How to be casual and still win some

+
How to be casual and still win some

So in this discussion I would like to talk about how to be casual and collect cards without losing all the time.

This is for people like me who are still on the fence about heavilly investing in a faction at the moment. Its about getting those daily's done and hoarding kegs while still being respectable.

Take the monsters starter deck.

Craft all 3 crones if you dont have them.

Craft Dudu (good against dwarf decks who buff a guy).

Nithral- many complain about him being squishy, can be great but you need to "sneak him in" at the right time. Dont put him first then frost..

Now, make sure you have all three wild hunt warriors and the three frost hounds and three biting frost. The starter gold cards are not optimal but cam still work.

Vs NG -monsters deck has good tempo, even with how good NG is you can win round 1 without going down in cards. This is key, win round 1 and then bleed them for all their cards in round 2. Save 1 crone for a 20 point finisher in round 3. Basically, dont let them rest, put them down to 1 card vs your crone for r3. You have lots of counters for things like rot tosser with decoy, raging bear (sp?), Triss, etc.

Dwarfs- I find this is a bit tougher matchup. Again push them hard round 1, try to remove the adrenaline dwarfs in round 2 with thunder and any weather thats left. Dudu can help you catch up if they buffed a dwarf. Finish with crones.

ST spell deck - sorry, you're SOL. I dont know how to beat this deck with starter monsters. They can win round 1 playing all 12 cards then you got the super buffed elves for r2 and 3. Any ideas are welcome..

NR reaver - unlike the others, make them use cards in round 1 but dont worry about winning it. If they use their reavers in r1 or 2 and you're still hanging around for round 3, you have a good chance. Use frosts early to ensure the NR player doesnt pass early r1, keep it close and make them use the reavers early is the key. Frost works well against them as the opponent tends to stack a row. Slip in Nithral at the right time to put a hurt on those reavers.

You should win over 50% even vs optimal decks

Top Bottom