How to activate the Judy side missions?

+
I've reached the point in the game where "Gimme Danger" is the only main mission I'm working on, and in quite some time now I haven't had any update with the extra missions related to Judy. I did the first string of them, ending with helping Evelyn in the apartment, and I'm not sure if I simply still have to wait or if I'm doing something wrong, or if I've encountered a bug.
After reading around, the consensus seems to be that you should receive a text (or a call? I'm not sure) that will start the "Ex-factor" mission and begin the second string, but I've waited a pretty long time and nothing has come up. Calling Judy or visiting her apartment only leaves the same, used dialogue options that won't change.

While this isn't related to main missions, it's still a driving reason I made V the way I did so I could try to do all the romances eventually and it's why I picked the Street Kid backstory to go with it. It'll be pretty disappointing if my game is simply broken is this regard because I've spent considerable time in this and I'd like to do as many missions as I can. As is, I'm feeling pretty stuck and a bit hopeless lol.

If anyone has any info at all on how you've started the missions, or how they may be triggered, it would be really appreciated.

I have the same problem. Even had Johnny tell me she likes me. But never got the missions after the Evelyn side quests. I read somewhere else that someone was claiming you also have to advance the main story and/or be a big distance away from her apartment to trigger the next questlines. Even if you succeeded in making her like you. But no idea if that is true or not.

Judy's side missions aren't triggering for me either.

Out of curiosity have you also been slowing down main story progression as much as you can? Maybe you DO have to progress the main story as a trigger. Not sure if this is the case or not though.

Same problem. I believe that is a bug. Waiting for a hotfix. Before that I may slow my pace on main story.

I'm having the same issue, I have finished the 'Double Life' quest but Judy never calls me to do her sidequests. I have waited 24 real life hours, as well as multiple days in game. I have also done multiple gigs and side jobs, but I haven't progressed in the main story so I don't know if it is a bug or if we have to do something to prompt them. If anybody finds a solution to this, please help :)

Same problem. Finished "Both sides, now" about 30 gameplay hours ago. Done a lot of side quests, a couple of main quests - Judy never called. I found a possible solution on steam forums: they say you must not have any other romanceble character missions started for Judy to call you. I've already finished all Panam's missions, now doing River quests. I don't actually believe it will fix anything, I fear Judy's line is bugged for good for me. Real shame, not like I'm going to do a new play-through just for her.

Edit: finished River quests, skipped a couple of days, done a couple of jobs - still no call from Judy.

Last edited:
I am having the same issue for this quest. I have completed all but the Takemura main quest lines and still get nothing from Judy waited 24 and 48 hours but gotten nothing. I cannot get the first of her quest line to even trigger which is “Both Sides, Now”. She does not call me and I’ve tried calling her several times.

I’m on the Xbox One and this really sucks as she’s the only female character that can be romanced by a female V.

Please fix this.

Did you find a solution to Judy side quests ? I'm stuck at OP55N1 mission only left to do (no side missions left, already finished river and panam side quests). But in my case she doesnt contact me after pisces ( i didnt kill maiko just beat her up so it should progress). Well she doesn't answer phone nor opens the door to her flat. I tried calling everyone, waiting, doing side jobs ( im waiting at least 50 hours of raw gameplay). i even went for a 2 km in game walk to let the time pass but nothing happens.

Did you find a solution to Judy side quests ? I'm stuck at OP55N1 mission only left to do (no side missions left, already finished river and panam side quests). But in my case she doesnt contact me after pisces ( i didnt kill maiko just beat her up so it should progress). Well she doesn't answer phone nor opens the door to her flat. I tried calling everyone, waiting, doing side jobs ( im waiting at least 50 hours of raw gameplay). i even went for a 2 km in game walk to let the time pass but nothing happens.

Maybe you did something wrong earlier in the questline. I've played on 3 diff characters and it has never failed to trigger.

I don't know if its of any help but i had people telling me when u dont receive a call go to your apartment then skip 25 hours go outside your apartment save then load it chill there for a min it worked for me

Same problem. Finished "Both sides, now" about 30 gameplay hours ago. Done a lot of side quests, a couple of main quests - Judy never called. I found a possible solution on steam forums: they say you must not have any other romanceble character missions started for Judy to call you. I've already finished all Panam's missions, now doing River quests. I don't actually believe it will fix anything, I fear Judy's line is bugged for good for me. Real shame, not like I'm going to do a new play-through just for her.

Edit: finished River quests, skipped a couple of days, done a couple of jobs - still no call from Judy.

I completed all of Judy's side quests after already doing much of Panam & River's side quests, so there's no truth in that, from what I can tell. Just out of curiosity - I see a lot of people saying they have been "calling" Judy, but are you guys also checking/sending her text messages? I recall sometimes trying to randomly text her and finding that I had the option to do so.

Maybe you did something wrong earlier in the questline. I've played on 3 diff characters and it has never failed to trigger.
I'm 101% sure everything was done correctly so that is not the problem here, I'm sure.
Edit: When i think about it, I might have said: "Hiromi has to go" instead of clouds independency when talking to tiger claws bosses but do you think that might be the problem? Even if you let maiko take the seat and didnt accept her payment you will be able to finish her storyline.

I don't know if its of any help but i had people telling me when u dont receive a call go to your apartment then skip 25 hours go outside your apartment save then load it chill there for a min it worked for me
I will give it a try and if this will work i'll mention it.

Last edited:
I'm 101% sure everything was done correctly so that is not the problem here, I'm sure.

I will give it a try and if this will work i'll mention it.
Also just to clarify i did the judy side quest before i even approached takamura and the afterlife and right before the voo doo boys

Also just to clarify i did the judy side quest before i even approached takamura and the afterlife and right before the voo doo boys
Well i read that people had to progress takemura storyline to get the calls so i dont think thats the problem

Had no problem at all with mission that would not trigger. But i need to say i ( unintentionaly ) rushed the main mission that the "point of no return" screen pops up and warn you to no go further if you have unfinised business. From there i did all the rest of the game. So maybe its blocked until your main mission passes a certain point

Had no problem at all with mission that would not trigger. But i need to say i ( unintentionaly ) rushed the main mission that the "point of no return" screen pops up and warn you to no go further if you have unfinised business. From there i did all the rest of the game. So maybe its blocked until your main mission passes a certain point
im at that point already as i said in my first post the "nocturn OP55N1 " mission is exactly the mission where game warns you there is no turning back. But anyway thank you guys I'll quit this cyberbug and watch the ending with nomads i wanted to get anyway.

OK, so I was having this problem and I've just managed to trigger the mission "Both Sides Now" by following some of the advice above. I've completed past the mission where you rescue Evylin and I've contacted Mr Hands for the next mission but gone no further. I haven't progressed any of the other story missions. So to trigger the Judy side mission I went back to V's apartment, waited there 25 hours. Then I left the apartment and walked a little bit (not even to the elevator) and recieved a text from Judy. I responded to that asking about Evylin. Then I went back to the apartment, waited another 25 hours and then left the apartment, and Judy called, triggering Both Sides Now. Hope that helps.

I hadn't heard from Judy in ages but when I went back to Vik's for something then she rang... Could of been a coincidence.

Top Bottom