How old are you ?

+
Vilgefortze said:
@TommyIt would've been nice if your son played Witcher too. Then we would have both father and son on the same forum.BTW which part did your son see you play? I hope you weren't doing anything...inappropriate... at the time. You know...like the dryad... :p
All i can say is he saw the Dryad and said holy shi* nothing inappropriate was happening on that particular game as a matter of fact that game had i think had 2 cards in the whole game

Tommy said:
....as a matter of fact that game had i think had 2 cards in the whole game
....yeah...riiiight. But I guess it would have been really weird if he walked in on you during a Triss/Shani scene."Hey dad. About my allowance....holy ****...what the **** are you doing dad?""Er...nothing...about your allowance...""Does mom know..?""Listen, son. Here's an advance on your allowance. Now go enjoy yourself. Alright?""Uh huh. So...redhead huh...""Here. Take this as well. Now go.":D

Seeker said:
Well time to update myself im 50 and still a gamer :p
Compared to me, you're still a young'un. : ) The way I see it is why should the kids have all the fun. I am retired and besides poking around here, I moderate two websites, mostly pcworld.com, which keep me busy. I have two gaming desktops, plus a PS2 and PS3. In the mid 80's I was gaming on a Commodore 64 with the fantastic 64k of memory ( nearly half of which got got used to run the thing ) and those fantastic 8 bit Graphics ( and I may be being a little kind here as to that ).

Seeker said:
Well time to update myself im 50 and still a gamer :p
Hey gramps ! I'm 28. =PHey, careful not to have a heart attack when you play TW2 ! Hahaha, just kidding. I'm kiddin ! My first game.. was something on Atari... I don't remember which game.. I was 4 or 5 years old....Seaquest, Pitfall, River Raid??? Could be any of those.

Orochi82 said:
My first game.. was something on Atari... I don't remember which game.. I was 4 or 5 years old....Seaquest, Pitfall, River Raid??? Could be any of those.
I remember those and missile command as well and a few others . Most likely it was the Atari 2600 although they made the 5200 as well . Wait you didn`t mention the most unforgettable character of all........MARIO ! and 30 years later he`s still around now that`s longevity .

Chopy said:
19 , i feel like a child here :'[ i want to mama.
Well i guess we all have to start somewhere lol . Although it doesn`t matter that much the really important thing is that we are "gamers" and gamers have one thing in common....we like to play games so it seems to me that age really doesn`t matter that much .

Another potential grandpa here, 47. My first games were Wolfeinstein 3D, Leisure Suit Larry and Commander Keen on a Bondwell laptop with black and white screen and a Cyrix 486 processor (circa 1992). But since there wasn't much to do on the pc back then I sold it and bought the Playstation. Was gaming on the PSX between 1994 and 1998 when I bought my second pc. Currently I have the pc, the PS2 (which has been in standby for the last 2-3 years), a Nintendo Gamecube (in standby as well) and since two weeks ago the PS3 - which is great fun but keeps reminding me (courtesy of Playstation Network) how we gamers are nothing but milking cows for a greedy corporate industry. Gaming as a new form of art my ass lol, they're trying to turn us into dumb junkies ;) Hello Big Brother!

38..... Here I thought I'd be one of the older gamers. *Snickers*I started my console gaming at around 8 courtesy of the Odyssey system, which I still have. It and the games are in perfect working condition. I graduated (many years later) to the SNES, then hopped to computer gaming in approximately 2004. Once online I discovered a whole new outlet for my creativity with text-based RPGs and quickly became addicted (A World Called Hollow). Since then I have delved into many types of games, though I do prefer RPGs over anything and like to vary my gaming with online, computer, and console games. My boyfriend has a PS2 and we bought my kids the X-Box 360 a few years ago for Christmas. I'm bouncing around between another play through of Saints Row 2 and Fable 2 on the 360, a first go-round on Dragon Age and Saints Row 1 (will never buy/play out of order again) on the 360, Still play a bit of Hollow online (mostly because I love the creativity and imagination it requires), TW1 is my newest computer game addiction even though I like to relax with some Sims 3 now and then, too. I enjoy die-roll RPG with a group of friends (including my son) on the weekend and must say that Vampire: The Masquerade is my favorite out of the 3 I have played. My boyfriend and I are also in the process of making our own text-based fantasy RPG online... He's doing all the coding from scratch and I'm writing room descriptions, making some game images, and giving him migraines with all the new ideas I keep coming up with... *Wicked BIG Grin* ... Good thing he loves me.Heh... Sounds like all I do is play games, but it's not that way, honestly... I have 2 children I enjoy spending time with and I have my first (hopefully only -- for a while) grandbaby on the way in August. Guess that's about it...... Blessed Be.

CrimsinFury said:
38..... Here I thought I'd be one of the older gamers. *Snickers*I started my console gaming at around 8 courtesy of the Odyssey system, which I still have. It and the games are in perfect working condition. I graduated (many years later) to the SNES, then hopped to computer gaming in approximately 2004. Once online I discovered a whole new outlet for my creativity with text-based RPGs and quickly became addicted (A World Called Hollow). Since then I have delved into many types of games, though I do prefer RPGs over anything and like to vary my gaming with online, computer, and console games. My boyfriend has a PS2 and we bought my kids the X-Box 360 a few years ago for Christmas. I'm bouncing around between another play through of Saints Row 2 and Fable 2 on the 360, a first go-round on Dragon Age and Saints Row 1 (will never buy/play out of order again) on the 360, Still play a bit of Hollow online (mostly because I love the creativity and imagination it requires), TW1 is my newest computer game addiction even though I like to relax with some Sims 3 now and then, too. I enjoy die-roll RPG with a group of friends (including my son) on the weekend and must say that Vampire: The Masquerade is my favorite out of the 3 I have played. My boyfriend and I are also in the process of making our own text-based fantasy RPG online... He's doing all the coding from scratch and I'm writing room descriptions, making some game images, and giving him migraines with all the new ideas I keep coming up with... *Wicked BIG Grin* ... Good thing he loves me.Heh... Sounds like all I do is play games, but it's not that way, honestly... I have 2 children I enjoy spending time with and I have my first (hopefully only -- for a while) grandbaby on the way in August. Guess that's about it...... Blessed Be.
God. We got a computer in '85. Games then were so simple there were magazines with the code for games and we just copied the programs and loaded them into the computer. It only took a few magazine pages.

19 myself. Started with Zelda grew up on it! No other series will ever mean more to me mainly well I beat the original Legend of Zelda before I beat Mario. There something magical about it. Miyamoto takes great care with his games. I have always found RPG's much more fun then say shooters. I can't get enjoy a shooter for more then an hour unless if it's Crysis or Halo 3. I eventually found my way to PC gaming with World of Warcraft, actually just stopped playing it after 4 years this month, I know I know a lot of people hate it even though it made MMORPG's a real market and not something a lot of developer's would try. Since then I have pretty much made my 360/PS3 my Netflix machine and I have been slowly trying to find some rpgs from you know way back then.I just bought Baldur's Gate 1 and 2off Gog I feel so overwhelmed! I think back to how Origins is a precursor to Baldur's Gate and I feel it's not even close >.< I have a bunch of other games on my list such as Fallout 1 and Icewind Dale. I hear nothing but praise for them so if some of you more hardcore cRpg people have any suggestions let me know :)

Top Bottom