How much money should V have?

+
At the beginning of the game the money should depend on your starting location.
For me it will be no money at all, since you will start outside the city, or on a very poor street depending on your backstory. And you need to work to make enough so you can buy the apartment, if you don't get said apartment from a story mission.

But if the game puts you right in the city and having an apartment already then you should start with a few eddies so you can afford a few basic vendor stuff.

I Think V should be broke as F at the start, Weapons and body mods are probably going too drain you in the first half of the Game, after that it all should depend on the reputation you have build and the choices you have made, I also hope the barter system from the Witcher is gonna make a return, haggling a few more eddy’s for a mundane job.

Yes, I also think that things should be tough in the beginning for V. However, I doubt the game will be long enough to give a feeling of a rewarding progression. I suspect V will be speeding toward decent money.

In GTA online, the character starts with nothing and the lowest point is basically robbing the cash register at a gas station. My character in GTAO currently dabbles in millions, has criminal businesses in drugs, gun trafficking, counterfeit cash, bank robberies, whatnot; maintains legitimate firm office in the tallest skyscraper in the city, has supercars, airplanes, etc, even a James Bond villain-lair.
Thats a successful "get rich or die trying" concept imo.

From a meta perspective, V should start off with little to no currency, otherwise there is no real incentive to explore the game world looking for work.

That being said, I think there should be more than one way to make money in the game. I always enjoy card gambling minigames like Pazzak from KOTOR and Texas Hold'em Poker from RDR2.

Top Bottom