How "They" knew about V.

+
SPOILERS AHEAD!

Hello all, I'd like to add some of my input on the Mr. Blue Eyes/Night Corp theory.

During the Dream On quest, before confronting Peralez, V gets an ominous holo-call. His vision goes black and he is warned to not step out of line. The "Unknown Caller" knows of V, Johnny, and what their goals are. But we never find out how they know so much about V when he's kept it mostly a secret.

Enter Sandra Dorsett, the woman you save from the ice bath in the introduction mission. She works for Night Corp. She's also a netrunner who stole information about Nightcorp's tests with AI on the general public and possibly creating Cyberpsychosis.

During your rescue of Nightcorp's little turncoat, you jack into her neuroport and contract a virus. And it's right here, ladies and gentlemen, when "Nightcorp" officially owns you. (Nightcorp's in quotes for a reason. Read on.)

See, I don't think Sandra was "snatched off the streets" as T-Bug suggests. I think she was retired by Nightcorp after stealing the data from them. She was left for dead and injected with a tracking virus in hopes that her secret allies would come to pick her up (Wakako maybe?) and expose themselves to the virus. It wasn't meant for you, but they struck gold when V was the one that got infected. Sandra also cannot confirm how she ended up this way because, according to T-Bug, "She won't remember any of this...just a small scar on the subconscious."

Vik removed the virus later, (or did he?) but by then it was too late. Your ID was known, and after that, Nightcorp would know each and every time you jack into a terminal. All of those terminals are owned and managed by Ziggurat which basically owes its entire business to Night Corp.

I've heard several theories about Mr. Blue Eyes being anything from Mr. Night, a rogue A.I. or even Morgan Blackhand, but I don't think that question is important. It's clear that the man is only a proxy; completely expendable. We do not know who is connected to him and talking through him.
It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up dead in future DLC to prove it.

What I believe is important is his affiliation: Ziggurat.

Ziggurat came into the public eye in 2030, (7 years after Morgan Blackhand vanished) when it received a grant from Night Corp. to rebuild the city's (and eventually the world's) networks. Ziggurat is important here because rebuilding the world's network allows the A.I. to influence every major corporation across the globe, acting as a real-world extension of the A.I. beyond Blackwall.

I've not completed the game yet. (260 hours in and still exploring. :ohstopit: ) But I've had enough spoilers to know that we may end up in space. The venture is funded by Mr. Blue Eyes. Assuming I am right about Ziggurat, it's very possible that this is how they plan to infect previously inaccessible servers for the benefit of the A.I.

V, "The Fool", is just playing his part in the hand he's dealt and unwittingly helping the A.I.

20210109173550_1.jpg

Fun side note:
When we find Sandra Dorsett again after her recovery, she's absolutely paranoid about Nightcorp finding her. She's got turrets protecting her, and doesn't like using the front door. None of that paranoia will help her though. She's going to get flatlined. (Assuming you didn't do it already.) If the Unknown Caller was right, and they know all about V and Johnny, then they also know about Sandra. And you led them right to her.

Last edited:
This is brilliant piece of conspiracy theory. And yes, it's all maybe true, because it sounds really plausible.
And i have to add to all this, that after main story Alt still have access to Mikoshi... That means she have access to most of networks of "this" side of Blackwall. That means at least something...

I’ve also wondered how random people V ran into knew V was dying or “dead”... for example my most recent memory of two

Brendan the S.C.S.M and the Zen Master. although, Brendan did mention he overheard people talking about V and put two and two together, but WHO is talking about V?

This theory is quite good.

SPOILERS AHEAD!

Hello all, I'd like to add some of my input on the Mr. Blue Eyes/Night Corp theory.

During the Dream On quest, before confronting Peralez, V gets an ominous holo-call. His vision goes black and he is warned to not step out of line. The "Unknown Caller" knows of V, Johnny, and what their goals are. But we never find out how they know so much about V when he's kept it mostly a secret.

Enter Sandra Dorsett, the woman you save from the ice bath in the introduction mission. She works for Night Corp. She's also a netrunner who stole information about Nightcorp's tests with AI on the general public and possibly creating Cyberpsychosis.

During your rescue of Nightcorp's little turncoat, you jack into her neuroport and contract a virus. And it's right here, ladies and gentlemen, when "Nightcorp" officially owns you. (Nightcorp's in quotes for a reason. Read on.)

See, I don't think Sandra was "snatched off the streets" as T-Bug suggests. I think she was retired by Nightcorp after stealing the data from them. She was left for dead and injected with a tracking virus in hopes that her secret allies would come to pick her up (Wakako maybe?) and expose themselves to the virus. It wasn't meant for you, but they struck gold when V was the one that got infected. Sandra also cannot confirm how she ended up this way because, according to T-Bug, "She won't remember any of this...just a small scar on the subconscious."

Vik removed the virus later, (or did he?) but by then it was too late. Your ID was known, and after that, Nightcorp would know each and every time you jack into a terminal. All of those terminals are owned and managed by Ziggurat which basically owes its entire business to Night Corp.

I've heard several theories about Mr. Blue Eyes being anything from Mr. Night, a rogue A.I. or even Morgan Blackhand, but I don't think that question is important. It's clear that the man is only a proxy; completely expendable. We do not know who is connected to him and talking through him.

