How "They" knew about V.

+
After meeting us again, is Sandra alive? Someone must check her apartment a few days after meeting her.

When you have your final meeting with Peralez, Blue Eyes can be seen on an adjacent building. You can't target him unfortunately.

well atleast this is better then what I was thinking that there was a complication when vik wasn installing the new eyeball, because of the virus and V is now in a virtual fantasy or nightmare and everything that has happened so far is just his/her imagination.

Another small detail I noticed about Sandra and Viktor is that right before you jack into Sandra's head or whatever, V asks if that is even safe to do. Basically they do it anyways and that's how they contact this sickness from Sandra. Later when you go to Vik's to get your Kiroshi you tell him about the virus and after he's done the operation he doesn't make any mention of curing it for you. Almost like he forgot that you even mentioned it and just installed your Kiroshi and hand grip.

I thought these were just weird non important things at first but after reading your post it kind of sounds like some foreshadowing connecting to night-corp fucking with your brain or other people's brains for that matter.
Vik does speak of it when you ask him in that scene.
PS. My bad. I notice now that others have replied to this already.

.... I think it just normal quick hack blind
You can do this at level 1
And everyone knew V from TV
He is the guy who murder Saburo, which is more important than the president of America
Then jump out the building, doom the security army, and still alive from the endless Arasaka ninja and countless corp agent and billion reward and Adam Smasher.
The most strange thing is why Arasaka never nuke him, maybe he can't die, since he is the man who got a bullet at brain and nothing happened.
The fixer give any job to V, and their most worry is how to fix it if V rush in and slaughter every witness to keep the mission silence.

more questions than answers i say. i swear if i ever meet "them" ima say in the words of tommy vercetti of GTA: VC (in my head) "i just wanna piss you off before i kill you"

.... I think it just normal quick hack blind
You can do this at level 1
And everyone knew V from TV
He is the guy who murder Saburo, which is more important than the president of America
Then jump out the building, doom the security army, and still alive from the endless Arasaka ninja and countless corp agent and billion reward and Adam Smasher.
The most strange thing is why Arasaka never nuke him, maybe he can't die, since he is the man who got a bullet at brain and nothing happened.
The fixer give any job to V, and their most worry is how to fix it if V rush in and slaughter every witness to keep the mission silence.
Aaaaah, but that's just it. The news never said it's V.

In the story Yorinobu was pointing fingers at Militech to cause destabilization in Arasaka's power base.
They never showed V as the "murderer".

So no. Not "everyone" knows V from TV.

Nightcorp knows you because you used their terminals, both in the Maelstrom site and in the Peralez's house. Also, if you fix the giant TV in the Peralez's house, your optics glitch just like when you get the anonymous call

Aaaaah, but that's just it. The news never said it's V.

In the story Yorinobu was pointing fingers at Militech to cause destabilization in Arasaka's power base.
They never showed V as the "murderer".

So no. Not "everyone" knows V from TV.
:oops:
Just a joke about story conflict.
Yes Militech is accused as the big boss.
But V is also the merc, or agent.
Every fixer know V mess the big deal and lose man.
So maybe it's not really everyone, but at least every man in power.
And maybe they won't buy the story Yorinobu said, but they will think V is hired by him.

Everyone and his mother has V`s contact details and his location on the map.
that how some random people spam calling him all the time.
With exception of hostile NPCs

Guest 4400165

Wild speculation, but if it was an AI and not a simple virus it's possible that it fooled Vic into thinking he removed it. The AIs can disguise themselves according to the shards.
Yup, there was a gig (the Peralez's quest? I don't remember), where the internal med system shows no problems, and even random forced check shows nothing, but on consecutive checks it shows discrepancies.
Vic said he ran full swipe or system reset, so, of course, it got rid of anything that was there and it should remove any bugs or viruses.

Now, since we're all in our tinfoil hats here, if we put 2 and 2 together, it could be that the tracker is still inside V.

Another explanation - data privacy is already nonexistent today, and in that future, where people jack in to corporate owned systems and devices, it should be no problem at all to hack someone's system or get all their data, including internal medical system, which would show a plugged biochip inside the head.
Post automatically merged:

When you have your final meeting with Peralez, Blue Eyes can be seen on an adjacent building. You can't target him unfortunately.
Can't kill him either. I reached that balcony and threw a couple grenades - nothing.

Heard about this theory a lot on subreddit.

