How old are you ?

+
I´m 43 (soon 44) and the first game i played was Boulder Dash on C64 in 1984. OMG... it´s a long time ago. ;D

41First serious game was Missle Command in the local arcade.......and then there was Pong!?!

ninheve said:
coastie!! you talked to my heart when you mentioned the commodre 64 :) i was already an old gamer when I got it too lol
I just got back to this thread and saw your post. I still have the Commodore 128 packed away with a boat load of C-64 software ( Games mostly). Anybody remember " LODE RUNNER" ? I was a bit surprised to find a Commodore site in the UK. I was looking at those things and was kind of impressed. They are not available in the US and when I converted the price from British Pounds to USD, they were starting at about $1900 USD. Kind of pricey, but looked like good gaming PCs. I was a big fan of the "Graphic Text Adventure" games. I guess they were the forerunner of today's RPGs. Can't say as that I miss those 51/4" floppies though. Put one of those things in and start the load process, then go fix a big meal while you're waiting for it to load. Sure brings back a lot of memories. I am 61 with a lot of memories too. coastie65

I am almost 28, and my first serious batch of games was for the NES. They included Legend of Zelda 1, Super Mario Brothers, Pro Wrestling, and... Uh.... I can't remember the 4th one.Legend of Zelda hooked me right away. For the next few years I played the NES a lot, and finally started playing computer games when I moved in with my father. After that I started playing PC games more than console, and it's been that way ever since. That happened when I was 11. When I got the NES I believe I was 7 or 8.

I'm 34. :beer: My first game was Defender of the Crown. My first game worth remembering were the Monkey Island Games! ;D Though Civilization stayed my favorite over several years...

:) Hi My first game was on a pantum II computer for about 20 times back in 1992, then I stoped. The reason was I was driving a smitruck and did not have the time to play around with the computer then. I restart about 4 yrs ago with Dungen Siege and been playing games like it eversince. The last three has been Oblivion, Gothic 3, now The Witcher. I am smiretired now and filling my time with games and fishing hunting and the like. I am 63 Yrs young in 2 days 04/13/45. ::) 8)

I will be 68 in June, the game that got me hooked was X-COM UFO DEFENSE, still have it and play it now and then.

I'm 50. I've been playing RPG's for a long time -- I played 1st-edition D&D back in 1978. I've also been playing computer games since before they had graphics -- Adventure and Zork and so on, and when they only had ASCII graphics -- hack (the one BEFORE nethack) and Omega. In some ways, I liked those old games better than most modern games. Because there was no graphics improvement race, game makers focused on GAMEPLAY. As far as I'm concerned, pretty graphics are nice, but they're a frill -- story and gameplay ARE the game.Until I played this game, Might & Magic VI was my favorite RPG. Baldur's Gate had more story and better graphics, and story is usually very important to me, but somehow, Might & Magic VI just got me.Now my favorite RPG is The Witcher; I can't seem to stand to let go of Geralt. Not only do I love the game, but I also have a crush on Geralt. Do you know how embarrassing it is to be fifty years old and have a crush on a COMPUTER GAME CHARACTER? :)Geeze. Those guys at CD Projekt RED are good!

TheRev said:
39 in March, but one of my DDO buddies just turned 73!! Been gaming with him for about 5 years now, starting with IL2. I hope I'm still around and gaming when I turn 73! ;D
Awww. I loved this post; thanks for sharing that with us!

I'm 17 and this is my favorite game ever. ^^ Although I'm sad I can't run on full graphics, alas.It's funny because my dad really likes it too. Other people have no idea what our inside jokes are about. lol

59 and still love to play computer rpg.my favorite games is still wiz 1 and MoriaI get to play for another 59 years :) :)

Corylea said:
I'm 50. I've been playing RPG's for a long time -- I played 1st-edition D&D back in 1978. I've also been playing computer games since before they had graphics -- Adventure and Zork and so on, and when they only had ASCII graphics -- hack (the one BEFORE nethack) and Omega. In some ways, I liked those old games better than most modern games. Because there was no graphics improvement race, game makers focused on GAMEPLAY. As far as I'm concerned, pretty graphics are nice, but they're a frill -- story and gameplay ARE the game.Until I played this game, Might & Magic VI was my favorite RPG. Baldur's Gate had more story and better graphics, and story is usually very important to me, but somehow, Might & Magic VI just got me.Now my favorite RPG is The Witcher; I can't seem to stand to let go of Geralt. Not only do I love the game, but I also have a crush on Geralt. Do you know how embarrassing it is to be fifty years old and have a crush on a COMPUTER GAME CHARACTER? :)Geeze. Those guys at CD Projekt RED are good!
as stated eariler in this post I'm 56 ------------------- started playing D&D way back when I was a young Dragon -------- sounds like we played the same games --------also like the story and play before all of the candy ------ the older games had to have a better story cause graphic weren"t all that great at the time ------ still have every game I ever bought ---------------------- plus a D&D, AD&D and Warhammer ========= BUT always a "but" :) ;) :D ;D The Witcher is the best game ever IMOPHappy Witching to all

Well I will tell you a veary funny story one day my wife and I where at a local game shop.And there was a small boy and is mom in line in front of us and the small boy was so happy to get the game he was looking for is for sometime now I think it was Zoo tycoon not to sure. My wife was chatting with the mom a bit saying how happy he was have found this game he was looking all over and saved his money to get it .Well my wife and I had like 5 of 6 games and the small boy was looking what we got and I looked at the boy and told him that no matter how old you get your never too old to play game and don't let anyone tell you different Look at us My wife and I we are way older then you mom and were big kids LOL Well the mom seemed kind of happy that that I said that to her son and the boy face lite up LOL I think most of us old gamers here started out with D@D it was nothing that we never have seen before and it was cool Little did we know it would move to the kind of rpg we play now lol We may get older in life but it never means that we grow old LOL

im almost 28, my first trully rpg game style was "krysztaly czasu" humm Time cristals in eng.. It was a paper rpg game with dices in medieval times with sword and magic. Truly fascinating, next one witch cought my heart was Diablo1 i remember quite good when i asked my father to bring from work old notebook with pentium 75mhz 16mb ram and about 1gb hdd Geez. Awesome. I could play diablo! yey. As one of members here said some old games had superb story and gameplay than graphic shit. But i can be happy nowadays couse Witcher came up! Even i have game about 4 months i never ended. Im still in 3 act just dont know what happened.. Maybe its just i get bored running from one point to other making quests.Anyway hiho @ll rpg's lovers!

I am 51 and a granny. My first game was a piece of string ;) my first rp was a board game called hero quest. Since then? World of Warcraft, Morrowind, vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, neverwinter nights...the list goes on ;D

suzziq said:
I am 51 and a granny. My first game was a piece of string ;) my first rp was a board game called hero quest. Since then? World of Warcraft, Morrowind, vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, neverwinter nights...the list goes on ;D
piece of string 8) lmao I also have Hero Quest was a good game [glow=red,2,300]"Susie Q"[/glow] my most favorite song ;) :) ;D

Top Bottom