Ziggurat came into the public eye in 2030, (7 years after Morgan Blackhand vanished) when it received a grant from Night Corp. to rebuild the city's (and eventually the world's) networks. Ziggurat is important here because rebuilding the world's network allows the A.I. to influence every major corporation across the globe, acting as a real-world extension of the A.I. beyond Blackwall.

I've not completed the game yet. (260 hours in and still exploring. :ohstopit: ) But I've had enough spoilers to know that we may end up in space. The venture is funded by Mr. Blue Eyes. Assuming I am right about Ziggurat, it's very possible that this is how they plan to infect previously inaccessible servers for the benefit of the A.I.

V, "The Fool", is just playing his part in the hand he's dealt and unwittingly helping the A.I.

View attachment 11141780
Fun side note:
When we find Sandra Dorsett again after her recovery, she's absolutely paranoid about Nightcorp finding her. She's got turrets protecting her, and doesn't like using the front door. None of that paranoia will help her though. She's going to get flatlined. (Assuming you didn't do it already.) If the Unknown Caller was right, and they know all about V and Johnny, then they also know about Sandra. And you led them right to her.
Another small detail I noticed about Sandra and Viktor is that right before you jack into Sandra's head or whatever, V asks if that is even safe to do. Basically they do it anyways and that's how they contact this sickness from Sandra. Later when you go to Vik's to get your Kiroshi you tell him about the virus and after he's done the operation he doesn't make any mention of curing it for you. Almost like he forgot that you even mentioned it and just installed your Kiroshi and hand grip.

I thought these were just weird non important things at first but after reading your post it kind of sounds like some foreshadowing connecting to night-corp fucking with your brain or other people's brains for that matter.

While I like where this goes, I have to point out that the relic heist and Johnny merging with V didn't happen until after V jacked into Sandra. Sure, it's possible that jacking into Sandra is only a point of first contact and enabled them to keep tabs on V after that point, but V is just one lost soul among the whole population of Night City.

Nightcorp is powerful and all, but V goes from a nobody to having Arasaka's cutting edge tech in their head and Nightcorp suddenly knows what happened and how? If we accept that, it also stands to reason that Nightcorp has intimate knowledge of the Relic program. It surprises me, then, that Nightcorp doesn't try to leverage this over V especially if V is threatening one of their other projects. My personal conclusion is that the person contacting V is bluffing. They don't actually know all about V or what's happened to them. They simply got a fix on V during the chase (breach protocol) and used a basic reboot optics quickhack on V when calling to make V blind for a moment. It's a parlor trick, a cantrip, if you will to make someone's optics blind and V can do it to people all the time. It just FEELS like a power move because the player isn't used to it happening to them, but in reality it's not much different than getting shot at by a street thug or a netrunner using overheat on V.

All this just demonstrates that they will continue history does not make sense to release more content in act 1 and act 2.

SPOILERS AHEAD!

View attachment 11141780
Fun side note:
And how do you tie the Arasaka thread into this? If Adam Smasher really knew that V was present during the ominous scene?

Another small detail I noticed about Sandra and Viktor is that right before you jack into Sandra's head or whatever, V asks if that is even safe to do. Basically they do it anyways and that's how they contact this sickness from Sandra. Later when you go to Vik's to get your Kiroshi you tell him about the virus and after he's done the operation he doesn't make any mention of curing it for you. Almost like he forgot that you even mentioned it and just installed your Kiroshi and hand grip.

I thought these were just weird non important things at first but after reading your post it kind of sounds like some foreshadowing connecting to night-corp fucking with your brain or other people's brains for that matter.
He tells you that he removed it.

Last edited:
I think that there came a point where Netwatch got overtaken by someone from beyond the wall and controls Netwatch now. But people that work for them dont know that same as todays internet. Everything is controlled but it doesnt matter who maintenance it only who is running the OP.. So i think that there are two sides here. We know that alpha centauri is a group or a cult that holds the higher ups of every corporation and higher way of leadership. But someone beyond the wall made it into that group and is trying to over take everything and someone is trying to stop them but little by little they are losing. Wonder who though..

I felt like the Russian diplomate was more important than just a side gig character because he's at konpleki plaza during the heist, his hotel penthouse overlooks Sandra Ds apartment, Sandr D writes about being followed by Russians (russian scavs aside).
I'm 333 hours in on this game and still feel like there's alot more to discover, like hidden locations and gigs that are only accessible if the right parameters are met.
There's probably alot of choices in the game that we all make the same, making it easy to hide hidden paths behind unintuitive options.
This game is a puzzle, the Rubiks cube is not just a prop but a clue about the nature of the game, 'the devil' is not just the title of an acheivement, i think its short for- 'the devil is in the details'.
Vic believed he'd removed the malware but the Netwatch agent showed us how Placide had hidden his, Misty decribed Vic as an 'old timer', perhaps this was a clue about him not being up to date on the latest malware, holy shit did Delamain catch the virus from V?
The virus caused Delamain to lose track of his cars, this might be how a tracking virus would affect his tracking system, two conflicting tracking systems.

Vic believed he'd removed the malware but the Netwatch agent showed us how Placide had hidden his, Misty decribed Vic as an 'old timer', perhaps this was a clue about him not being up to date on the latest malware, holy shit did Delamain catch the virus from V?
The virus caused Delamain to lose track of his cars, this might be how a tracking virus would affect his tracking system, two conflicting tracking systems.

:smart:

Top Bottom