How to activate the Judy side missions?

+
I completed all of Judy's side quests after already doing much of Panam & River's side quests, so there's no truth in that, from what I can tell. Just out of curiosity - I see a lot of people saying they have been "calling" Judy, but are you guys also checking/sending her text messages? I recall sometimes trying to randomly text her and finding that I had the option to do so.
I definitely can't text her. I last texted her asking how was Evylin, she answered, than called about Evylin's death and I did "Both sides now" mission, and then - nothing. Her last message is "Gotta go".

Also tried going back to her apartment and reading messages on her terminal - no new messages.

Does anyone know, is there a console in this game? Or a save editor? Maybe there's a debug mode? There must be a way to trigger a mission somehow, cause testers must have means of doing that for testing, right?

Last edited:
I definitely can't text her. I last texted her asking how was Evylin, she answered, than called about Evylin's death and I did "Both sides now" mission, and then - nothing. Her last message is "Gotta go".

Also tried going back to her apartment and reading messages on her terminal - no new messages.

Does anyone know, is there a console in this game? Or a save editor? Maybe there's a debug mode? There must be a way to trigger a mission somehow, cause testers must have means of doing that for testing, right?

Try waiting or skipping the required time for the next mission (have a look at a walkthrough) then saving, quit out and restart the game. Also, make sure you're far away from her apartment (e.g. try being in Haywood). I had to do this to make each individual quest in Judy's chain trigger.

Anyone find a reliable way to trigger her side jobs? I still haven't managed to start the first one. I've played about 20 hours or so since recovering Evelyn to Judy's apartment.

I've tried everything mentioned here so far.

I've reached the point in the game where "Gimme Danger" is the only main mission I'm working on, and in quite some time now I haven't had any update with the extra missions related to Judy. I did the first string of them, ending with helping Evelyn in the apartment, and I'm not sure if I simply still have to wait or if I'm doing something wrong, or if I've encountered a bug.
After reading around, the consensus seems to be that you should receive a text (or a call? I'm not sure) that will start the "Ex-factor" mission and begin the second string, but I've waited a pretty long time and nothing has come up. Calling Judy or visiting her apartment only leaves the same, used dialogue options that won't change.

While this isn't related to main missions, it's still a driving reason I made V the way I did so I could try to do all the romances eventually and it's why I picked the Street Kid backstory to go with it. It'll be pretty disappointing if my game is simply broken is this regard because I've spent considerable time in this and I'd like to do as many missions as I can. As is, I'm feeling pretty stuck and a bit hopeless lol.

If anyone has any info at all on how you've started the missions, or how they may be triggered, it would be really appreciated.
I'm on PS5, I did Both Sides, Now and later got a text from Judy about Eve but the Ex-Factor quest didn't trigger. I then waited many in game hours, completed Lightning Breaks, Down On The Street and some side quests in the meantime, still no calls or texts. However, the next thing I did was debrief with Takemura about his plan at the beginning of the Gimme Danger quest. IMMEDIATELY once I finished talking to Takemura I got a call from Judy initiating the Ex-Factor quest. I'm assuming that main-story progression definitely plays an important piece.

I had issues with Both Sides Now not triggering. Looks like my call with Mr Hands was interrupted earlier in the game during the Voodoo Boys quest. I called Mr Hands and finished that conversation. After a couple quick side missions, Both Sides Now unlocked. Now Ex-Factor text hasn't triggered and calling Judy won't connect. I've finished the Act 2 story quests at this point. So I may have passed a time limit on that one. Still trying to figure it out, but hope this helps some of you who are stuck.

If you're following the Game Guide states that completing Double Life and then waiting 24 in game hours doesn't work.

See

It explains how to trigger it

this needs to be adressed by CDPR she is a main Character Path and i've done panam's and river's quests and haven't heard a word from judy. will try the suggestions.

If you're following the Game Guide states that completing Double Life and then waiting 24 in game hours doesn't work.

See

It explains how to trigger it

Just finished the mission that leads to meet Takemura and still no phone call. I've tried everything so far from waiting at the apartment to restating. I can't trigger it.

Edit: Got a call from Judy. Just don't finish Gimme Danger and pray she'll call you.

Last edited:
Add me to the list.

Judy's Ex-Factor quest is not triggering.

I'm up to the final main quest and have completed every side quest. I've tried skipping 25hrs (multiple times), sleeping, doing other quests and nothing works. This is simply broken.

My Delamain questline is also broken this playthrough, so I'm guessing the game didn't like the order in which I completed varying quests.

All these progression breaking bugs really make it hard to enjoy the game. I can deal with minor graphical glitches, not being able to pick up items, dying from taking a tiny fall, etc, but progression breaking bugs? No game should release in this condition, shameful for a AAA title. CDPR deserve all the flack they're copping, that's coming from a fan of their past work too.

