How many witchers are left in the world? (TW3 spoilers}

+
My number is there's not ANY in Nilfgaard.

Letho would have been the first.

And that's why he had to make the deal with Emhyr.

Obviously, we saw how that worked out.

The map isnt that big guys, remember the numbers.

It took five days to Geralt on horse in going from Vizima to the middle of Velen.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...rld_map.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140622213927

Thats about from Vizima to the big T of Temeria. 5 Days, the north starts at cintra's river. Thats about a month going from the cintra's river to Kovir and that little kingdoms. As we know, the most populated city is Novigrad which has 30.000 habitants (books). In all that space, if Novigrad is the biggest city, how much people do you think lives in the North? Armies like Henselt in The Witcher 2 were about 5000 or 7000 men, cant remember now. the other big realms have similar armies. I wouldnt say that there are about 60-100 witchers per school alive, or about 70 minimum. The population is really low.

If there was that amount of witchers, there wouldnt be a single witcher contract, and you can say there are few contracts actually. Because most of the ones who need a witcher dont have it when they needed it or cant afford it or they filled up a sheep with shit so maybe the beast eat the sheep and die.

---------- Updated at 03:32 AM ----------

My number is there's not ANY in Nilfgaard.

Letho would have been the first.

And that's why he had to make the deal with Emhyr.

Obviously, we saw how that worked out.

I wouldnt say any, they are rejected yeah but still they go from here to there Nilfgaard is a little bit more than the double of the northen kingdoms size, remember that., Emhyr hiring Letho seems more casual.

While they should keep the option, I'm inclined to say that Ciri, Lambert, Geralt, and Eskel are the last "active" Witchers in the world with possibly Eskel and Lambert being the only ones at the end of the game.

Letho is retiring.

While they should keep the option, I'm inclined to say that Ciri, Lambert, Geralt, and Eskel are the last "active" Witchers in the world with possibly Eskel and Lambert being the only ones at the end of the game.

Letho is retiring.

They all see so empty. I mean, roaming from a village to another, killing monsters, getting money, and keep moving. Theres no greater gold, they dont expect to ever achieve anything. At least Letho had that Viper School thing, but now Eskel, Letho, they just have no reason to live. Thats a really dark way of life.

They all see so empty. I mean, roaming from a village to another, killing monsters, getting money, and keep moving. Theres no greater gold, they dont expect to ever achieve anything. At least Letho had that Viper School thing, but now Eskel, Letho, they just have no reason to live. Thats a really dark way of life.

Actually, that's kind of the "point" I think a lot of people missed with Lambert's ending with Keira.

Keira becomes an internatinally famous Healer and one of the great heroines of the age while Lambert is her lover and bodyguard.

They're the new Yennefer and Geralt.

Geralt and his lover can retire now because there's someone to take their place as the world's biggest heroesTM.

The map isnt that big guys, remember the numbers.

It took five days to Geralt on horse in going from Vizima to the middle of Velen.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...rld_map.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140622213927

Thats about from Vizima to the big T of Temeria. 5 Days, the north starts at cintra's river. Thats about a month going from the cintra's river to Kovir and that little kingdoms. As we know, the most populated city is Novigrad which has 30.000 habitants (books). In all that space, if Novigrad is the biggest city, how much people do you think lives in the North? Armies like Henselt in The Witcher 2 were about 5000 or 7000 men, cant remember now. the other big realms have similar armies. I wouldnt say that there are about 60-100 witchers per school alive, or about 70 minimum. The population is really low.

If there was that amount of witchers, there wouldnt be a single witcher contract, and you can say there are few contracts actually. Because most of the ones who need a witcher dont have it when they needed it or cant afford it or they filled up a sheep with shit so maybe the beast eat the sheep and die.
CUT.

The map is quite big actually. Using your figures for 5 days ride from Vizima to central Velen, the Northern territories from the Yaruga to the uppermost northern mountains, from the Blue Mountains to the Ocean is roughly 1500 miles x 1500 miles, that's over 2 million sqm.
Roughly equivalent to Western Europe. And that is ignoring Nilfgaard which appears to be double that.

At the battle of Brenna the North could field 23,000 armed men (vs Nilfgaard's 46k), but then again army size is meaningless without knowing how they are recruited and so on.
30,000 inhabitans for a medieval city is respectable.. but then again we do not know much about urbanisation in the witcher world.
By itself is not indicative of much.

