How to Beat the Resilient Dwarfs Deck?

+
How to Beat the Resilient Dwarfs Deck?

Does anyone know a viable way to deal with the persistent dwarf deck? I mean except the other person drawing poorly I can't think of a viable way to deal with them, even (most) lock cards will make you lose a bunch of momentum.

When I played dwarves recently I would just win the first round, ignore the second round and then win the third. They tend to play most or all resiliency in the first round.

D-bomb, Mardroeme, Peter if playing Nilfgaard, Decoy for lock units or Peter, Gigni, Scorch, Borkh Villentretenmerth. I run all of them except the last two.

I personally enjoy killing Yarpen with Leo Bonhart right after he's played, provided I have a high enough unit in hand. :D

PS. Forgot Bekker's Twisted Mirror. It can be very good if you have low units. Also Renew for Gigni/Villentretenmerth, if you feel like it.

Last edited:
Dwarves have the big weakness that resilient units are limited, pick off them with Regis, G:Igni, Succubus (the former two can be Renewed to crippling effect), Scorch, Mardroeme, lock them once they are fat.

The real issue is when Ithlinne doubles an Adrenaline rush, in that case not much can be done except having CA so that your answer will come after Ithlinne.

Dont bother with locks against it, go for Scorch, Igni, Villen, Peter, ect, Make sure you win the first round, if you lose the first round you have No Hope.

D bomb is a nice tech these days. D bomb an elder, letho when eating their own, dwarfs, infantryman, even a spotter is ok value. Great of you can move them around first

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
KingPegasus;n9098100 said:
D bomb is a nice tech these days. D bomb an elder [...]

Elder, you say?

Spawn Unseen Elder. Deploy: Consume 3 Allies, but Strengthen instead of Boosting.

So, unless you have a Scorch/Igni/BTM, you're out of luck.

D-bombing Tibors is great. Often makes Tibor a negative strength silver. :D
Also great to use on Hjalmar, if you still run into him. D-bomb won me a game against Kambi today (though I'd also banished the Undvik with Letho).

On the subject of dorfs: Alzur's Thunder finds a fair amount of use in the current meta, and can also zap those pesky Defenders (or even Yarpens that haven't been pulled by ADC/Barclay) before they can get buffed.

Top Bottom