How many units will fit into one row?

+
Yupeeee, I can finally create threads!

I have many many questions, which I would like to ask, so I will start with this topic.
How many units can be put into one row and what would happen, if some effect would try to put there extra unit?
Lets say, that player has one row empty and one row filled with maximum number of units and then there would trigger Roach, which is put into random line. Would Roach be put automatically into empty line or is it possible, that game could decide to randomly put it into full line and what will happen then? Will be some unit in that line destroyed or would be Roach destroyed or would happen something else?
Post automatically merged:

Hmm, I was creating this topic in Gwent General section. I do not know, why it ended here in Community section. Is it related to me being new user of forum, so I can not create topics in General section?

Currently, Gwent is a bit of a murderfest. It's nigh impossible to fill a row. I believe the max is 10 cards.

Nine cards per row.
In your example Roach would go to the row that still has room; there is no way to have more than nine cards on a row.

If you play a card that Spawns a copy of itself on the same row as it's played on, but the row only has one free slot, the second card cannot be played and will just vanish (never checked, but I think it gets banished from that match).
If you play Vesemir (the trio one) on a row with only two free slots, either Eskel or Lambert will stay in your deck as only one of them can be played. Just tested this. Probably the same for other cards that Summon from the deck, but haven't tested anything except the witchers.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Nine cards per row.
In your example Roach would go to the row that still has room; there is no way to have more than nine cards on a row.

If you play a card that Spawns a copy of itself on the same row as it's played on, but the row only has one free slot, the second card cannot be played and will just vanish (never checked, but I think it gets banished from that match).
If you play Vesemir (the trio one) on a row with only two free slots, either Eskel or Lambert will stay in your deck as only one of them can be played. Just tested this. Probably the same for other cards that Summon from the deck, but haven't tested anything except the witchers.

I have filled (unwillingly) both rows (2 rows*9 slots), and then you can no longer play units until a slot is free.
But i dont think the remaining units/artefacts in your hand get banished but discarded instead, though cant confirm as i didnt check the graveyard, just passed.

Also pretty sure they don't get banished, but I should be able to confirm that today since I've been playing a row jammer deck

Top Bottom