How much does the appearance of Johnny Silverhand affect the Cyberpunk 2077 story?

+
I am glad to have waited for the patches to allow for Alternative Appearance Johnny Silverhand to be my initial experience.

It is such a wonder how something so small makes a profound world of difference in the overall impact of the gameplay story experience.

Yes... I did just look up the original design of Johnny Silverhand. I was very surprised!

Seems like you kind of answered your question.... ;) I mean the appearance has zero impact on the story/outcome. However, as you pointed out, it can have a huge impact on how you enjoy the game and story... :)

"HOW MUCH DOES THE APPEARANCE OF JOHNNY SILVERHAND AFFECT THE CYBERPUNK 2077 STORY?"

It completely ruins it from beginning to end. Every time that despicable gonk appears on my screen, I wished I could shoot him. Even AMM swaps don't work on the nauseating glitch.

I think he added a good element to the story. At first, y'all hate each other because, well, Johnny went from being in a soul prison, to some gonk's head and that would piss off anyone really. But you do see, that as the game progresses, Johnny starts to change. He's observing how V deals with things, how he interacts with others, helps them, and starts to self-reflect on his own actions. He goes from not giving a crap about V, to wanting to help him/her and give them their body back. That's why later on, he wants you to help him make amends with Rogue and Kerry. He realizes that these two were the closest thing he had to friends and he treated them both like utter shit, using them both and throwing them away like they were nothing. I think, without Johnny being in the game, it would have been quite boring. I mean, yea, there could have been some other ghost buddy they could have used, but it wouldn't have been as impactful.

I've yet to try alternative model for Johnny Silver hand in the game but I remember Silver hand being a platinum blonde in the original Cyberpunk 2020 game's manual.
That being said the original model in the game and Keanu Reve's portrayal of him wasn't bad... though it did come off as a bit "pink"...

Seems like I’m the only one that thinks the OP is talking about the updated visual appearance & not the fact the Silverhand is intertwined in the story. 🤷‍♂️ dunno
It's possible I misread their point. The alternative look is cool. I like the outfit. The hair...prefer his long hair.

Top Bottom