How many times did you play your The Witcher games ?!

+
Right I got off my lazy ass and clicked TWEE on my desktop and yep options include separate sliders for vo & subs :)

and yes TW2's settings from launcher has the same.... Sweet !

You know I'm not sure i've ever seen those options in any other game, but then I haven't been looking. Still it's another thing to thank the Reds for.

I played both versions three times, still planning to do a fourth playthrough of The Witcher 2 (Roche's path) because of the content that came with the enhanced edition.

@ReptilePZ; I'm a big fan of the Dougster too, played him so much no one else could replace him really, I think his voice is superb. I hope CDPR keep him on the roster whatever happens to Geralt.

But... I've just discovered that the Polish Geralt is kind of similar in tone & inflection, even the semi-drawl. Too close to be coincidence, they clearly wanted him to sound this particular way in all languages.

Yep I'm after completing TW1 prologue with Polish vo & English subs, and it was great, i'm definitely going to play the 2 games this way now. It's atmospheric certainly, more authentic perhaps? Triss' voice is fantastic, I gotta admit its better than the English, though i'm one who likes English Triss. Vesemir i'd say on par - both excellent, Lambert, Eskel, Javed all good, Leo was better than I recall the English, he sounds a more appropriate age (older) and the Prof sounds real good too.

Couldn't make any words out at the start, then you start catching names, then words probably from the latin like elixer, labortarium, alcohol, bibliotech, and gradually more words start to separate. I'm not saying you could learn Polish this way, but maybe a few words from short sentences like "yes"... is it "dak/tak?".

I recommended everyone to check it out, sure what harm could it do? :)

@ReptilePZ; I'm a big fan of the Dougster too, played him so much no one else could replace him really, I think his voice is superb. I hope CDPR keep him on the roster whatever happens to Geralt.

But... I've just discovered that the Polish Geralt is kind of similar in tone & inflection, even the semi-drawl. Too close to be coincidence, they clearly wanted him to sound this particular way in all languages.
I've heard Geralt's VO in all the languages, I'd say all are really good. But nothing can beat Doug. Have you even seen his moustache?

It is a a maginificent thing to behold.

Yay ! Well I've got you to thank @gregski;... it was your suggestion, just took me a while to get it together :p

Who knows, I can be a quick study... maybe i'll learn enough words to chat up one of those pretty Polish girls living over here now :)

on Doug: I've never even seen his face before ! Damn he's frigging scary :p

Last edited:
I've heard Geralt's VO in all the languages, I'd say all are really good. But nothing can beat Doug. Have you even seen his moustache?

It is a a maginificent thing to behold.

I'm not the one to be taken or impressed by a stash or beard, mainly because I've had the ability to grow a fairly impressive one myself since my teenage years. And fairly quick as well. Well it's enough to spark jealousy in my friends, but they don't know the curse and hassle of it all to be honest.

But nevermind the facial hair, just look at those yellow-brown witcher eyes! And remember, Geralt can dilate his pupils at will, and apparently so can Doug Cockle!
;)

Last edited:
Looks like the photographer stole his yorkie bar :p

Love the way the grey in the 'tache is symmetrical, he's luckier than I (yep I'm fairly hairy too tho mostly on the head).

Don't be jealous Dougie :p

Looks like the photographer stole his yorkie bar :p

Love the way the grey in the 'tache is symmetrical, he's luckier than I (yep I'm fairly hairy too tho mostly on the head).

Don't be jealous Dougie :p

:rofl:
Thanks Kudos! I needed that laugh. 'Yorkie bar'. The photographer surely choked on it.

Last edited:
Man. Some of you really love the Witcher 1. I played it once and I'm never gonna touch it again. The game design is very clunky and MMOish. The interface has its charm but it's a but counter intuitive. The narrative is where it does indeed shine and really blow me away but... There's something called "gameplay". If your gameplay is dull, repetitive and too formulaic, there's no reason for me to play it again because it so easy to grok. Once I've done it, there's nothing else for me to explore. So yeah. The Witcher 1 has one full playthrough from me. Loved every second but just thinking of replaying it makes me dizzy.

Mass Effect 1 is another RPG that has awful, boring, singleminded combat. Man, I can't tell you how many times I was almost falling asleep.

Witcher 2 however has 3 playthroughs. For a guy who doesn't replay his RPGs because I consider my first playthrough my canon and everything else just stains that, that says a lot. Twice on Dark, once on Insane. Really easy game. Hopefully RED will take some cues from FromSoft regarding game design. The writing is beyond stellar but they need help in the gameplay department.

Rly i can t say how many times i played through both games, i just simply lost count.

TW1 i blieve at least 6 times (minimum)
TW2 i believe 10 times... and i play through it again right now.

but these numbers just guessing, as said i lost count.

So long

Not as much as I wanted. Actually before W3 release, I plan of two W1 & two W2 complete, most detailed walkthroughs, with reading every single letter.

@FoggyFishburne; I get ya, I really do... i've just started playing TW1 again, i'm going to complete it for the second time, the main reason being I want to experience the 'other story' when I either go Siegfried or neutral, and romance Triss, which are all things I haven't done. You know the craic, there are parts of the whole story I haven't seen, and I've heard theres a revelation concerning Alvin if you take the neutral path. Sure I could find out this little piece of convo without playing the game, but I want to unravel this mystery as designed. But aye, I wish the combat was TW2 style.

Still... it's not that bad... just get in the right frame of mind to put up with it for a few hours play, and you get the story. I'm also doing it in Polish this time, which is definitely adding some atmosphere.

I'd have thought you played TW2 more than that though... I took you for a fan of the combat.:facepalm:

I played both games 4 times, but I am going to play The Witcher 2 once more, maybe witch FCR2.

Ah... let me see.

Witcher 1 - over 10 times, I really lost count. It has kinda become a tradition to play it every now and again.
Witcher 2 - 3 times on retail edition, tried it with Steam recently to do the achievements, can't really do it because my PC is a piece of crap.

Top Bottom