Actually, that's kind of the "point" I think a lot of people missed with Lambert's ending with Keira.

Keira becomes an internatinally famous Healer and one of the great heroines of the age while Lambert is her lover and bodyguard.

They're the new Yennefer and Geralt.

Geralt and his lover can retire now because there's someone to take their place as the world's biggest heroesTM.

Shit, HOW DID I NOT NOTICE. The witcher 4 is about Lambert and Keira. Shit. It was right in my face, Lambert was the second witcher with more dialogues, more missions, most interesting with all that hate on Vesemir, the witcher that was killed...

Where did you learn that whole thing about Lambert and Keira, their future i mean, was it mentionated in the witcher books? The one that follows the tale of the witcher from the future?

Damn its so fcking sad to know that the white wolf work is over, so motherfcking sad, after like 10 books and three games, shit. So sad to say goodbye to that, i wish it never ended but then it would become another Assassins Creed crap money maker.

Last edited:
Shit, HOW DID I NOT NOTICE. The witcher 4 is about Lambert and Keira. Shit. It was right in my face, Lambert was the second witcher with more dialogues, more missions, most interesting with all that hate on Vesemir, the witcher that was killed...

Where did you learn that whole thing about Lambert and Keira, their future i mean, was it mentionated in the witcher books? The one that follows the tale of the witcher from the future?

Damn its so fcking sad to know that the white wolf work is over, so motherfcking sad, after like 10 books and three games, shit. So sad to say goodbye to that, i wish it never ended but then it would become another Assassins Creed crap money maker.

When you talk to Triss in Norvigad after Kaer Mohen's battle she mention about Lambert and Keira: She cure the plague (don't remember it name) with the information from the note in The Tower Full Of Mice quest, and Lambert accompany her

With the last phase, you are joking right :p

Shit, HOW DID I NOT NOTICE. The witcher 4 is about Lambert and Keira. Shit. It was right in my face, Lambert was the second witcher with more dialogues, more missions, most interesting with all that hate on Vesemir, the witcher that was killed... .

Alas, Keira can end up dead so that's not happening. :(

You can talk to Keira about her and Lambert in some dialogue that's available post game if you go to her Alchemy shop. Likewise, her curing the plague with Lambert at her side is her "best" ending.

When you talk to Triss in Norvigad after Kaer Mohen's battle she mention about Lambert and Keira: She cure the plague (don't remember it name) with the information from the note in The Tower Full Of Mice quest, and Lambert accompany her

With the last phase, you are joking right :p

Woops. I didnt trust her and when she told me that i knew how girls think i had two options, accept the kind words or ask her for the notes. Didnt trust her, i didnt know she was just a healer, a non violence hippie.

What las phrase? The one abot assassins creed ? No dude, that saga should have enden some time ago, it should have been;

Assassins Creed 1 in the Crusades
2 in Italy with Ezio
3 in the pirate thing with Edward Kenway. That one really got me, nice story and the american revolution all that shit with his father also.
4 in the japanese Meiji revolution.
5. in the 2 WW
6. END AS COOL AS YOU CAN.

And then if you want, you make NON ARGUMENTAL Assassins creed just playing randomly or some kind of Abstergo patient that gives a little bit information about all the argumental thing but its not really important.

Last edited:

You can talk to Keira about her and Lambert in some dialogue that's available post game if you go to her Alchemy shop. Likewise, her curing the plague with Lambert at her side is her "best" ending.

Funny the only way to get this dialogue is after Vesemir's funeral, fast travel to Kaer Mohen and Keira stand at the exactly same spot before. You can buy alchemy and talk to her at this time ..... Damn bug :(

Or this is a hint of new DLC, with Keira and Lambert in it :p

Woops. I didnt trust her and when she told me that i knew how girls think i had two options, accept the kind words or ask her for the notes. Didnt trust her, i didnt know she was just a healer, a non violence hippie.

What las phrase? The one abot assassins creed ? No dude, that saga should have enden some time ago, it should have been;

Assassins Creed 1 in the Crusades
2 in Italy with Ezio
3 in the pirate thing with Edward Kenway. That one really got me, nice story and the american revolution all that shit with his father also.
4 in the japanese Meiji revolution.
5. in the 2 WW
6. END AS COOL AS YOU CAN.

