how many watt needs to run two high end graphic card and other stuff in the case.

+
how many watt needs to run two high end graphic card and other stuff in the case.

i decided to keep my gtx580 just to see the "fur". in that case i'll have two graphic cards which one of them is probably going to be r9 290x lightning (2*8 and 1*6 pin = 350watt). i have 1000 watt high power but there are other stuff you know, mainboard (maximus iv extreme), two hdds, aerocool xpredator (with 2 huge fans and some light), i7-2600k and akasa venom cpu cooler. i'll need more watt or that's enough(i wish i bought 1200w back then)? any idea?
----
ooopps, i was going to start the thread in technical support, sorry.

If you want the fur, get a GTX780/780Ti. Running a 290X alongside a GTX580 means completely unnecessary power consumption (=spent money ).
To answer your initial question: a 1k W power supply would be sufficient, if it's of reasonable quality. Another thing: a card with 2*8-pin plus 1*6 pin connectors has a theoretical power limit of 450 Watts (75 by the PCIe connection, 150 by each 8 pin and 75 by the 6 pin connection).

1000 watt should be enough but you can always use this calculator
http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

Additionally unless something has changed Nvidia has locked their drivers in a hybrid setup like your talking about . You would need to use a hack to get around it .
http://physxinfo.com/wiki/Hybrid_PhysX

thanks mates.

Tommy said:
Additionally unless something has changed Nvidia has locked their drivers in a hybrid setup like your talking about . You would need to use a hack to get around it .
http://physxinfo.com/wiki/Hybrid_PhysX

that's why i love pc.

750-850 watts. Actual power consumption of the 290X and the 580 are about the same, 290 watts. Even two cards running wide open throttle wouldn't burn more than 600 watts. With your full complement of accessories, 850 watts is the better bet.

1000 to 1200 watt power supplies introduce their own compatibility issues. If you can live with 850 watts, it would be much less hassle short-term and long-term.

Power supply recommendations on the card vendor websites are almost always egregious overestimates. The best method going is xTreme Power Supply Calculator Pro, but if you don't want to pay for it, the Lite version at the Web site Tommy linked is good for consumer uses.

GuyN said:
1000 to 1200 watt power supplies introduce their own compatibility issues. If you can live with 850 watts, it would be much less hassle short-term and long-term.

Could you go a little more in depth on why this is so?

Aver

Forum veteran
Smintheus said:
i decided to keep my gtx580 just to see the "fur".

Actually fur technology is not fueled by PhysX, but by Direct Compute technology and it works on AMD cards too.

GeraltTheRiv said:
Could you go a little more in depth on why this is so?

Many require additional drivers, and some are downright quirky. I cannot recommend these to anyone I do not know to be an experienced system integrator.

GuyN said:
Many require additional drivers, and some are downright quirky. I cannot recommend these to anyone I do not know to be an experienced system integrator.

Are you serious? Drivers for a PSU? I have a 1600W PSU and it doesn't require anything, besides connecting the cables.

Eleaxus said:
Are you serious? Drivers for a PSU? I have a 1600W PSU and it doesn't require anything, besides connecting the cables.

Ehh why do you need 1600w psu?
How many cards are you using?...

Alextyc1 said:
Ehh why do you need 1600w psu?
How many cards are you using?...
Only 3 cards and a sound card and yes I know its way too much. Its just when I bought this PSU it was on a sale and buying 1200w or 1250w would cost me more than 1600w

Top Bottom