How many times have you played W2?

+
10,the game deserve more playthroughs though it's hard to make time for it especially with all new game releases all the time.

TW1 - 9 times, Steam shows 200h played.
TW2 - 9 times, Steam shows 170h played

I prefer the first Witcher, mainly because of the more interesting sidequests and some small things, like the ability to drink potions while in combat and to apply oils/runes/whetstones in real-time and to actually watch the animation of Geralt putting the oil on his sword.

FoggyFishburne said:
I've completed TW1 once.

I've completed TW2 once.

I have this notion that you should only play an RPG once (any game will do I guess but I apply this rule only to RPGs). The simple reason being, the more times you play it, the more you reduce the story to just that, a "game". You start seeing design choices and bugs. You start getting under the immersion and into the mind of the designer. You stop appreciating the story and start seeing the faults.

Multiple playthroughs is also kinda boring since you get too see all the content you missed out on on the first playthrough. But that's the thing that made the game special to you in the first place. Your choices set you down a very specific path and the shit you got to see was "your" story. Multiple playthroughs reduces your story to nothing more than a checklist. It turns the art into a tool for you to get as much content as possible, despite if you actually agree with the choices you make after the first playthrough.

It seems like I'm the only one who actually thinks like this. Which is great. I love being special ^^
You should play The W2 at least 2 times (Roche/Iorweth)

Never had the pc version, just the EE console release, & was very grateful they ported that, or i wouldve missed out on AoKs.

Have to admit it was probably a gamble to port it, although it mustve $ off, /w the wild hunt now.

helped draw alot of others players to the series.

Anyway in total, played it on normal twice to do both paths.

then did hard.

now doing dark. Of course ill do another dark run for the other path..

first game only completed it once believe it or not.

kept having to reinstall it & so forth & although the EE is alot better, theres game breaking quest glitches i did not encounter in the vanilla witcher version. (Vizima confidential comes to mind)

still have the o.g. disc & packaging too.

ive had alot of fun with these games & hope to get my hands on a copy of the wild hunt sometime in the not too distant future.

still it was a sad day when i had to cancel my rise of the white wolf pre order.

I mean i pre ordered it THE 1st day cdprojekt announced it, way back when preordering was in its infancy.

Only played the W1 one time, might give it another try, but the combat can feel bland after a while.

I played W2 around 6 times i think, 2 times Iorveth's path and 4 times Roche's path which is my favorite and main one.

TW 1 : something like 5 times at least, done for now.
TW 2 : 4 times for now, one more will come after TW 3
Tw3 : am finishing first run

TW1 - 1 (although I can't say that I've finished it, and when my GOG account merged with this forum account I lost my Witcher 1 game :/ so I won't be finishing it anytime soon.)

TW2 - More than 5 times. And only one time on Roche's path.

TW3 - I'm on my 2nd playthrough now.

You did, though? I imagine it was horrible.

It was miserable being separated from Iorveth :( and I felt awful when Vergen got invaded by that pig Henselt. Also, Dethmold is 10x more insufferable than Philippa, so overall I didn't enjoy Roche's path. I felt as though Roche was more of a reliable friend on Iorveth's path too, since he doesn't drag you into his regicide plans.

Last edited:
TW1 = 2
TW2 = 2,5 (after my second ending I played the other path starting from crossroads mission)
TW3 = 0

Books: 3 times except for Season of Storm: 1 time
Witcher 1: 3 times
Witcher 2: 8 times
Witcher 3. Currently on my 3rd playthrough but the overall time should be similar to my 8 playthrought of Witcher 2...

Played the second game for five times. First Roche, then Iorveth. Third time with Enhanced Edition on Roche's side again. And then Iorveth's on Dark Mode difficulty. The last one was with FCR 2 on Broche's path.

Tried playing on insane and failed on Letho. Lots of rage.

Top Bottom