I really hope we will continue Vs story in a future expansion to find a cure and deep dive into the dark nightcorp abyss

Wild theory Mr. Blue Eyes is Morgan Blackhand! Considering also that ring thing maybe its a nightcorp or some sort of anti corp thing?

Guest 4400165

Wild theory Mr. Blue Eyes is Morgan Blackhand! Considering also that ring thing maybe its a nightcorp or some sort of anti corp thing?
NightCorp is kinda obvious thing - we've saved and then helped Sandra Dorsett, who was working on some behaviour-changing programs and, possibly, additional hint was given at the meeting with Jefferson Peralez - there is a huge NightCorp sign on the left.

I don't think its anyhow anticorp, not many people try to combat corps, only those connected to the main plot (Silverhand, Rogue, the Aldecaldos, and so on).

SPOILERS AHEAD!

Hello all, I'd like to add some of my input on the Mr. Blue Eyes/Night Corp theory.

During the Dream On quest, before confronting Peralez, V gets an ominous holo-call. His vision goes black and he is warned to not step out of line. The "Unknown Caller" knows of V, Johnny, and what their goals are. But we never find out how they know so much about V when he's kept it mostly a secret.

Enter Sandra Dorsett, the woman you save from the ice bath in the introduction mission. She works for Night Corp. She's also a netrunner who stole information about Nightcorp's tests with AI on the general public and possibly creating Cyberpsychosis.

During your rescue of Nightcorp's little turncoat, you jack into her neuroport and contract a virus. And it's right here, ladies and gentlemen, when "Nightcorp" officially owns you. (Nightcorp's in quotes for a reason. Read on.)

See, I don't think Sandra was "snatched off the streets" as T-Bug suggests. I think she was retired by Nightcorp after stealing the data from them. She was left for dead and injected with a tracking virus in hopes that her secret allies would come to pick her up (Wakako maybe?) and expose themselves to the virus. It wasn't meant for you, but they struck gold when V was the one that got infected. Sandra also cannot confirm how she ended up this way because, according to T-Bug, "She won't remember any of this...just a small scar on the subconscious."

Vik removed the virus later, (or did he?) but by then it was too late. Your ID was known, and after that, Nightcorp would know each and every time you jack into a terminal. All of those terminals are owned and managed by Ziggurat which basically owes its entire business to Night Corp.

I've heard several theories about Mr. Blue Eyes being anything from Mr. Night, a rogue A.I. or even Morgan Blackhand, but I don't think that question is important. It's clear that the man is only a proxy; completely expendable. We do not know who is connected to him and talking through him.
It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up dead in future DLC to prove it.

What I believe is important is his affiliation: Ziggurat.

Ziggurat came into the public eye in 2030, (7 years after Morgan Blackhand vanished) when it received a grant from Night Corp. to rebuild the city's (and eventually the world's) networks. Ziggurat is important here because rebuilding the world's network allows the A.I. to influence every major corporation across the globe, acting as a real-world extension of the A.I. beyond Blackwall.

I've not completed the game yet. (260 hours in and still exploring. :ohstopit: ) But I've had enough spoilers to know that we may end up in space. The venture is funded by Mr. Blue Eyes. Assuming I am right about Ziggurat, it's very possible that this is how they plan to infect previously inaccessible servers for the benefit of the A.I.

V, "The Fool", is just playing his part in the hand he's dealt and unwittingly helping the A.I.

View attachment 11141780
Fun side note:
When we find Sandra Dorsett again after her recovery, she's absolutely paranoid about Nightcorp finding her. She's got turrets protecting her, and doesn't like using the front door. None of that paranoia will help her though. She's going to get flatlined. (Assuming you didn't do it already.) If the Unknown Caller was right, and they know all about V and Johnny, then they also know about Sandra. And you led them right to her.
Appealing, but improbable, imho. Here's why.

Cyberpsychosis: it's not created, in its entirety as a phenomenon, by any entity. We have over a dozen examples indicating that cyberpsychosis can (and does) occur in characters by all signs insignificant to powers that be, and as a result of circumstances which would likely trigger "just normal psychosis" - no matter how much cyberware would be involved. Means, even if no corp would ever do a thing to "create" it - it'd still be a thing. Possibly not as widespread, but it'd still exist. And the game specifically mentions how faulty and/or disabled implants drive some of cyberpsychoes mad, too. It ain't hard to agree one would be extremely stressed to say the least if some crucial parts of their being go glitchy or simply stop to function.

