How to counter Eredin

+
How are you suposed to Counter Eredin + Ozzrel or Eredin+ Mourntart combo?
Because if there's no way to counter this 15-20 Power card combos with IMMUNE i will defenetly join the CANCER REALM and be part of this shit.

Thanks

I usually play aggressive in R1, and try to bleed in R2, so they might be forced to use their win cons earlier, making them vulnerable for R3. You also have the option of playing Yrden.

I usually play aggressive in R1, and try to bleed in R2, so they might be forced to use their win cons earlier, making them vulnerable for R3. You also have the option of playing Yrden.
What you mean with Bleed? Thanks...i will try to fit Yrden into my deck

^
The above covers it.

In general if I don't have a way to handle this type of stuff I play the, "I'm not passing.", game. Go hard R1. Even if down a card bleed R2 if possible to force out the leader. It can often be a necessity against other leaders with powerful, single-use abilities as well. Harald and Emhyr immediately come to mind.

What you mean with Bleed?

Bleed, as in take R1 and play into R2 to force specific cards/abilities out or a shorter R3.

^
The above covers it.

In general if I don't have a way to handle this type of stuff I play the, "I'm not passing.", game. Go hard R1. Even if down a card bleed R2 if possible to force out the leader. It can often be a necessity against other leaders with powerful, single-use abilities as well. Harald and Emhyr immediately come to mind.

Bleed, as in take R1 and play into R2 to force specific cards/abilities out or a shorter R3.
I'm still a newbie so....what i usually do, and i screw up is the following:

I usually get 15 points ahed, and eventho i can still win, i PASS, so i can force my self to have 1 or 2 plus cards then my opponent.....am i doing it right?

rrc

Forum veteran
I do that and in R3, they draw SpearTips (Sleeping and Old) and a Thrive Unit. While I draw, Dragoon, Healer, and some s**t. So, Eredin (and even WLS) will know that no matter how big of a difference the opponent has, they wont PASS and keep playing (because the opponent will need to have the last say if they even think of winning). So, Eredin simply keeps playing deploying his low units (BTW, there are NO bad units for MO. Everything is an engine or very tall units. All their 4 or 5 provision cards are super strong). The only way to keep up with that is to use all your good cards in R1 and R2. And in R3, when you get low power engines, they can simply put SpearTips and there is no way you can win if you are an ST player. The only way an ST player can win is through a long round irrespective of Elf or Dwarf. In short rounds all their 'good' cards are shite. Milva, Gabor, Isengrim, Yeavin, Zoltan, and all the various Dwarfs which act on number of Dwarfs on the board.. So, an ST player can win ONLY if in R2, they win. In short R3, ST sucks (may be Francesca can do Aglais and try to match, but all the others just simply suck). And to bleed R2, they would go one card down in R1 (at least) and just pray to God that the opponent hasn't drawn the no-brainy high point swing tall units in R2. Which rarely ever happens.

So, as an ST player we have only two options. Just know that they are going to lose and play for dailies or switch to other factions preferably SK or MO.
Post automatically merged:

How are you suposed to Counter Eredin + Ozzrel or Eredin+ Mourntart combo?
Because if there's no way to counter this 15-20 Power card combos with IMMUNE i will defenetly join the CANCER REALM and be part of this shit.

Thanks
BTW, couple of days ago, I played Fracesca and faced Eredin and I had Lacrate in my hand. I realised it was Mountard Eredin. So I played without using Francesca in R1 and R2 to enter in to a short R3 and when Eredin Immuned Mountard, I did double Lacrate and won the game. I had even recorded it as a video. Such a nice feeling!

