How much money should V have?

+
Flooding your character with useless vendor trash loot is an outdated mechanic not just because it stretches plausibility past the breaking point when your character is lugging around an entire armory on their back, but because it serves no real gameplay purpose. If the purpose of vendor trash is just to give the player a reasonable amount of money to spend on improvements after hitting a merchant, why not just cut the inventory clutter, and have NPCs carry more money? Or have gear drop more sparingly but with a higher change of being useful.
I honestly dont see vendor trash being an issue in Cyberpunk as in the gameplay videos thus far really only loot we really saw was maybe a gun or two. so i think most of what we will see as loot is ammo of one kind or another

I honestly dont see vendor trash being an issue in Cyberpunk as in the gameplay videos thus far really only loot we really saw was maybe a gun or two. so i think most of what we will see as loot is ammo of one kind or another

Yea we honestly don't know how much vendor trash will be present in CP2077. I trust everything will be fine.

This discussion is more to make devs realize the issue. After all, Witcher 3 was full of vendor trash..

I was thinking about when I played the beginning of TW3 and how incredibly poor Geralt was for a while. It left me questioning a lot. Isn't Geralt a Witcher that does a lot of work? A Witcher that demands money for the jobs he does? Hasn't he been doing jobs for a while now before I started playing the game? Why is he so poor that he can't even buy an apple? Does he actually suck as a Witcher? Did Vesemir take all of his money? "Geralt, we know you will just buy cards if I let you have control over the money...."

I also found myself pondering why Geralt would be so insanely rich by the end of the game when essentially, he has done nothing different since before I started playing the game.

Chicken leg cost 10-15 crowns. Add water, ale, tea, 1-5 crowns. Average meal cost 15-20 crowns. Let's say Geralt averages 1 meal a day.

Geralt sleeps in a lot of Inns. Assume he only sleeps at Inn's 75 nights out of the 360 day year.

Let's assume average cost of a room is 10 crowns.

Not including horse feed, maintence, grooming, miscellaneous (baths, haircuts, tinkering of weapons or armor, restocking bolts or potions, etc) Geralt's cost of living is at the very least 6,750 crowns per year. And that is being very generous. It likely exceeds 10k if your Geralt is anything like the Geralt I played, he likes the finer things in life, beds, sheets, company of women, and the best booze florens can buy.

The Geralt I know likes to party. :smart:

ajje

Forum regular
As long as the game is playable offline, I don't really care. If resource grinding, which happens to be a mechanic I absolutely hate, turns out to be a factor that distracts from the overall experience, I'll just "edit the game" to give me the amount I need, in order to skip that specific game mechanic entirely. Will allow me to enjoy the other positive aspects.

But if it turns out that cdpr balances and weaves money into the game, story and the overall experience in a positive way, I'll just try to enjoy the full experience they'll release.

Life is too short to waste on bad [design] decisions made by others, but wonderful when leading to something you personally enjoy.

Not sure what you can do with the money though. Would the best weapon be found in store or on a boss?

We've been told that you cant buy apartments. Thats the thing i'm most disappointed about. Forget all the 3rd pp / FPS nonsense, other little UI niggles or whether or not you can do a lightning bolt spell. They all pale to the fact that It shows that it's very confined to the story.

No moving on up in the world. No customized lair. No buying businesses or running gangs. No real free reign. Look but dont touch.
An epic city squandered.
I do hope they introduce the ability to customise the apartment. I absolutely loved buying/earning houses and personalising my home in skyrim. would be terrific to see it in a DLC for CP similar to Hearthstone in skyrim

I do hope they introduce the ability to customise the apartment. I absolutely loved buying/earning houses and personalising my home in skyrim. would be terrific to see it in a DLC for CP similar to Hearthstone in skyrim
I strongly suspect alternate apartments will be one of DLC or expansion features. along with maybe some customization options

I strongly suspect alternate apartments will be one of DLC or expansion features. along with maybe some customization options

I'm not really big on number of apartments, I am fine having just one at a time. I just want it to look like V's apartment, to look like it is lived in, to look CYBERPUNK. The apartment in 2018 video looked clean and clinical to me, kind of like a hotel room out of those post-cyberpunk games. But having an apartment at all is important to me in terms of immersion.

I'm not really big on number of apartments, I am fine having just one at a time.But having an apartment at all is important to me in terms of immersion.

When i whined about it before, its not that i was so singularly hung up on apartments (although they are great to have), its what it meant for the gameplay.

Confinement. What you can & cant do in the world. Huge ramifications.

