and hope) the people and Nightcity will be complicated enough to push me into all sorts of unexpected and unplanned situations, meaning everything will be decided on the fly rather than following a preset path.

V's story seems more like they're gonna get shoved about by Nightcity, rather than being the one doing the pushing. I think simply trying to survive is gonna be the real path they all follow, regardless of origins.

Its called Role Playing. You set up a personality and agenda/story/purpose/theme of your character and roll with it.
Planning out the types of choices I'll make in advance is not how I do role playing.

Last edited:
First off, is anyone else having problems trying to post a new thread using the mobile version? The "Post new thread" option does not appear for some reason on my mobile phone, forcing me to make new post from a desktop.

You cannot start a new thread in the Hot Topics section. Instead, you'll have to navigate to a sub-forum first. This is likely the cause, not the mobile version.

In the first game I'm going to be a nomad. Since I'm a nomad I will be friendly to the nomads but that also depends on events that transpires in the game. For instance, if the group betrays me or allied with a gang, corp, or person I dislike. I don't really care about anyone's agenda/goals/ambitions/narratives in the end. I'm only going to choose the best options that benefits me and not be used by people to achieve whatever their trying to achieve.

For a nomad the world runs on trust.

Gangers trust other members, corpo's trust no one but themselves.

Respect the streets, burn the corps!

Top Bottom