How much more of main story do I have left?

+

Guest 4419821

Hi

Can anyone tell me how many more hours roughly of main quest I have left.

I have just completed "Gimme Danger" in ACT 2.

Im trying to plough through the main story now as I want to move on to other games, but I like to complete a game before I move on.

Thanks

The main story is basically composed of multiple paths that make you encounter a few more characters. These characters, if you go through their quest lines, allow you to unlock the last quest in the game and different endings. Takemura, Judy and Panam are said characters that unlock the ending. Now that you finished the Takemura path, you need to finish Judy's quest to find Evelyn, and Panam's quests to find Hellman.
Findind Hellman is all you need in the Panam quest however keep in mind that an important quest unlocks after finding Evelyn and this one you will have to do it.
Once that's done, you're good to go to the end of the game, and don't need to go further into those characters quest lines or any of the other side content.

You have about 5-10 hours left, depending on the difficulty you play on and if you skip dialogues.

It depend how you play (stealth or rush against enemies...) and if you already find Hellman, Evelyn, the VDBs... Anyway you should see it when you will reach the Point Of No Return ;)
After this point it depend (less than an hour in one endind to few hours in other ones).

The main story can be completed in a very short time frame but you'll be limiting yourself if you just rush through to complete it ASAP.

Without major spoilers (but you could consider some of this post as minor spoilers so I'll close it up)...

There are multiple endings and the two that are "default" (by completing the fastest route possible to completion without any side jobs and nothing else) are easily the worst endings. One of them is pretty Black Mirror and so if you enjoy that then you might get a kick out of the ending. But it's just not thematically as "satisfying", I don't think, as some other endings. And to get those, you need to do more in the game to "unlock" them. Then again, if you're just looking to finish this vast game rapidly, I guess you don't care about the actual characters/themes or individual stories and so you probably won't care what ending you get...

So the answer isn't simple. If you're just looking to finish the game fast, just finish Goro's jobs (for which you'll need to start Ghost Town and finish Life During Wartime as well) and you'll be ready to finish the game and forget it. But I promise you, it won't be nearly as rewarding as if you do the other side jobs (and I won't spoil them here for you, but will say this: do Panam's jobs to full completion first, this will help you at least unlock what most see as the "best" ending).

Assuming former scenario (aiming for the "fastest" ending)?

It's 5 more jobs and you're done.

Assuming the latter scenario (aiming for the "best" ending with no extra effort whatsoever)?

It's 8 more jobs and you're done.

This isn't including the actual end sequences, by the way. They're about 2 hours or so to complete fully to end the game.

Last edited:

Guest 4419821

The main story is basically composed of multiple paths that make you encounter a few more characters. These characters, if you go through their quest lines, allow you to unlock the last quest in the game and different endings. Takemura, Judy and Panam are said characters that unlock the ending. Now that you finished the Takemura path, you need to finish Judy's quest to find Evelyn, and Panam's quests to find Hellman.
Findind Hellman is all you need in the Panam quest however keep in mind that an important quest unlocks after finding Evelyn and this one you will have to do it.
Once that's done, you're good to go to the end of the game, and don't need to go further into those characters quest lines or any of the other side content.

You have about 5-10 hours left, depending on the difficulty you play on and if you skip dialogues.

Ive already done the Judy stuff, still have a few Panam side missions though, although I have got to
Hellman already, but later Panam has contacted me again back at her camp, think it involves some rescue mission (that leader of the clan Saul, I think).

I have done quite a lot of side missions and gigs, so dont feel like I've rushed the story in any way, but I can only go so far in a game of this scale before I start to get bored, which is why I want to concentrate on the main story now.

Thanks everyone.

Ive already done the Judy stuff, still have a few Panam side missions though.

I have done quite a lot of side missions and gigs, so dont feel like I've rushed the story in any way, but I can only go so far in a game of this scale before I start to get bored, which is why I want to concentrate on the main story now.

Thanks everyone.
So it depend, really. For me, it's always about 120-150 hours for a full playthrough if not more (my last in 1.5, 187^^), but most of players don't even reach 100 hours...
And also when you will reach the Point of No Return, there are quite a few "Side Quests" remaining (which could be "important/interesting" too) ;)

Ive already done the Judy stuff, still have a few Panam side missions though, although I have got to
Hellman already, but later Panam has contacted me again back at her camp, think it involves some rescue mission (that leader of the clan Saul, I think).

