How many would like a "random" mode? (Similar to the old arena)

+

Do you feel need for a new modality?

• Total voters
In many discussions it has been written that programmers will never reintroduce the old arena :cry:.
But many complain about the lack of that mode because it was the only one that did not require the planning and management of "proven" strategies.
Yes, there are some fairly random seasonal modes, but there are only a couple of them and they are sporadic.
I would like to understand how many like a purely casual and unique way of creating the deck
I think it would be fun to have a completely random deck building mode where you can take on any opponent without NEVER knowing what you're up against in the 3 rounds of the match.
The draft does it in part but the mechanics of the packages make the mode linked to already known strategies and allows only a minimal part of interactions with cards from different decks.

Current modes are perfectly fine, as far as I'm concerned. It is high time to accept that Arena is never coming back.

I am unlikely to play much in this mode regardless of its form. I would rather see priorities elsewhere such as balancing cards, developing new content, improving AI in training mode, developing a single player mode, writing stories for Journey, improving communication with players (especially through the forums), better testing new cards and expansions, etc.

Current modes are perfectly fine, as far as I'm concerned. It is high time to accept that Arena is never coming back.
This total closure is something that bothers me.
You wrote it several times.
I also wrote it in the first post.
We have the mode to climb the leaderboard where I need strategies and synergies between the cards, there is the draft mode that takes the concept of strategy and synergy to even more doped levels, there is the season that changes every week. .. there is no way to play without having to adapt to the current meta. The game has repetitive mechanics with these modes.
We ask for a random mode, which does not give the possibility to see 2 identical matches. For me it would be fun. Instead now, after each update, you always face a handful of nearly identical decks.

DC9V

Forum veteran
The current Draft mode is great!

It's a nice contrast to repetitive meta decks.

Suggestion: In order to make the Draft mode feel more competitive, I would like to see casual MMR implemented, which resets on a monthly basis. The best performing "Draft deck of the month" could then be available to all players for a couple of days at the beginning of the new month, and for a limited amount of matches. e.g. for three days and 7 matches.

The current Draft mode is great!

It's a nice contrast to repetitive meta decks.

Suggestion: In order to make the Draft mode feel more competitive, I would like to see casual MMR implemented, which resets on a monthly basis. The best performing "Draft deck of the month" could then be available to all players for a couple of days at the beginning of the new month, and for a limited amount of matches. e.g. for three days and 7 matches.
That's strange; the reason I don't play Draft is because it IS meta v meta. Everybody chooses the same few packages with no creativity. Arena forced you to know every card and find cards that synergized. Every match was different.

Top Bottom