How old are you ?

+
22 soon to be 23...

First games I remember on our acorn pc
Lemmings, pacman, woody something or other (you had to jump over crap like mountains etc)
My sister had a super nintendo so I remember some of those games with fondness

Mike113 said:
Hello everyone. I wonder how old are people who want to play the Witcher. I'm 28.
October 24th i'll be 36yo and my very first rpg game was actually surprise surprise Witcher 1 and my very first computer was commodore64 :rolleyes:

Well i have 23, and TW is a huge inspiration for me!, personally TW for me is more than just a video game...

28, first game i played was like treasure island dizzy on the atari i think. first game that really wowed me was the secret of monkey island when i played it on my cousins amiga. i was pissed i couldnt get it on my atari because it required 1mb of ram!.

dragonbird said:
And unofficially?
And there I was thinking you were old. You're younger than me.
Unofficially ? Depends on the day of the week ! Monday - 40 but by Friday - no less than 80

Hmm since I haven't posted in this thread since page 1 (back in 2007) I suppose I'll update too: I'm currently 29! Next year is the big 30 and I'll be officially too old to play games

freakie1one said:
Hmm since I haven't posted in this thread since page 1 (back in 2007) I suppose I'll update too: I'm currently 29! Next year is the big 30 and I'll be officially too old to play games
Well if it makes you feel any better i'm older then you i'm 36yo and i'm woman so nah you're never too old to be playing games

Hmm well, then we need more women like you closer to where I live! My ex girlfriend always complained that I spent too much time gaming and how it was a pastime for children... Pure nonsense! I wonder why she's now my ex

freakie1one said:
Hmm well, then we need more women like you closer to where I live! My ex girlfriend always complained that I spent too much time gaming and how it was a pastime for children... Pure nonsense! I wonder why she's now my ex
If it weren't for computer games my computer skills would be non existent and my English would not be at this level where i can understand everything that some one says/writes in English. So thank you computer games

I'm thinking that person who is in to gaming can understand lot better another gamer than a person who is not in to gaming.

I have been in to gaming for so long (since Commodore64) that it is hard to imagine not be excited by the latest games who could refuse such eye candy as the Witcher 2? :eek:

It's like gaming blasphemy to speak bad about the Pc-games

So who ever said that computer games can not be educational clearly didn't know what they were talking about :D

Elves4me2 said:
If it weren't for computer games my computer skills would be non existent and my English would not be at this level where i can understand everything that some one says/writes in English. So thank you computer games

I'm thinking that person who is in to gaming can understand lot better another gamer than a person who is not in to gaming.

I have been in to gaming for so long (since Commodore64) that it is hard to imagine not be excited by the latest games who could refuse such eye candy as the Witcher 2? :eek:

It's like gaming blasphemy to speak bad about the Pc-games

So who ever said that computer games can not be educational clearly didn't know what they were talking about :D

I will be 45 in two weeks . As much as people complain about windows they don't understand where computer gaming was . I can say you understand ,in some ways I wish that the dos format never went by the wayside even though it was a pain sometimes . The youngsters here don't get it tech is so much easier now as well as internet connecting people across the globe .

dmcaldw said:
I will be 45 in two weeks . As much as people complain about windows they don't understand where computer gaming was . I can say you understand ,in some ways I wish that the dos format never went by the wayside even though it was a pain sometimes . The youngsters here don't get it tech is so much easier now as well as internet connecting people across the globe .
Remember when cassettes were still around? and the screen was nothing but blue and to load a game you actually had to type load... instead of just pushing the button like these days :D

This was my favorite game -----> Horse Racing.

Thank you Commodore64 you did teach me a lot

Aww, I'm a bit jealous of you guys and girls. :) Our first PC at home was a 386, but I played much more on our 486. Since I didn't learn English at all until secondary school, I picked up all my English from Cartoon Network and videogames. I've come to love the language so much that when I had to decide what to learn at university, I majored in English (and history) and never regretted it. Having a firm grasp of English - today's lingua franca - is as if a whole new world opened up to you, since you can read great novels that never got a translation, you can communicate with people around the globe, you can travel and be confident that you can probably get around etc-etc.

Thank you videogames! :D

Just revisited.

I started with the Atari console, and delights such as Pong, Space Invaders and Breakout. Then came the Sinclair ZX80.

But I first played RPG on an ICL mainframe :)

The original "Adventure" game. From Virtual Museum of Games

"PLAYING A MAINFRAME GAME

The game was called "Adventure". A player would type in some information to let the computer "know" that the player had permission to use the computer, and then the player would indicate that he wished to play "Adventure". The computer would type out a sentence like "You are in a large cave with a number of smaller passages going off in different directions.." Then the typing would stop and the computer would wait until the player responded by typing in some information, such as "GO NORTH ". The computer might then respond "You have walked into a wall of stone!" The player might then type "REVERSE" and the computer might respond "I don't understand that." Thinking about this for a while, the player might reply "TURN AROUND", and the game would go on like this until the player became exhausted."

I didn't stay with the company concerned long enough to finish it (in fact, it was generally thought to be never-ending), but three years later, I started work with an Apple II vendor. The boss was a gaming fanatic who had the Adventure port to Apple II. And he was more than happy to let me take a computer home "so that I could work in the evenings" complete with the diskettes for Adventure. Still text-based, and it took forever but I did finish it.

Two years before that, I'd been a programmer for a computer manufacturer. While I was there, they started to use monitors on their computers. We all had to learn how to code for a monitor, and it was suggested we try writing games. I did Othello. It could beat everyone in the office :) (Well, except me, but I cheated)

Top Bottom