How many weapons do you want to carry?

+
No two weapon limit load out please, that shit is ridiculous. I'm fine with loadouts, but in CP this could mean up to 6 different weapons as I see it, including clubs/knives, small pistols, stun guns, full automatics and explosive devices.
I like ChrisWebb's idea of certain items taking up so many slots for a given concealability rating. So, things like knives / collapsible batons / etc. could be carried either in multiples, or otherwise have several smaller weapons bunched in a particular weapon slot (a switchblade and a collapsible baton in a P concealment slot, for example.)

I hate to quote myself but:

You should be able to carry as many items as you want, but within reason.. A system between Fallout 3 and State of Decay would work best for the rest, too many items or not enough space and you can barely even move anymore.. Carrying too many items at once should manifest physically, exertion should result as dropping in stats and so on...

So basically this:

Sudo realistic (and with style). I like it.

So basicly this:

Sudo realistic (and with style). I like it.

Left like this, it's lacking: fine for deus-exy games since you either play alone or tag along cannon fodder and combat sucks, but for team play, a decent metagame, and the extreme customization devs mentioned you might want inventory restrictions instead of slot ones and small inventories (having extreme customization and allowing anything you want in your inventory kills any metagame coming from the game), so that a defined character progression (you earn X exp/skill point for a particular thing, you carry heavier tools) gets some specialized stuff that is easy to balance along with common and useful universal stuff (think of pistols/ tools/ skills). That way, indirect information goes beyond number and enemy type/class and players can easily come up with a strategy in a short time without bothersome huds and fixes.
Reasons why people shouldn't copy and paste from games/books.
Also having something like weight system (or whatever messing with variables) inevitably leads to questions like "this is lighter than the other one, so why can't i keep it" just because weight is variable and takes time to balance: it lacks consistency, making indirect information unreliable in a way you are never sure how much time it takes to someone going from A to B or what's a good build for this or that character given some skills and whatnot.
Heard dark souls has something like a weight system that ended up being like a set of armour/class system, but i haven't played it. Luckily for the devs behind it, it looks mostly about melee combat and magic.

Why would one class be able to carry more guns than another? That makes no sense.

Many of us want realism though. I already suggested a 'locational' inventory syst for weapons and tools. It's in theain weapons thread.

Dito. Although 1 or 2 guns with a variety of ammunition equals BFC/win!

A gun for battlefield/map control that is as good as a bfg is likely to happen in your average rpg in exchange of time, exploring and/or credits. Some people just like geocaching for 20-30 seconds of wanking

Dito. Although 1 or 2 guns with a variety of ammunition equals BFC/win!

I liked how RAGE used ammo selection. Nice and simple, very effective.

Overall though, I maintain that the inventory system in 2077 should be based on a combination of mass, weight and scale. To take a realistic example I used previously and expand upon it:

- Let's say our character has a nylon-kevlar holdall that is about 24" long, 12" wide, 12" high has an internal volume of about 60 litres and will hold up to 70kg without falling apart.

- You could fill the thing with small light objects without issue.
- You could hold about 5 gold bullion bars (12.4kg standard weight) and you would have loads of space left, but the bag would not hold the weight of more items.
- You would not be able to stash a rifle in there as it is far too short, even though its overall weight and mass would fit in the bag. It's just too long.

Even if we don't get the full combination of all 3 criteria, I could happily live with just mass and weight.

I hate to quote myself but:

You should be able to carry as many items as you want, but within reason.. A system between Fallout 3 and State of Decay would work best for the rest, too many items or not enough space and you can barely even move anymore.. Carrying too many items at once should manifest physically, exertion should result as dropping in stats and so on...

tnx for the quote,i missed ur post.
is exactyly what i mean,plus i dont want just to loot corpse,i want carry them in my trunk,disembowel in my garage and sell them in the black market.
enough with this looting 4213 piece of armor crap!

how about a rifle that morphs into different types of rifles. and you need to buy parts for it to get for instance a better shotgun or sniperand/or better software. its a better more believable solution than carrying 10 different rifles.

how about a rifle that morphs into different types of rifles. and you need to buy parts for it to get for instance a better shotgun or sniperand/or better software. its a better more believable solution than carrying 10 different rifles.

why is a morphgun more believeable than carrying 10 different rifles?

Play "Blacklight: Retribution"

The reason I say this is because your primary weapon is never replaced, but altered with various recievers, barrels, trigger groups, grips, stocks and sights to become anything from a Shotgun or an SMG to a Sniper Rifle or an LGM.

Personally, I don't like the system and its totally unrealistic. Not only do different weapons have totally different structural and design requirements but whoever developed the gun that could be any gun would also corner the market and it would all end up being really bland and dull.

Long live corporate capitalism in Cyberpunk!