I've reached the point in the game where "Gimme Danger" is the only main mission I'm working on, and in quite some time now I haven't had any update with the extra missions related to Judy. I did the first string of them, ending with helping Evelyn in the apartment, and I'm not sure if I simply still have to wait or if I'm doing something wrong, or if I've encountered a bug.
After reading around, the consensus seems to be that you should receive a text (or a call? I'm not sure) that will start the "Ex-factor" mission and begin the second string, but I've waited a pretty long time and nothing has come up. Calling Judy or visiting her apartment only leaves the same, used dialogue options that won't change.

While this isn't related to main missions, it's still a driving reason I made V the way I did so I could try to do all the romances eventually and it's why I picked the Street Kid backstory to go with it. It'll be pretty disappointing if my game is simply broken is this regard because I've spent considerable time in this and I'd like to do as many missions as I can. As is, I'm feeling pretty stuck and a bit hopeless lol.

If anyone has any info at all on how you've started the missions, or how they may be triggered, it would be really appreciated.

Hey fellas, I was having this problem for days, until I decided to try calling Judy. I played all her dialogue then hang up. Literally 5 minutes later she called me back starting her first side quest.

I'm pretty sure that just waiting after Double life isn't what triggers Judy's questline.
**Minor spoilers ahead**

I did Double Life pretty early and then did tons of sidequests and jobs plus slept in my apartment a bunch of times but still no call from Judy. Then I did the other main missions until the point when the quest where you need to call mr Hands is the only one left, but still no call from Judy.

Right after I called Mr Hands I got a text from Judy about Evelyn Parker and then a few game hours after that I got the call.

So I don"t think that just finishing Double Life and waiting is enough to trigger the call, I think yiu need to call mr Hands, reply to Judy's text and then wait some game hours tl get the call.

The important thing being that the text from Judy didn't trigger until I had called mr Hands.

DC9V

Forum veteran
Any idea how to solve this?
Judy doesn't call me back since a while, and I think it's a bug.

Something probably went wrong during "M'ap Tann Pélen" (when visiting the Voodoo Boys).
"Both Sides Now" started right after the "Transmission".
The chat that you can see on the screenshot started sometime during "M'ap Tann Pélen", probably when I left the area in order to upgrade my gear. It looks like the chat history is incomplete, which makes me think that it's a bug.

My guess is that I need to load an older save file and prevent the chat from being triggered.
Please let me know if there's a better solution.

JudyChatHistory.png

Last edited:
In short, you are on point of non-return and Judy does call you ?

Sadly, I can't really help you. For me, I always doing in this order, and I had no problems :
-I start with "Automatic Love" and related quests
-Then "Ghost Town" and related quests (Judy send me those message directly after)
-Then doing Goro's quests (after that, "Both Sides Now" start)
-And finally after VDB's quests, Judy call me for her plan.

DC9V

Forum veteran
In short, you are on point of non-return and Judy does call you ?
Not sure if I understand correctly. The problem is that she does not call me, since I have done the quest "Both Sides Now".
Ghost Town" and related quests (Judy send me those message directly after)
So you got the exact same messages from Judy, after the quest "Ghost Town"?
-Then doing Goro's quests (after that, "Both Sides Now" start)
-And finally after VDB's quests, Judy call me for her plan.
Does Goro's quests include "Nocturne OP55N1"? Because then I probably just need to complete that one.

So you got the exact same messages from Judy, after the quest "Ghost Town"?
Yes, directly after leaving the Sunset Motel "You find VDB ? Not yet, I was pretty busy... bla bla..."
Does Goro's quests include "Nocturne OP55N1"? Because then I probably just need to complete that one.
Nope, up to "Search and Destroy" ("OP55N1" is the point of no return).

I wait a little while between "Both Sides Now" and VDB's quests (Time to receive the message that Evy has a niche in the colombarium).

DC9V

Forum veteran
Yes, directly after leaving the Sunset Motel "You find VDB ? Not yet, I was pretty busy... bla bla..."

Nope, up to "Search and Destroy" ("OP55N1" is the point of no return).

I wait a little while between "Both Sides Now" and VDB's quests (Time to receive the message that Evy has a niche in the colombarium).
Ok thank you. I think I'm just going to skip her.

I made the experience that romance npcs sidequests usually trigger right when are on the run to move to a different questlocation.

DC9V

Forum veteran
Too sad :(
But maybe she will call you during the johnny's quests (Rogue/Kerry). I really hope :)
She still didn't call back and I'm running out of side quests...

Meanwhile I got a message from the support team:
"We're aware of this issue and we're currently looking into it, I apologize for the inconvenience."

I hope a patch can fix this without having to load an older save file...

Judy Bug.jpg

Top Bottom