How to change decoctions / swap decoction abilities

+
Does anyone know what files I need to be looking at to change what individual decoctions do? In the effects_mutagens xml, I see a damage increase for water hag (mutagen05effect) but I know that water hag decoction only offers that damage increase when vitality is maxed. So where would that vitality requirement code be found? The cockatrice decoction has no entry at all in the effects_mutagens abilities file, so where do I find the code that provides an additional use for all alchemy items?

Basically, I'm looking to swap the effects of a few decoctions and then completely redefine a few others. I have never needed the "mounts never panic" ability and would like to make the nekker decoction do something else instead, like increase maximum toxicity or instant kill chance. But in the effects file, I only see a reference to attack power (presumably referencing the "added attack power when mounted") but there is no mention of mounts not panicking. Similarly, the werewolf decoction entry in the effects xml is blank...no abilities mentioned at all. So where is it getting Geralt's infinite stamina ability from?

Any help in understanding how the decoctions code works so that I can make these changes would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
To follow up on this, I would, for example, really like to change the werewolf decoction to provide infinite stamina in combat. Does anyone know how that would be done? I've searched through all of the scripts for Mutagen24 and the only result that looks like it has actual ability parameters is this:

Code:
        if(action == ESAT_LightAttack && CanUseSkill(S_Sword_1) )
            cost += GetSkillAttributeValue(SkillEnumToName(S_Sword_1), attributeName, false, true);
        else if(action == ESAT_HeavyAttack && CanUseSkill(S_Sword_2) )
            cost += GetSkillAttributeValue(SkillEnumToName(S_Sword_2), attributeName, false, true);
        else if ((action == ESAT_Sprint || action == ESAT_Jump) && thePlayer.HasBuff(EET_Mutagen24) && !thePlayer.IsInCombat())
        {
            cost.valueAdditive = 0;
            cost.valueBase = 0;
            cost.valueMultiplicative = 0;
        }

But that seems to be related to combat so I'm not sure what it has to do with the werewolf decoction. However, that's the only code related to the werewolf decoction that seems to be anything more than a general ID. If anyone can help me out here, I would so appreciate it!

Top Bottom