How much content is there left for me?

+
How much content is there left for me?

About one year ago, I got thru the swamps and to the great city, and did all of that, I think.
So would you say I was half way thru content?

I have to start over, I don't have any saves.

In terms of both the main quest and overall content, you've actually only scratched the surface. Still heaps and heaps of content for you to get through. It's all quality though so take your time and savor it! :)

Agree with Tangsta - you're not even close to being halfway through the game :) But that's a good thing, actually, since there's a lot for you to discover and to explore. Enjoy :)

If you already did everything in Velen and Novigrad (not sure from the OP if you just arrived there, or already completed that branch of the story and the side quests as well), then you are actually not too far from half of the story, let's say it is between 40-50% if we only count the main quests, or 25% if you are only beginning the Novigrad quest line. Of course, it also depends on when you do the major secondary quests.

Since he's referring to the swamp: To me that sounds as if he's done the Bloody Baron quest and everything attached to that, than moved on to Novigrad.

On my second playthrough now in NG+ and one thing I want to point out is even for someone who took their time the first time, Velen and Novigrad (and it's surrounding areas) are enormous, so it's very easy to miss entire areas, quest chains, secrets, all kinds of things so there's tons of optional content well beyond just the main quest.

In terms of size, you have the Skellige isles which the map is probably the size of Velen's though there is a lot more water it certainly doesn't feel smaller by any means with 1 major central island, 5 surrounding isles that are quite large in their own right with tons of content, and dozens and dozens of smaller islands, many of which worth exploring. There's also Kaer Morhen and it's surroundings which are probably on par with the prologue area White Orchard.

If you get the DLC (which if you like this game at all you really should), the first one Hearts of Stone adds a lot more area to the north-east parts of the map and fleshes that region out quite well. Blood and Wine gives you a whole new region to explore, Toussaint which is probably the size of the main island in Skellige, quite big in itself (though more densely packed with points of interest).

Story-wise if you just completed the Novigrad quests, you have to realize that the main quest is in 3 acts, and you will go all through Velen, Novigrad, and Skellige in act 1, so you still have 2 story acts to go through (the pacing is not equal, the second two acts are shorter than the first but carry just as much story-weight). Then you weigh in the Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine content, each one is a story-act unto itself and you're looking at being 2/3rds of the way through Act 1 of a 5 Act game.

Roll in all the side quests, witcher contracts, exploration, crafting, not to mention being able to replay the game and make different choices that have different impacts on the story and try New Game +.... you've barely begun getting into The Witcher 3, it's certainly worth it!

Personal Experience: I've got 233 hours logged into the game, am on my second playthrough and haven't even done either DLC expansion yet other than a cursory exploration.

Last edited:
Top Bottom