You can't be a corporate guy or a gang runner or whatever, you're confined to a setpiece restrictive tunnel of V's story. And its a damn shame in what looks to be a glorious game world.
I dont understand how this can be less controversial than any other concerns people have for the game. (perspective / fancy boot colours / whether you can do a dropkick in combat)

Also, what is the point of money if you cant spend it?

Last edited:
My guess is the narrative will ignore the huge amount of money we have to keep the story consistent. The same way Red Dead 2 ignored your equivalent of modern millions to push the "we just need money" story.

I say this because in the first demo the voice over guy tells you you could keep the 50k cred chip if you just fight the maelstrom in the first place rather than let them take it. And tens of thousands to millions sounds like a reasonable cost for high end cyberware upgrades. After all, if the highest end illegal military cyberware was only 10k every punk and their mother would be and unkillable cyber god.

Second, is the fact that at E3 2019 we got the trailer that was all "We're hitting the big leagues, Jackie" which sounds like it'd be a rags to riches story, but literally at the same convention they announced that multiple appartments were no longer planned for the game, so V would stay in their same low end starter appartment even if they're kitted out in 6 million dollars worth of cyber gear. I'm guessing this was for narrative purposes. You don't want your legendary merc to take up residence in the most high end luxury building in the game.

E3 2019 also said your base apartment wouldn't even be customizable but I think I heard they changed that. Not sure. I think the gameplay is gonna be epic, but I wouldn't go expecting a rags to riches role-play. It sounds like even when you're rich you won't be able to buy rich people stuff and flaunt it, only high end cyberware and weapons.

My guess is the narrative will ignore the huge amount of money we have to keep the story consistent. The same way Red Dead 2 ignored your equivalent of modern millions to push the "we just need money" story.

I say this because in the first demo the voice over guy tells you you could keep the 50k cred chip if you just fight the maelstrom in the first place rather than let them take it. And tens of thousands to millions sounds like a reasonable cost for high end cyberware upgrades. After all, if the highest end illegal military cyberware was only 10k every punk and their mother would be and unkillable cyber god.

Second, is the fact that at E3 2019 we got the trailer that was all "We're hitting the big leagues, Jackie" which sounds like it'd be a rags to riches story, but literally at the same convention they announced that multiple appartments were no longer planned for the game, so V would stay in their same low end starter appartment even if they're kitted out in 6 million dollars worth of cyber gear. I'm guessing this was for narrative purposes. You don't want your legendary merc to take up residence in the most high end luxury building in the game.

E3 2019 also said your base apartment wouldn't even be customizable but I think I heard they changed that. Not sure. I think the gameplay is gonna be epic, but I wouldn't go expecting a rags to riches role-play. It sounds like even when you're rich you won't be able to buy rich people stuff and flaunt it, only high end cyberware and weapons.
they haven't changed that you cant customise your apartment but I can definitely see it being added in the major DLC similar to Hearthstone in Skyrim but not to that extent. its been highly requested

Yeah. I was one of the people that bitched about the change of plans when it comes to properties. It always seemed to me like you're either gonna remain poor from beginning to end, or get rich and have nothing fun to buy.

I trust CDPR to make a fun game, 100%, but as far as the in game economy, I don't see how it'll have any meaning if you can't buy luxuries outside of weapons and cybernetics.

I could have sworn I saw one of the devs tweet that you can modify your apartment at least. Like having extra computers for techies or something. Who knows, may have just been a YouTuber peddling bullshit for views.

I'd say start her out with enough cash to make a number of decisions. Since this game has a lot of depth, one would expect that there should be enough cash to pick a different set of routes from the beginning of the game? For those who wish to take a daring turn down the rabbit whole; you should be able to make a micro transaction and give V more money. For those who take that choice; it's a double benefit for both parties. The gamer takes a wild ride and CD Project Red makes their money.

Sorry I am new to the forum and was just watching the newest video that LegacyKillaHD just posted. I haven't been keeping up with the Cyberpunk2077 news for a while now. Since the announced delay, I stopped following. Other than that, I'll just perform the missions needed to get enough money, to take the path that I want.

I know what you're saying, I'm just saying why would you actively advocate adding microtransactions when the company itself isn't pushing it?

Leave that to EA, Bethy and Ubisoft

I Think V should be broke as F at the start, Weapons and body mods are probably going too drain you in the first half of the Game, after that it all should depend on the reputation you have build and the choices you have made, I also hope the barter system from the Witcher is gonna make a return, haggling a few more eddy’s for a mundane job.

Wow... I didn't think there were people out there who genuinely wanted pay to win microtransactions in SINGLE player games... That's disconcerting.
id rather pay to win in single-player games than in multiplayer games. multi player games better when have level playing field regardless of ability or wilingness to pay for xtras

Top Bottom