How much should Cyberpunk 2077 cost on release date?

+

What should the downloadable version cost?

• over 9000

Results are only viewable after voting.
It should cost whatever price (or set of prices) results in the optimal clearing of supply and demand for maximization of overall social welfare.

It will cost $59.95 USD for the basic game, $69.95 USD and $79.95 USD for incremental special editions, $89.95 for the most basic version plus season pass, $99.95 for the super special $79.95 version plus season pass, and $149.95 for the limited edition with with everything plus a statue or something.

In euro? I am not going to pay much more than 28 euros (for a DVD edition), especially when I haven't yet seen anything worth that price tag.

care to explain?
i think Cyberpunk basic game will be around the 95gb. you can never put that on dvd's.. a dvd can hold 4,5 gig.. .... . ..... ... computing.... .. ..... . . . . . that is over 9000 dvd's ! that is just to much..

and 28 euro's? where do you get that number? why 28? and... where there any AAA games sold at 28 euro on release?
Post automatically merged:

Not sure what that is in Kiwi dollars, but I'm fine with whatever provided that it's in line with the current exchange rate. Too many publishers charge us an extra $20 'because Oceania'. :mad:

They know all of *your ancestors are criminals.. they just calculate the theft in to the price :confused:

*your as in all of the white Aussies:whistle:

So assuming a healthy 8 hours per day of sleep you are left with an average of 486 hours (rounded down) monthly watch time for 13.99€ at the highest price. Thats 2.9 cents per hour.

dont forget work, eating, social live and hobby like soccer.. be happy if you have 2 hours a day that is 60 hours a month..

I think it will be around the .01 bitcoin, because I have no credit card.

get a Debit card. in Europe it is the standard.

for maximization of overall social welfare.

:ROFLMAO:(y)

Last edited:
care to explain?
It's a standard price for new games where I live. If you want me to pay more than that you need to have a really original game on your hand and - contrary to the generic praises I have read - I didn't notice anything exceptional about CP77 so far.

i think Cyberpunk basic game will be around the 95gb. you can never put that on dvd's.. a dvd can hold 4,5 gig.. .... . ..... ... computing.... .. ..... . . . . . that is over 9000 dvd's ! that is just to much..
21 by my calculactions. And that's only when it will need 95 GB. The Witcher 3 needed 40 GB, and I think most of it was compressed to have less than 50% of that (I don't recall the exact number though). So it should be able to fit on ~5 discs, which isn't exactly unheard of in the video gaming industry.

21 by my calculactions. And that's only when it will need 95 GB. The Witcher 3 needed 40 GB, and I think most of it was compressed to have less than 50% of that (I don't recall the exact number though). So it should be able to fit on ~5 discs, which isn't exactly unheard of in the video gaming industry.

Where is 95GB coming from? That seems like a pretty arbitrary number.

In my own opinion I believe,

50 Euro for base game and 70 Euro for base game + Season Pass.

DLC should be around 5-10 euro depending on the content they give.
Expansions should be around 20-30 euro depending on the content they give.

Because it is. We do know the demo build PC specs, but not the amount of data that will be needed on HDD for the full game.

yes it is a educated guess :)
you can (and must) laugh spam me when i am more then 5 gig of. but if iam not.. bow before me :cool:

It's a standard price for new games where I live. If you want me to pay more than that you need to have a really original game on your hand and - contrary to the generic praises I have read - I didn't notice anything exceptional about CP77 so far.

my jokes aside.. the hard copy will be on 2 or 4 B-ray disks. (25 GB (single-layer); 50 GB (dual-layer)
I think

Last edited:
Actually, if a game had everything I wanted, I could pay as much as 150€ but as every has fault from my point of view, then I'm just going either for the lower legit store I find or GoG for the no DRM, especially when I don't like the editor (I'm looking at you EA).

They know all of *your ancestors are criminals.. they just calculate the theft in to the price :confused:

*your as in all of the white Aussies:whistle:
We're not Aussies. Don't lump us in with them, please.

The problem is that shipping across the Pacific used to be slow and expensive, so we had to pay the price because that's what it was. Now that everything's online, distance doesn't matter, but they keep gouging us because they see us willing to pay high prices.

It's not going to change unless we start getting some competition in the market and have a choice of games at different price points.

We're not Aussies. Don't lump us in with them, please.

The problem is that shipping across the Pacific used to be slow and expensive, so we had to pay the price because that's what it was. Now that everything's online, distance doesn't matter, but they keep gouging us because they see us willing to pay high prices.

It's not going to change unless we start getting some competition in the market and have a choice of games at different price points.

sorry. New Zealand :) i have been many times in Zeeland. i lived on an island to. but i know.. it is not the same..

is online the same shit?? you still have to pay extra?? what a bullshit is that...

edit: found it it is the GST tax. am i right?

Last edited:
$60 seems fine. Definitely not more. But I'll more than likely be purchasing the collector's addition, as well as a copy for PS4 and PC (presuming I can't get a review copy).

sorry. New Zealand :) i have been many times in Zeeland. i lived on an island to. but i know.. it is not the same..

is online the same shit?? you still have to pay extra?? what a bullshit is that...

edit: found it it is the GST tax. am i right?
I don't know about services live Xbox Live, but publishers will often charge $NZ100 for games through Steam, and this was before GST was put on online sales (which only happened recently)

It should cost whatever price (or set of prices) results in the optimal clearing of supply and demand for maximization of overall social welfare.

It will cost $59.95 USD for the basic game, $69.95 USD and $79.95 USD for incremental special editions, $89.95 for the most basic version plus season pass, $99.95 for the super special $79.95 version plus season pass, and $149.95 for the limited edition with with everything plus a statue or something.
You don't know CDPR that well, do you?

Yeah, we'll probably get a collector's edition. But they aren't Ubisoft. They don't have 9 different special editions. And the "Basic game" is actually the full game when you buy from CDPR, not a game that gets content cut for DLC. The DLC you do get is substantial, arguably warranting the cost of a full game by itself.

hmmmmm i forgot to take in to account that this game will be played all over the world and the economy is bound by countries.. in other words.. not all are lucky to live in a place where money is never an issue and a reason to live or die in poverty...

sorry to all.

so i want to change the Euro sighs in to a Big Mac.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Mac_Index

i let you all decide for a day. (a like on this post is a vote to change it.. lets say 10 votes and i will change it)

and i hope CD Projekt RED will use the Big Mac index to determine what the price must be for the game per country.

Last edited:
Top Bottom