And then if you want, you make NON ARGUMENTAL Assassins creed just playing randomly or some kind of Abstergo patient that gives a little bit information about all the argumental thing but its not really important.

Actually i don't care much about the experiment, i just want to warn her go to Radovid isn't the good idea. If she want just talk and i will help her retrieve the note :D

No, look like i misunderstood your last paragraph, sorry my English ... And yes, assassin creed should have end long ago ;)

Last edited:

True, missed that one. Then i dont know the hell is going to happen. But whatever happens, wont be the same. It fcking wont be the same. The Witcher 3 was too damn short to me. 200h was too damn short. Just the mainquest going Velen, Novigrad, Skelliga, Battle here, Battle there. End. I dont know, i expected a little bit more.

Keira is kind of hilarious since everything has prepared Geralt for sorceresses to be devious, dangerous, and at least mostly evil. It turns out...Keira really is just a Girly Girl Disney Princess Well-Intentioned Healer.

And Lambert really-really wanted to be Geralt.

NOW HE CAN BE!

Funny the only way to get this dialogue is after Vesemir's funeral, fast travel to Kaer Mohen and Keira stand at the exactly same spot before. You can buy alchemy and talk to her at this time ..... Damn bug :(

Because MAGIC. Duh xD

---------- Updated at 04:29 AM ----------

Keira is kind of hilarious since everything has prepared Geralt for sorceresses to be devious, dangerous, and at least mostly evil. It turns out...Keira really is just a Girly Girl Disney Princess Well-Intentioned Healer.

I really really liked her. But my love is Triss. but she was so, i dont know, her voice was really awesome, it kinda put me on that kind of voice. Even the one who does her voice put me on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIP2bv4vjIE
Get that on 1:04

---------- Updated at 04:33 AM ----------

Actually i don't care much about the experiment, i just want to warn her go to Radovid isn't the good idea. If she want just talk and i will help her retrieve the note :D

No, look like i misunderstood your last paragraph, sorry my English ... And yes, assassin creed should have end long ago ;)

I read my comment on your quote on me. Just realized how many gramathical fails i had, its too damn late to be waken up. Bye, if i cant even write and im not drunk, i need to sleep.

---------- Updated at 02:14 PM ----------

TW3 ENDING SPOILERS

I just though that maybe The Witcher 4 will be about Ciri in the White Frost thing, thats the only thing that we dont know, its a big hole, she can travel through time so CDProjekt is not in a hurry, and it happens in all the witcher endings.

Depending on your choices, Ciri can become a new type of Witcher. One who grew up and trained as a Witcher but has not undergone the mutations. She doesn't need them because of her magical abilities. Perhaps she will start a new school that trains people gifted in magic in the ways of the old Witchers to be the new monster hunters. I always thought she was extremely bad ass. The best of both worlds, extreme magic and Witcher skills.

Depending on your choices, Ciri can become a new type of Witcher. One who grew up and trained as a Witcher but has not undergone the mutations. She doesn't need them because of her magical abilities. Perhaps she will start a new school that trains people gifted in magic in the ways of the old Witchers to be the new monster hunters. I always thought she was extremely bad ass. The best of both worlds, extreme magic and Witcher skills.

It's been a while since I read the books but I remember that - even though she never underwent the mutations - Ciri did consume the special herbs and mushrooms that aid development. But I think anyone can take those and still be a normal human.

It's been a while since I read the books but I remember that - even though she never underwent the mutations - Ciri did consume the special herbs and mushrooms that aid development. But I think anyone can take those and still be a normal human.

Eh, Ciri isn't a Witcher because she's a mutant but because the Witchers consider her powers to be enough that she can be one without the mutations. They've been searching for centuries for someone like her because they hate the Trials.

There's also Brehen aka "Cat of Iello" and witcher of the Cat School, who wanted to start a fight with Geralt in Season of Storm, but quickly backed down and left.

I have a question that's on a related note. Does each school only have one training location? For example, is Kaer Morhen the only place Witchers of the school of the Wolf were trained or were there other locations? I've never read the books and I can't remember it ever being explained in any of the games and the Wiki is massively out of date and in dire need of some attention. If there were other training locations for each school its entirely possible there are far more Witchers than we know about.

Top Bottom