Next, there is one strong counter-argument against the idea that malware V is infected from 1st contact with Sandra - is any "big league" software: "whole bunch and kaboodles". V describes the effects of it in this kind of way to Viktor when he asks about it. Now, compare this to say Vodoo Boys malware which can be detected only with the advice of NetWatch agent during that mainjob in Pacifica: sympthoms? None. Same with NetWatch malware if V gets it by agreeing to the agent's deal there: sympthoms? None. And it indeed makes no sense for any efficient spyware / "tracking virus" to reveal itself by all the effects Viktor describes to V. If it's Ziggurat spyware, then why it functions like some street-written buggy bunch of backdoors and hacks? Makes no sense, to me.

Then, it makes no sense for Ziggurat to use a tracking virus but dump Sandra into hands of (clearly uninvolved, based on what we see and hear) bunch of scavs. If he goal is to figure out her peers, then can't drop her to scavs as they may simply pick the gal apart very soon, with her brain and central nervous system permanently dead, nobody would jack into her (what for?). I mean, if they cared enough to inject her with some spyware, then wouldn't they want to keep her alive sufficiently long for her peers to show up? For Ziggurat scale, they clearly could just trap her in the net while keeping her body alive - we have examples in the game of exactly this sort, both main and side jobs.

Last but not least, there is much simpler explanation how "they" learn about Johnny / V: namely, during Dream On, V jacks in into SSI van, and while V is jacked in, we know some "they" do things to the van: namely, promptly erase sensitive data from it. My theory is that it is then V / Johnny gets injected and/or scanned for what their current situation is.

Now, about "who" are "they". On one hand, they have the power to blackout V's vision and force to drop him/her on all fours remotely. This is at least crippling power, or perhaps even direct remote control, over V's cyberware (eyes) and motor functions. Much like "reboot optics" and "cripple movement" quickhacks, right? On the other hand, they don't terminate V; instead, they bother to tell V this threat / warning. What this tells us?

IMO, it tells us that "they" see V as both a threat and as an asset, just in different affairs. Threat perhaps as in "V can ruin Peralez project", and asset perhaps in "getting Alt under control project", and/or in "taking out Mikoshi".

Which entity, then, would be wishing to keep Peralezes blissfully unaware about being, let's say, "guided", - but in the same time wish to keep V going about the plan to take out Mikoshi? Ziggurat? I doubt, those folks will do fine no matter who's the mayor and no matter if Mikoshi stands or not. Ziggurat is a megacorp and their goals are simple: profit. Eddies. Their networks span continents by 2077. What do they care who's the mayor of Night City is, and how just / fair he happen to be? As if it'd any much change the advertisement markets or say amount of network infrastructure the city needs? No motive.

NightCorp? "Warmer", those fellas, i think, could have some specific ends to be achieved by "puppet Night City mayor". But Alt / Mikoshi? Can't see NightCorp willing to step on Arasaka's toes big time, nor can't see them willing to try and meddle with Alt, too - seeing Alt managed to break from Arasaka and then operate under NetWatch nose for presumably decades (building Ghost City for Kang Tao, doing things in orbit, controlling within-the-Black-Wall BBSes, etc). Too big a fish for NightCorp, i think.

An A.I. or A.I. collective? More like it. Perhaps even Alt itself? At least, she _does_ want Mikoshi gone, and we know why. So i wouldn't be surprised at all if it's Alt itself who calls V, and who "speaks" through Blue Eyed Man. Could well be Alt's proxy. And naturally, it'd also explain how "they" - Alt - know about V / Johnny situation without the need to assume V gets hacked through SSI van.

But then, there is also another suspect: Militech. We know Militech wants to hurt Arasaka, big-time. Wiping out Mikoshi would be a serious blow. Plus, per wiki, "Peralez was embraced by the city's worker unions, some of which had close associations with the 6th Street gang, and there were cases of 6th Street using bribes and intimidation tactics to force citizens to vote for him", and then "By 2077, 6th Street was supplied by Militech and Kendachi".

Thus, to me, it's something like this, in order from most probable "they" to least probable:

- an A.I. (possibly, even Alt itself) or A.I. collective, especially seeing Johnny observes corresponding quirks in it all;
- Militech;
- NightCorp;
- Ziggurat.

If there is anything to rule out any of the above with any semblance of reasonable argument - then please explain how and why. Most curious.

Top Bottom