How much humor should there be in CP2077

+

How much humor should there be in CP2077

• Fallout 1 & 2 level. Humor is paramount and the game does not take itself seriously.

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Duke Nukem 3d level. Humor mix in seemlessly with the game.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • FO3 level. Dark mood is predominant. Some tongue in cheek humor.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I'm a sedated wombat and thus completely inoffensive

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Humor but only /w realistic fleshed out characters in mind.

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • None! Whatsoever! This a serious game man!

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Wombatz 4 the winz

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Honestly, the game should be well balanced with seriousness and humor. Since it is a cyberpunk it should definitely lean more toward seriousness factor like in most cyerpunk media. I think about the witcher level is about right for the humor and I do like dark humor like in fallout 1/2.

i think the red already did it very well in tw2 and 3, some parts, when exploring or investigating, it's interesting, when talking to certain funny npc's it's a funny situation, or doing some specific quests, there must be variety, and the game must be pleasant to play
i'm sure the devs have ven better ideas than us,
humor depends on npc's, situation and part of the city you are in

In titles like Final Fantasy, Fallou 1 & 2, Monkey Island, , Redneck Rampage, Grim Fandango, even Doom 1 & 2

Don't compare Fallout 1 (or even 2 dare I say) in terms of humor with Redneck Rampage, Duke Nukem or Doom. Fallout's humor is another kind of animal all together which is very hard to capture.

Fallout 1 had a great tongue-in-cheek vibe all through it, but it was pretty low-key and rarely if ever there just for the sake of being funny.
FO1 is not a serious and humorless game, its humor just meshes better with the more serious atmosphere.

There was plenty of humour in Witcher 3 because I think humour is simply in the writers nature.

Geralt: You do realise Dandelion doesn't have a sister, don't you?

Molly: sure he does, saw her with me own eyes... Funny though, she don't look much like him. Maybe they've different fathers?

Geralt: Mhm. Different mothers, too.

Molly: Maybe...

Hahahaha. I laughed out loud at that.

There's another conversation with Djikstra, discussing Dandelion's whereabouts. I can't remember it word for word but it's something like this:

Geralt: Have *you* seen Dandelion?

Djikstra: Nope. I think it's time you accepted the fact he's probably at the bottom of the ocean, tied up by the strings of his own mandolin.

*Short silence*

Geralt: Lute.

Lol.

You'll probably get this kind of humour in Cyberpunk 2077 too because the writers are good. The humour is pretty smart. It reminds me of the sort of humour in the first two Broken Sword games (two of my favourite games of all time).

Last edited:
I like that kind of humor :D

I'm pretty sure that no one wants to see actual jokes to be told. Well... Maybe REDs can make even that work, but I would definitely like to see this kind of humor than what @Jimbo7ron posted.

Grim smiles all 'round. Belly laughs should be prohibited or extremely rare, but humour should be included at some grim level.

Humor is an human trait, I expect it to be there in the game, people will make fun of you, or whatever, mostly in a shitty place like Night City, a good laugh is one of the few free thing you still can get.
Anyway I'm not very worried about it, Cyberpunk 2077 won't be a sitcom, unless guys at CDPR started replacing water by alcohol.
The "I don't take myself seriously" as a game can work for an over the top universe like Fallout, it wouldn't fit Cyberpunk.
Just like if Decker would be all "Dick out for the replicants" at the end of Blade Runner... Kinda anticlimatic.
I'd rather have some "cool attitude", just like in good Scifi flicks, like in Aliens movie or Robocop, people being people, some had a good day, some a shitty one.

Last edited:
Great example was Ciri snow fight or crossdressing...great way to unwind the characters, I'd like to see more of the same, after some "heavy" scenarios. CDPR could tone down easter eggs a bit, though...good humor is spontaneous and always feels natural. ( I didn't like ME Citadel for that reason).

Poet_and_Gentleman.598;n1653912 said:
Are you kidding?

GTA humor * is like that horrible movie where Steve Martin dressed up like Snoop Dogg. Absolutly nothing subtle about it. It's like a comedian that does nothing but inside jokes that panders to gangster wannabes.

EDIT: *After Vice city.

The whole point of the GTA franchise is to make fun of american culture. If you didn't realise that by now then *facepalm* GTAV made a great effort to make fun of conspiracy theorists & celebrities. Plus Its made in Scotland.

Last edited:
BoboTheMighty;n3267523 said:
Great example was Ciri snow fight or crossdressing...great way to unwind the characters, I'd like to see more of the same, after some "heavy" scenarios. CDPR could tone down easter eggs a bit, though...good humor is spontaneous and always feels natural. ( I didn't like ME Citadel for that reason).
I thought W3's humor was fine.
For those that think Cyberpunk is to "dark" for humor ... talk to any firefighter, EMT, or combat vet ... a certain amount of (usually dark) humor helps keep you sane.

Suhiira;n8253530 said:
I thought W3's humor was fine.

I can't remember a single instance of comic relief (darker nor lighter) that wasn't janky and/or forced like that big-eyed purple kid in the swamp (whose name escapes me) talking about poop. Perhaps there were some, there must've been, but I honestly can't remember any good humor there.

The very opening scene. You're going to tell me a sorceress isn't going to occasionally pull a prank on someone ... especially someone like Geralt who isn't going to start yelling "Burn the Witch"?
They are human ... OK ... some more so then others ... but still human. EVERYONE plays a prank on occasion.

kofeiiniturpa;n8253990 said:
I can't remember a single instance of comic relief (darker nor lighter) that wasn't janky and/or forced like that big-eyed purple kid in the swamp (whose name escapes me) talking about poop. Perhaps there were some, there must've been, but I honestly can't remember any good humor there.

Nah, they did an excellent job...much better than in most rpg's where they break characters or turn them into cheap parodies( Morte's "jokes", Fallout II president, Bloodlines, etc). Whole wedding in HoS was incredible.
Only thing I'd tone down is easter eggs, especially concerning other games.

Don't know about "excellent job" (what I remember of it wasn't particularly good or funny), but it sure wasn't excessive. That's a plus.

Top Bottom