Thanks everyone.
Yeh cool. So if you just finish the Panam story and then Goro's, you're good to go. And that'll let you end on the most satisfying ending too. If you're only going to end the game once, that's definitely the one you want to do it on:

Just make sure you pick the option to call Panam to help with the final mission when you're talking to Johnny on the balcony above Misty's Esoterica

Guest 4419821

So it depend, really. For me, it's always about 120-150 hours for a full playthrough if not more (my last in 1.5, 187^^), but most of players don't even reach 100 hours...
And also when you will reach the Point of No Return, there are quite a few "Side Quests" remaining (which could be "important/interesting" too) ;)

I will have to check my game time, I think it must be about 60hrs or so. I do agree there are some great side quests. I think I prefer them to the main story, I feel like the main story is more talking than anything else, lol. I get super bored with all the dialogue, I admit I sometimes skip it.
Post automatically merged:

Yeh cool. So if you just finish the Panam story and then Goro's, you're good to go. And that'll let you end on the most satisfying ending too. If you're only going to end the game once, that's definitely the one you want to do it on:

Just make sure you pick the option to call Panam to help with the final mission when you're talking to Johnny on the balcony above Misty's Esoterica

Ok so to finish the panam story, I just need to complete all her side quests, as the only main quest I have at present is with that Goro guy.

Main story can be done in like 8 hours.
I don't see how you can finish the main quest (and only the main quest) in 8 hours... from the very beginning (life path intro) to the end credits (by chosing the shortest ending).
Except by skipping everything that it possible to skip, but for me, it's not playing, it's "rushing" (a speed run), it's not the same (and maybe better to play another game...) :)

I will have to check my game time, I think it must be about 60hrs or so. I do agree there are some great side quests. I think I prefer them to the main story, I feel like the main story is more talking than anything else, lol. I get super bored with all the dialogue, I admit I sometimes skip it.

Ok so to finish the panam story, I just need to complete all her side quests, as the only main quest I have at present is with that Goro guy.

You don't have to finish the Panam storyline. Doing so only unlocks a new ending. Finding Helllman, which you have already, is the only requirement to get the final quest of the game. That and doing the VDB quest line, which is unlocked after finding Evelyn with Judy.

Guest 4419821

You don't have to finish the Panam storyline. Doing so only unlocks a new ending. Finding Helllman, which you have already, is the only requirement to get the final quest of the game. That and doing the VDB quest line, which is unlocked after finding Evelyn with Judy.

Ah ok, I will do all Panam's mission though, sound's like it's worth it.

VDB quest line, not sure if I've done them or not.

You don't have to and I did say that above (he's 5 jobs away from the end, including finding Helman) but those extra 3 jobs for Panam are absolutely worth it if you're only going to finish the game once, for reasons we all know.

Ah ok, I will do all Panam's mission though, sound's like it's worth it.

VDB quest line, not sure if I've done them or not.
The "VDB quest line" is required to finish the game. You need to basically complete "Tapeworm", which is a 3 part story mission where each part ends after the final Goro mission, after Life During Wartime (find helman) and Never Fade away (the final VDB mission in the sequence that starts and ends in the church in Pacifica).

That unlocks the final mission.

What you do in addition to that, thereafter, will open up more options for endings. So doing the next 3 missions for Panam are the ones I recommend as we already discussed. One tip for that, don't delay when she asks you for help (one of the three missions). If you wait more than 24 game hours the mission fails and you cannot complete her story line and that ending will be locked.

There are other endings, including one secret ending (my favourite ending in terms of "what you have to do" but not in terms of the epilogue/outro sequence; also the most challenging ending of them all by a long shot). If you're interested in that then let me know. But there's a lot more you need to do in order to even unlock that one.

So, probably still the best option for you are find Helman (starting with Ghost Town) and then do Panam's 3 additional missions (ending with Queen of the Highway) and then the ending where you opt to call her for help in the finale, allowing you to round up the game in the most satisfying way but without spending a ton more time in the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom