How much do you think CP77 will cost to develope?

+
The Hytale video was apparently served as an advertisement, that does inflate the number of views. Although the Cyberpunk demo still has more likes and comments. Nevertheless, Minecraft is very popular, so it is not that surprising if there is interest in a game like this.

I like that the Polish state is willing to fund ambitious projects like this, they know the benefit it will have on the Polish economy if CDPR is mega successful.

I don't really think so. there's a shitload of people on steam with low-end pc (or laptops) who mainly play CS:GO, dota2, lol and several f2p. Last time I checked, a couple of years ago, i3 was the most used CPU and for GPU something not that better than consoles'. There was a good percentage using 970-like GPU, but far from being the majority.

Go and check yourself on steam, but there are not too many people willing to spend 1000+$ to play videogames.

EDIT: https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/ around 5% uses the 1070. The "master race" bullshit has always been a toxic argument from frustrated kids. Real gamers play wherever they want without annoying anyone.

And yes, we know, PCs can be much more powerful than consoles if you spend enough, in particular for CPUs.
"Master race" is a bit of a strawman intended to paint all enthusiast PC gamers with a negative brush. The people who refer to themselves that way unironically are a ridiculously small (And not even all that vocal, if you hang out in good PC communities) minority.

Hytale looks like a great game. Been following it for a while. As other have said, there are many reasons for the difference in views. Hytale will probably attract a bigger community, but I doubt it will make as much money as 2077 (or maybe it will - what do I know?).

As for how much 2077 will cost to make... No clue. Hundreds of millions, probably.

CD Projekt has an annual financial overview. you can see what they spend and earn. (W3 is still making money but Gwent is the main income now)

but my estimation is 1.5B (1.500.000.000) revenue and the total cost is 0.8B (800.000.000)
so.. they have 0.7B to start on new projects (some of them will never see daylight.. others will fail before beta.. and yet others will become the next gem)

CD Projekt has an annual financial overview. you can see what they spend and earn. (W3 is still making money but Gwent is the main income now)

but my estimation is 1.5B (1.500.000.000) revenue and the total cost is 0.8B (800.000.000)
so.. they have 0.7B to start on new projects (some of them will never see daylight.. others will fail before beta.. and yet others will become the next gem)
As far as I know, GTA V is the most expensive game developed to date with something around $270m, made by a studio way bigger than CDPR. They can't afford making a game that costs nearly 3 times as much...
Just as a point of reference, CDPR reached a revenue about $212m in 2015, the year W3 (which cost ~$80m until release) was released.

I would guess the total number to be somewhere around $160-180m. Not sure if they would spend more than $200m.

As far as I know, GTA V is the most expensive game developed to date with something around $270m, made by a studio way bigger than CDPR. They can't afford making a game that costs nearly 3 times as much...
Just as a point of reference, CDPR reached a revenue about $212m in 2015, the year W3 (which cost ~$80m until release) was released.

I would guess the total number to be somewhere around $160-180m. Not sure if they would spend more than $200m.

you can be right :)
but the CP 2077 is bigger and newer and more ground breaking then GTA V (and they used a lot of GTA 3 and 4 for V)

soo inflation, better devs (same as Witcher but more exp), longer production time, own engine.. i think they will beat that 270m with ease.

but.... we just have to wait for 2020 to get the numbers on 2019 :)

Top Bottom