How much money should V have?

+
Money in RPG is never big deal, since most of thing you loot, steal or get as reward, best equipment should have epic quest for it, money in the end is only to help you upgrade your equipmant, and since you never upgread equipmant that is not top quality, you are more or less fine.

Unfortunately not enough to buy a big cat or swanky apartment (or the usual, have enough zeros but have nothing to spend it on).

No 3 way Cyber-Leopard King role play with Joe Erotic and Johnny Silverhand

Around 300euro$ if you start as corporate. That should be enough to buy yourself a pistol with several magazines/basic fingerclaws or simple datajack for matrix runs and start first simple streetcred jobs.
1586967386830.png

Within about a week of release, V will have as much starting money as you wish. That will be one of the first things to get modded, even without any mod tools.

After watching a 'reaction video' to the older roughly 50 minute long gameplay demo, a good scene came to mind again. Of course any or all of this could be long outdated by the time of release but in the demo itself we see a few pointers:

1) how much certain augmentations cost based on values on the Ripperdoc screen
2) that the Spider Bot, an experimental high-tech piece of military equipment is apparently worth some value about 50.000 €$

It should be vital to note that the gameplay demo is still relatively at the start of the game in comparison to the overall plot as you try to get some reputation and money through jobs before you move onto the "big chip" and among the options is to keep the money on the chip for a more hostile entry in the particular quest. So, assuming that if you decide to try to keep it and could've used the money it seems you can already have some value around several tens of thousands €$ at the beginning of the game.

Sounds like much and likely is much. While these values might be outdated or not, I think that information is something to work with in determining what rough €$ values and rewards we might see or have established. So a character eventually having 100.000 plus credits - or several hundreds of thousands if not a million - based on old information would be something one can expect.

If those values remain consistent for the end product, V could end up as millionaire, especially if you don't have to expect constant fixed costs and usually rather gain money than you spend, but that's speculation at this point.

If those values remain consistent for the end product, V could end up as millionaire, especially if you don't have to expect constant fixed costs and usually rather gain money than you spend, but that's speculation at this point.

Well, if equipment are expensive, V should be rich easely, and if equipement are unexpensive then V should be very well equipped very fast.

Shouldn't start with much at all if anything. and I say this for a number of reasons not all of them strictly game-specific related.

1. We are just starting out really just living paycheck to paycheck as things stand where the game is to start with little to no cybernetics. So it wouldn't make sense for us to have some large nest egg hidden away for no apparent reason.

2.It would encourage mistakes that be so bad it would cause people to have to restart or just give up early in-game. For example, first time go to ripper doc if they have a lot of extra cash could spend it all on a more expensive implant that doesn't suit their playstyle being under the assumption that it's more expensive must be better. and wind up with an arm that makes mele combat amazing but they prefer more of a sniper playstyle and not have enough for the eye implant that maybe will highlight enemy weak spots that were third cheaper. Having the barely getting by and having to watch what you spend on at first can suck but it also forces you to be cautious and take time to read descriptions on items first and learn what you want/dont want prior to buying.

3. It would cause people to skip several early missions that where not required more often as they not need the money as badly

Money in RPG is never big deal, since most of thing you loot, steal or get as reward, best equipment should have epic quest for it, money in the end is only to help you upgrade your equipmant, and since you never upgread equipmant that is not top quality, you are more or less fine.

I for one want the money to move in meaningful chunks, instead of V selling hundred different kinds of vendor garbage like in witcher 3. I REALLY hope they cut down the amount of vendor trash.

I for one want the money to move in meaningful chunks, instead of V selling hundred different kinds of vendor garbage like in witcher 3. I REALLY hope they cut down the amount of vendor trash.

This.

I'm not a fan of lots of vendor trash in RPGs because it also usually means suspending disbelief as your character hauls 15 swords and 12 shields to the nearest vendor. Not to mention oddities like killing a lion that drops money or a potion.

I agree and given the role we are to play as freelancer merc dont see why the majority of the money we make isnt from missions. Both side missions and main. With vendor sold stuff making up a relatively small portion of income all together.

This.

I'm not a fan of lots of vendor trash in RPGs because it also usually means suspending disbelief as your character hauls 15 swords and 12 shields to the nearest vendor. Not to mention oddities like killing a lion that drops money or a potion.

Well, 15 swords and 12 shield shouldn't be trash to begins with and should make you quite a lot of money, that's where the suspending disbelief begins as far as I'm concerned.

I agree and given the role we are to play as freelancer merc dont see why the majority of the money we make isnt from missions. Both side missions and main.

You mean "wouldn't be"? Double negative and all that...

ps. The main issue with "vendor trash" is suspending the disbelief that you are carrying all of that in your pockets.

Once again, RDR2 goes at least a little bit in the right direction, by forcing you to stock the animal corpses you hunt on your horse, before you carry them to your camp or a butcher. To increase the amount you can move at the same time, you can buy a wagon.

Regarding guns, you are able to swap your weapon with a weapon lying on the ground but you cannot "pick them up" to be sold as such. RDR2 does not create a perfectly realistic inventory, but it does make an effort.

But what prevents you to do many round trip to your car when you have cleaned the zone?

The whole concept of vendor trash is an aged relic in my opinion. I don't think the game should even give you the option to pick that stuff up. This is UI design. If an option exists, it should exist for a reason, otherwise it is misleading and bad design. Since there is no good reason for it to exist, the option shouldn't be there.
I don't want to be a character that collects tin cans off the street to return to recycling for an insignificant sum of money. I want to be a bad-ass solo.

The only exception in CP2077 that I can imagine is the techie background, which might necessitate you to harvest some parts or cyber off bodies and wrecks to build your own stuff out of. But that should be treated carefully so as not to go too far in the real of vendor trash.

The only exception in CP2077 that I can imagine is the techie background, which might necessitate you to harvest some parts or cyber off bodies and wrecks to build your own stuff out of. But that should be treated carefully so as not to go too far in the real of vendor trash.

Don't forget weapons.
Weapons aren't cheap, nor magically becomes less desirable when V gets them.
And as far as I know there is no real weapon regulation in Night City, so nothing prevents you from selling them.
Actually I remember opponents gear being a good part of the money in non "timed" mission in my old tabletop C2020 games.

Top Bottom