How strong is V compared to the Night City Legends? *ending spoilers*

+
Just curious on what you guys think. Obvious gameplay and story segregation like them recovering from bullet wounds with an inhaler aside, I wonder how they hold up compared to the established legends of the setting. Could a combat V beat the likes of Morgan Blackhand or flashback Johnny? The (Don't Fear) the Reaper ending has them assault Arasaka Tower and defeating Adam Smasher solo while literally being minutes from death. Near as I can tell no other legend character has ever pulled off something like this.

They can also defeat Cyberpsychos solo, each of whom are dangerous enough that they have a unit dedicated to taking them down, and many gigs and missions like the Voodoo Boys mission has them possibly defeating like 30 combatants solo. It's also definite that they defeat Oda, a man who's skilled enough that he was designated as Hanako Arasaka's personal bodyguard.

All things considered it's somewhat weird that until the ending no one reacts to a V that can take down gangs of people solo.

Lore-wise I think even by the end you should be a heavy underdog when facing these guys, especially Smasher. - Especially given that your "relic" can malfunction and zap your brain at any time. But in game it's ez mode.

Smasher should be as hard to take down in a gun fight as Rhino is right now in a fair fist-fight.

Last edited:
Lore-wise I think even by the end you should be a heavy underdog when facing these guys, especially Smasher. - Especially given that your "relic" can malfunction and zap your brain at any time. But in game it's ez mode.
It does not matter is the game mechanics make it look like an easy mode or not.

Fact is that V is among the ranks of Morgan Blackhand and the other legends of NC, simply because V managed to defeat Adam Smasher in combat.

If we take Adam Smasher as a kind of benchmark then V would be a pretty powerful character.
Smasher was able to even silence Johnny "destroy all corporations blablablabla" Silverhand for a moment.

There is a side mission where the Aldecaldos are trying to sell implants to a horde of Scavengers.
When V shows up the Scavengers remember the Sandra Dorsett rescue mission and are about to turn hostile.
If V's constitution level is high enough you can intimidate the Scavengers which leads to a very entertaining dialogue; "Look at my implants. I could rip you apart before you even pull the trigger. I know that - you know that."
Wish there were more missions like that.

P.S. The assault on Arasaka in "Don't fear the reaper" gave me a bit of "Kill Bill" vibes, especially when played as a female V. The guards shout things like "She is alone?!", "Kill her, that's an order!", "I don't want to die!" - pretty epic. :D

Well considering i one-shot Adam Smasher in the last mission on very hard id say my V was off the charts and with that cyberware - where if you die you have another heart or something.. id say demi-god :D

Smasher should be as hard to take down in a gun fight as Rhino is right now in a fair fist-fight.

The Relic actually makes this more impressive, doesn't it? Both Blackhand and Silverhand were in their primes whereas V actually receives Relic attacks prior to both the Smasher and Oda fights. In Don't Fear the Reaper they're also literally minutes from death and you can see this by the fact that their health drains periodically throughout the fight since they didn't take the drug to either suppress Johnny or give him full control.

If we take Adam Smasher as a kind of benchmark then V would be a pretty powerful character.
Smasher was able to even silence Johnny "destroy all corporations blablablabla" Silverhand for a moment.

There is a side mission where the Aldecaldos are trying to sell implants to a horde of Scavengers.
When V shows up the Scavengers remember the Sandra Dorsett rescue mission and are about to turn hostile.
If V's constitution level is high enough you can intimidate the Scavengers which leads to a very entertaining dialogue; "Look at my implants. I could rip you apart before you even pull the trigger. I know that - you know that."
Wish there were more missions like that.

P.S. The assault on Arasaka in "Don't fear the reaper" gave me a bit of "Kill Bill" vibes, especially when played as a female V. The guards shout things like "She is alone?!", "Kill her, that's an order!", "I don't want to die!" - pretty epic. :D

There's one mission at a diner where V sits down then the place gets mugged. With a high enough body they can tell the gangsters holding the place up that they will destroy them if they try anything and they've faced the likes of Maelstrom and Arasaka so what the fuck are some idiots with peashooters gonna do. Then they run away basically pissing their pants despite the fact that they had guns trained on V. It's absolutely hilarious.

There's one mission at a diner where V sits down then the place gets mugged. With a high enough body they can tell the gangsters holding the place up that they will destroy them if they try anything and they've faced the likes of Maelstrom and Arasaka so what the fuck are some idiots with peashooters gonna do. Then they run away basically pissing their pants despite the fact that they had guns trained on V. It's absolutely hilarious.

Yeah, stumbled upon it randomly and it was actually pretty cool. You can either draw your gun and kill them or intimidate them. I chose the latter and they hmmm....reconsidered they approach :)

Yeah, stumbled upon it randomly and it was actually pretty cool. You can either draw your gun and kill them or intimidate them. I chose the latter and they hmmm....reconsidered they approach :)

"I can slice you into ribbon before you pull the trigger"

But my quickhack V even more badass, can kill them instantly without moving or blink an eye :p

Yeah, right. I remember that one!

