How old are you ?

+
newbie to the witcher world - still downloading the 332 mb patch - i'm 46 going on 16 - can't remember what first game was - but first computer was a commodore vic20 in about 1982 - had to clear out a warehouse of racking with father-in-law to buy it - 100pounds back then in the dim dark distant past - been a gamer ever since - have been in the grips of the elder scrolls for the last year or so (morrowind and oblivion) - lets see where this little adventure takes me - and a year on 2 games says i take them to the 'nth degreehello to everybodyTJ

as we all learn with age in gaming - restart loads of times till you get it right - thanks for the welcome game widow - my ex was one hehe

Seeker said:
man the more I look around here the few ppl old then me are around oh well back to doing more Evil :evil:
Nah, there are several of us older than you. Though I suppose we could start an "Over 40" room, the same way that there's a Girls Chamber. :)

:) ... just a game moniker ... there *is* a "mister" widow and he *does* understand ... and then there's a small (but cherished) queue ;D ... you may however join, if that is your bent ... i'm hard on them .. rarely feed them ... gaming you know ...

Dude, i thought I was an old gamer and I'm 20. This thread definitely opens one's eyes.Started playing (read: watching my sister play and sometimes taking over) at 4, I think "Commander Keen" was my first. But started playing seriously with "The Settlers 2", when I was a wee bit older.

RykNiedwiedzia said:
Dude, i thought I was an old gamer and I'm 20. This thread definitely opens one's eyes.Started playing (read: watching my sister play and sometimes taking over) at 4, I think "Commander Keen" was my first. But started playing seriously with "The Settlers 2", when I was a wee bit older.
LOL are you shock that there are a lot of older gamer around Just because we get older dose not mean we stop gaming :angel:

I invite all you fogeys to "the Nursing home" http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=13811.0courtesy of Corylea :)

Seeker said:
Just because we get older dose not mean we stop gaming :angel:
Well, I for one never intended to ;D I'm not surprised there are older gamers around, I just never expected there would be so many. Most of the gamers I know switched from "hardcore" to "casual" around 17, and a lot of those stopped playing at all shortly afterwards. I thought I'm a freak, and then I saw this thread ;D

I started casual gaming when I was around 37.Sid Meier's Pirates on the Apple II GS which ran at a Blazing 3 MHz. with floppy drives only.Oh yeah, I'm 57 now.

The nursing home has been renamed to the Over-40 hang-out for those who were initially put off by the idea of a nursing home ;Dso drag your walkers over!

MPetros said:
I started casual gaming when I was around 37.Sid Meier's Pirates on the Apple II GS which ran at a Blazing 3 MHz. with floppy drives only.Oh yeah, I'm 57 now.
Oooh, yes, love Pirates. Love the latest incarnation of Pirates. Good fun.

I'm female and 53. I started gaming in 1982 on an Apple 2+, with my first games being Zork and the original Wizardry. I haven't stopped gaming since! :)

Top Bottom