Last edited:
I do that and in R3, they draw SpearTips (Sleeping and Old) and a Thrive Unit. While I draw, Dragoon, Healer, and some s**t. So, Eredin (and even WLS) will know that no matter how big of a difference the opponent has, they wont PASS and keep playing (because the opponent will need to have the last say if they even think of winning). So, Eredin simply keeps playing deploying his low units (BTW, there are NO bad units for MO. Everything is an engine or very tall units. All their 4 or 5 provision cards are super strong). The only way to keep up with that is to use all your good cards in R1 and R2. And in R3, when you get low power engines, they can simply put SpearTips and there is no way you can win if you are an ST player. The only way an ST player can win is through a long round irrespective of Elf or Dwarf. In short rounds all their 'good' cards are shite. Milva, Gabor, Isengrim, Yeavin, Zoltan, and all the various Dwarfs which act on number of Dwarfs on the board.. So, an ST player can win ONLY if in R2, they win. In short R3, ST sucks (may be Francesca can do Aglais and try to match, but all the others just simply suck). And to bleed R2, they would go one card down in R1 (at least) and just pray to God that the opponent hasn't drawn the no-brainy high point swing tall units in R2. Which rarely ever happens.

So, as an ST player we have only two options. Just know that they are going to lose and play for dailies or switch to other factions preferably SK or MO.
Post automatically merged:

BTW, couple of days ago, I played Fracesca and faced Eredin and I had Lacrate in my hand. I realised it was Mountard Eredin. So I played without using Francesca in R1 and R2 to enter in to a short R3 and when Eredin Immuned Mountard, I did double Lacrate and won the game. I had even recorded it as a video. Such a nice feeling!
I had a gorgeous feeling just now agaisnt a NILFGARD ARTIFACT DECK.....got completed destroyed at R3 with 9 cards each....looks like that also vs Nilfgards we need 10 cards that are to remove Artifacts jeez. I swear, i dont know, how there's a SCOIATEL player at top 50 PRO ladder, i swear

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually get 15 points ahed, and eventho i can still win, i PASS, so i can force my self to have 1 or 2 plus cards then my opponent.....am i doing it right?

Kind of a tough question to answer :). It depends on the coin result, match-up, draws, mulligans, etc.

I'd advise against conceding R1 on a whim. Last say is too important. Dictating the length of R2 is too important. The only real exception is if you have to go down 2 cards to take R1 or regain the lead. Ideally you don't allow this scenario to develop (pass before it develops). Sometimes it happens. Usually because you get so far behind you cannot catch up.

Not sure what you mean... I haven't had huge issues vs Eredin with my current ST deck. Big Woodlands is a bit more hit or miss but beatable.

I use CA and Rot Tosser - it works very well on every "immune" unit.

Rot tosser is so easily countered. You can play any card you want between rot tosser and your immune unit making rot tosser not that great of a card anymore. Use to destroy the lowers unit or something like that. Now it destroys the unit to the left so easily countered. Can be moved, can be targeted and destroyed, can play a card in-between, can be locked, etc. etc. Tons of counters to it.

Lexor

Forum veteran
Rot tosser is so easily countered.

It's not when I have CA (as I mentioned). When I have two cards in hand (RT and Isbel) and my opponent has only one I play Isbel. If she is not countered (and in most cases she is not) then (after opponent passes) I use Isbel ability, play RT and just watch how easily any immune card burns.

I find bleeding the opponent in round 2 to be a pretty universally strong strategy.

Hey, I play Eredin a lot, and how to counter him depends a little on what sort of Eredin you're against, but generally pushing R1 is the way to go.

Both Ozzrel and Mourntart are hard-countered by non-targeted removal/debuff (Yrden, Igni, Scorch), and these sorts of cards are enabled by winning R1. Bleeding R2 against Mourntart may be risky - Monsters have pretty good tempo and a Mourntart player actually wants as many cards in their graveyard as they possibly can. ST have a very good counter to Mourntart in their flagship card, Schirru - aim for a 4-pointer.

Old style Eredin Ge'els you don't see much these days, but these decks have tempo issues in rounds where Ge'els is not present, so we end up with the same advice: push round 1, try and force out Ge'els or more deathwish units in round 2.

Top Bottom