But my quickhack V even more badass, can kill them instantly without moving or blink an eye :p
Katana + Sandevistan here. The result would be similar. :D

mbrto

Forum regular
judging by the way V absolutely demolishes adam smasher after storming saka tower on her own though the front door i´d say she is that kind of legend jackie would be proud of.

V with silverhand´s engram in her head is by far the most capable of all the night city legends

V with the Tetratronic Mk.4 could force them all to kill themselves in about half a second.

Don't count Silverhand amongst the really strong people...if I am not mistaken, in the book Adam Smasher wasn't there to fight him. He didn't know/didn't care who Silverhand was....Silverhand died by a stray bullet:) He is just...such a narcissist that in his memories he is very important and very strong:)

No matter the ending. At the end of the game lore wise V is one of the best Solos in NC and the Apex Predator of NC. By doing just the main story we.

1. May have fought our way out of a Maelstrom stronghold. Depends on choices.
2.Hid from Adam Smasher and Saburos Bodyguard (Goro).
3. Fought our way out of a Hotel filled with elite Soldiers. While stealing something from Arasaka.
4. Defeated Oda. A Elite Bodyguard for one of the Arasaka elite.
5. Kidnapped Hanako Arasaka.
6. Destroyed a major Scav BD Studio.
7. Downed a Corpo AV and Kidnapped Hellman.
8. Breached the Blackwall and returned and may or may not have killed the VB gangs leaders.
9. Killed Smasher, stormed Arasaka HQ.

Then when we include the optional quests V does some very remarkable things. V is a one man Army.

Just curious on what you guys think. Obvious gameplay and story segregation like them recovering from bullet wounds with an inhaler aside, I wonder how they hold up compared to the established legends of the setting. Could a combat V beat the likes of Morgan Blackhand or flashback Johnny?

V is able to beat Razor. Who has body mods we can't get (missions illogical). So can beat anyone in the game. V's body is magically better with less tech.

In CP2020 V would end up an 80 point, multirole (solo, netrunner, techie) character with over the top stats and skills and quarter a milion worth of high end cyberware. Morgan Blackhand and Adam Smasher's ghost wouldn't even deserve to see the V's light. I don't even mention Johnny as in the metalore he was 3rd league character, nobody cared about (in all groups playing CP2020 I known for the last 28 ys he was a running joke) :)

Don't count Silverhand amongst the really strong people...if I am not mistaken, in the book Adam Smasher wasn't there to fight him. He didn't know/didn't care who Silverhand was....Silverhand died by a stray bullet:) He is just...such a narcissist that in his memories he is very important and very strong:)
Silverhand is no slouch, but hes not physically the greatest. Hes a rockerboy, his greatest feats are the influence he has. Morgan Blackhand, as strong as he seems to have been, was just a follower. Adam smasher, a wind up toy. Johnny was actually a threat to Arasaka because he shaped public opinion, and would do whatever he wanted, somehow getting a bunch of others to go along with it.
Post automatically merged:

V is able to beat Razor. Who has body mods we can't get (missions illogical). So can beat anyone in the game. V's body is magically better with less tech.

there's something unsaid there with the kid, maybe he fixed the fight. But even aside that, V doesn't beat them because they are stronger, they beat them because he was injured, and outboxed. V is substantially weaker, and has less health. You hit the guy like what 20? 30? times for every time he hits you to win.

Last edited:
Silverhand is no slouch, but hes not physically the greatest. Hes a rockerboy, his greatest feats are the influence he has. Morgan Blackhand, as strong as he seems to have been, was just a follower. Adam smasher, a wind up toy. Johnny was actually a threat to Arasaka because he shaped public opinion, and would do whatever he wanted, somehow getting a bunch of others to go along with it.

....I agree that his strength is his influence, but I think the OP meant fighting ability which Silverhand seems to be lacking (ingame Johny sure like to mouth off and play the though guy, but that always ends up with him(us, unfortunately, as he was possessing V's body) beaten bloody and thrown off:)

there's something unsaid there with the kid, maybe he fixed the fight. But even aside that, V doesn't beat them because they are stronger, they beat them because he was injured, and outboxed. V is substantially weaker, and has less health. You hit the guy like what 20? 30? times for every time he hits you to win.

That is an interesting question - are the four 'heroes' that beat the dragon stronger than it?

I was wondering about that, sure the Vs are a force to be reckoned with just as they were born. But was V born a demi god or is it because of the engram that forced her into semi astral being-ness?

Could be the combination of birth right, personal drive and hard work, very good support (her friends) and the engram... and luck!

So V had this perfect storm at the right place in the right time.

Also keep in mind that many dozens of alternate universe V dies horribly! WE as the player just happen to be able to load up another "time line" (save file) where she squeeze's thru to success.

So maybe that is it, V is not that special, it is the timeline we are witnessing that is special. ;)

Also keep in mind that many dozens of alternate universe V dies horribly! WE as the player just happen to be able to load up another "time line" (save file) where she squeeze's thru to success.

So maybe that is it, V is not that special, it is the timeline we are witnessing that is special.

But we can NOT die horribly at all - it's called 'easy' difficulty:D

Top Bottom