Also, isn't this a more suitable post for the WHAT WEAPONS DO YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE GAME? thread than this inventory thread?

that's quake's style of gunplay, where all the weapons from the "hyperspace" inventory are used, just put into a different context.
It suits games with good combat, so it's unlikely to find it into rpgs. Also understand that because of the huge amount of weapons and the extreme customization having the possibility to choose any kind of weapon you want, even if it's just primary and secondary weapons, hinders gameplay on multiple levels. Reasons why weight stuff is retarded and becomes useless once you start working for a good inventory system that is related to a game and not youtube videos.

that's quake's style of gunplay, where all the weapons from the "hyperspace" inventory are used, just put into a different context.
It suits games with good combat, so it's unlikely to find it into rpgs.
Bit off topic but who cares these days?
I know what you mean with good combat here, but I still find combat in many rpgs more enjoyable because you have all the gadgets, mines etc. That gives you more ways to approach situation and in my opinion makes combat better than your simple run & gun.

Bit off topic but who cares these days?
I know what you mean with good combat here, but I still find combat in many rpgs more enjoyable because you have all the gadgets, mines etc. That gives you more ways to approach situation and in my opinion makes combat better than your simple run & gun.

Those gadgest are advantages artificially granted from the game (which actually have a cost not to hinder gameplay too much). Stuff like stealth is what gives you more approaches.
Rpg as a genre doesn't add much to action elements so you just get all kinds of stuff related to action and its subgenres. All kinds of weapons, tools, skills, combat and whatever you want ending up as support.
Regarding approaches, because locational damage makes weapon damage unreliable all weapons end up being lethal weapons thus killing what's in front of you is never a bad idea whether you spawn once or not after dying. Because games built around this kind of hitbox don't have the mental atletichism of quake games, where hitboxes are about binary hit or miss allowing for reliable damage and thus the solidest metagame ever seen in action games, a stealth approach is a good add on to deal with any kind of situation.

Also going the talky way is great as well whenever you feel like.

I would like to see a weapon, or various weapons like this be in the game:

The rifle is quite large, so if they have larger rifles, such as this one; to help save inventory space, maybe the weapons could be taken apart. Or better yet since this game is set in the future, have the weapons fold, or collapse into a smaller, easier-to-carry state. Sort of like the weapons in mass effect. Within reason though. It would be a little ridiculous if someone was walking around with three GEP gun sized weapons. The weapons could be stored in holsters, backpacks, brief cases, ect...

Obviously, smaller arms like the two weapons shown in CP77's preview don't need to fold or collapse.
It would be interesting to see a more immersive inventory system. Rather than having a basic menu with slots, why not make the inventory wherever the player's items a stored, and possibly being able to use it in real time? Similar to quick selecting weapon attachments in the Crysis games. (this is purely an example, and speculation) Say your character is at some food vender, and you need to get your wallet out of your left pocket to pay for the food, rather than going through a menu, the player presses/holds a key/button on their keyboard/gamepad, and items lists pop up next to the character's pockets, showing what's in them. Then you just select the item you want, and the character has an animation of getting that item. Just an idea

I am definitely NOT a fan of weight/volume related restrictions to carry capacity in computer games in general.
While it is realistic it often turns a game into:
1) Inventory Tetris
2) Is loot item "A" more or less valuable per-mass-unit then loot item "B"
Either of which can turn a fun game into pain in the ass.

The simple solution would be to arbitrarily restrict weapon carry capacity to:
Two two-hand weapon (i.e. rifle/rocket launcher) - So you can carry say two rifles (i.e. assault and sniper) or a rifle and a rocket launcher
Two one-hand weapons (i.e. handgun/sword/SMG) - So carry dual handguns or dual swords or one of each
One concealable weapon (i.e. small handgun/knife)

This would give sufficient versatility without totally unrealistic (i.e. an entire armory worth of weaponry) weapons loads.

I am definitely NOT a fan of weight/volume related restrictions to carry capacity in computer games in general.
While it is realistic it often turns a game into:
1) Inventory Tetris
2) Is loot item "A" more or less valuable per-mass-unit then loot item "B"
Either of which can turn a fun game into pain in the ass.

The simple solution would be to arbitrarily restrict weapon carry capacity to:
Two two-hand weapon (i.e. rifle/rocket launcher) - So you can carry say two rifles (i.e. assault and sniper) or a rifle and a rocket launcher
Two one-hand weapons (i.e. handgun/sword/SMG) - So carry dual handguns or dual swords or one of each
One concealable weapon (i.e. small handgun/knife)

This would give sufficient versatility without totally unrealistic (i.e. an entire armory worth of weaponry) weapons loads.

Seconded, i'd also argue allowing all kinds of weapons to anyone still hinders gameplay.

No gun at all, violence is bad :(

On the topic, I think you'll be limited by your CONstitution points to what you'll be able to take in your inventory.

Seconded, i'd also argue allowing all kinds of weapons to anyone still hinders gameplay.

Can someone please quote me so that Schiff can answer my following question:

What gameplay element would access to all weapon types hinder, given that 2077 will a single player rpg and not a multiplayer fps?

Top Bottom