How many witchers are left in the world? (TW3 spoilers}

+
How many witchers are left in the world? (TW3 spoilers}

Wolf school: .Geralt Eskel and Lambert and Ciri
Viper School:Letho

Letho claims that there are 2 other Viper school witchers around somewhere, but it's possible that one of them was the guy who got wrecked in the Witcher 1 outro.

Don't forget Berengar from the Wolf School. He can be alive by the end of Witcher 1 if he survived the boss fight against one of the Salamander's leaders (that fire mage - don't remember his name).

Anyway, there are very few of them...

Don't forget Berengar from the Wolf School. He can be alive by the end of Witcher 1 if he survived the boss fight against one of the Salamander's leaders (that fire mage - don't remember his name).

Anyway, there are very few of them...

He's meant to be dead by the end of the quest, but since his death is not scripted some people manage to finish the fight and keep him alive. He's dead in the canon.

Anyone knows any hawk or bear school witcher that are not the armor and sword sets in the witcher 3?

Well you do meet 7 witchers in 2 games covering what, 2 years and like 1% of the Continent's square mileage.
So statistically speaking even if witchers are near extinct there should be at the very least 10x that number (assuming a 10x higher chance for Geralt of having met them over median).

He's meant to be dead by the end of the quest, but since his death is not scripted some people manage to finish the fight and keep him alive. He's dead in the canon.
If he survives the fight even the jornal entry mentions this, how was he supposed to die? Do you have any evidence that support this? Because i sure don't remember seeing anything about this.

Well you do meet 7 witchers in 2 games covering what, 2 years and like 1% of the Continent's square mileage.
So statistically speaking even if witchers are near extinct there should be at the very least 10x that number (assuming a 10x higher chance for Geralt of having met them over median).

Well, Geralt has been travelling over all the northen kingdoms and met Lambert, Vesemir, Coen, Eskel, Ciri, Berengar, the ones from the witcher sets, Letho, Serrit and Auckes. And thats all in the northen kingdoms after, how long? he is about 90 years old, lets say he started in the path when he was 30, thats 60 years travelling and having met all those. I would say that in all the map we know this far, its about the triple of witchers. Remember that nilfgaard is big, but they hate witchers and even hire witcher hunters so i wouldnt say they are at least 70.

---------- Updated at 02:54 AM ----------

And it is also truth that we dont know everything that happened in that 60 years, but still.

---------- Updated at 02:56 AM ----------

Last edited:
My answer?

"As many as there needs to be."

We encounter another Witcher of the Cat School in the Witcher 3 and we hear about another Witcher killed from Lambert. I get the impression Witchers are DYING but they're far from EXTINCT since every Witcher is immortal.

People also assume Witchers are still around.

Some of them may still even know the secret of Mutation and are practicing it (though, obviously, not at any castle fortress like Kaer Morhen).

I'd say, of every school, there's probably 60-100 left in the North with Kaer Morhen as the only "castle" left.

It's also possible Geralt, Eskel, Lambert, Ciri, Vesemir, the Cat School Guy, and Letho are THE LAST WITCHERS ANYWHERE.

Well, Geralt has been travelling over all the northen kingdoms and met Lambert, Vesemir, Coen, Eskel, Ciri, Berengar, the ones from the witcher sets, Letho, Serrit and Auckes. And thats all in the northen kingdoms after, how long? he is about 90 years old, lets say he started in the path when he was 30, thats 60 years travelling and having met all those. I would say that in all the map we know this far, its about the triple of witchers. Remember that nilfgaard is big, but they hate witchers and even hire witcher hunters so i wouldnt say they are at least 70.

---------- Updated at 02:54 AM ----------

And it is also truth that we dont know everything that happened in that 60 years, but still.

---------- Updated at 02:56 AM ----------

Yes you said, now lets just delete our comments about him, ok? Maybe if he doesnt reads our responses he wont make maths about it.

Agreed but I say Geralt started the path younger then 30 more like 20 remember he was taken to Kear Morhen when he was vary young like a toddler

(...)Lambert, Vesemir, Coen, Eskel, Ciri, Berengar, the ones from the witcher sets, Letho, Serrit and Auckes(...)

That's a shoddy way to make proportions. As you say we do not know everything in the past 60 years ( I would say we know very little past the important stuff).
I don't see absence of explicit mentions in the lore as evidence of their non-existence.
Plus Ciri is not a witcher.

Here's another way to look at it though, if every school is in a similar sorry state as the Wolf, your potential number of witchers left is 15 +/- 3 roughly (assuming there are no other witcher schools, and every school having only one seat).

So Geralt would have been traveling across the continent as a Witcher for about ~80 years (considerend Vasemir says he is almost a century old)

Well, if you ask me how many do i think are left, i would say that there are about 30 in the north. And about 50 in nilfgaard but because they have also been replaced by hunters non witchers. Its obvious that they hate witchers and have sorceress controlled, i would say that nilfgaard's army itself deals with some of these.

Ciri may have not passed any herbs trial but sure she has some good moves wolf style at killing monsters.

Top Bottom