How to deal with Eithne special cards deck?

+
How to deal with Eithne special cards deck?

So, IDK if you guys coutered one of these, but the idea is spam all controlling special cards, like weather, scorch, thunders epidemic etc. Dont run single unit and with some golds win round first. In secound round just pass, in third roundn crush enemy with 20+ power Dol Blathanna protectors (and summon them with Rally or Alzur´s double cross, so more points and since they are only units in deck, 100% chance). For these who havent seen it yet it may sound silly, but it works.

Question is how to beat them? I put Regis in my deck just to counter this cancer, but sadly no luck with Regis on hand when I face Eithne spell´s deck. I have no other ideas what might work.

// ok, so they beat me again, even when I had Regis. Enemy just used dragon and d-shacke on my 23 point Regis and it was done... I bet mirror of these deck must be really fun.

Last edited:
I would love to know it too. I do not know if the deck is balanced or OP, but one thing is certain, whenever I am facing one of them, I do not have any fun. There shouldn't be any zero-sum fun matchup in the game IMO, where one player can't utilize any synergy in his own deck because everything gets removed.

Since they have no units of the board you will always be ahead by points until they do their Saskia and leader combo or play their protectors. Even if they weather your board just keep playing more cards until they are forced to play their protector in round 1 or pass themselves. That deck absolutely needs to take round one If you can take round 1 then just bleed them out in round 2 and pass once they play the dragon/another protector. Even if you lose round 1 but force them to play a protector in the 1st round as long as you have a scorch or strength reset in round 3 you have a decent chance of winning.

Basically nilfgaard (which everyone is running now) counters this deck quite well as Peter can reset their protectors and spies block their epidemics. Regis helps a lot too.

Try to win round 1 by whatever mean necessary. Once opponent insta conceded the moment he realized he couldn't win round 1 (despite the weather spam).

They're quite possible to beat. Go all in round 1, bleed them as much as possible round 2 provided you win (even down to the last card in either rounds) --> claim the win.

It's hard to say when we don't know which deck you run, but as a general rule... All in in r1. If they enter r3 with 3 cards, they can never put value down aside from Villen.

Would actually even say it's an easy match-up.. you know exactly how to mulligan as you know exactly what you will face.

Play gold cards, deathwish cards, shielded cards etc can stall quite well. I saved a mirror and scotch for last round and it kinda killed them...

all u need to do is to win round 1. try not to use all ur gold cards. when Eithne looses round 1 she is in big trouble. thats how i beat her at last work 80% of times. 20%time i loose is really bad draws, its basicly free win for most of decks..

It's a very tough deck to use.

To beat it bleed their cards in round 1 and win round 1. Continue to bleed in round 2 and, since they have to win round 2, they'll have to use at least one of their DBP cards. Once this deck losses round 1 it's in trouble.

Auto forfeit. Even if my winrate was 95% against them I doubt I'd stick around long in a game that promotes this idiotic, tedious and bland game play.

DanielSens;n8782730 said:
I am having problems as well with these decks. I need a perfect hand to have a chance against them.

As a Nilfgaardian player I did not fave many problems. I confirm all pieces of advice given here: Win round 1, milk round 2, use Gigni + Peter to kill their protectors.
Also, only because of this deck I carry Cintia. I laughed so hard when I played her and she revealed "the strongest unit" of 30 points and got buffed by 30. That's hilarious.
Once enemy played this unit I used peter to reset it. Easy win.

I use this stat often. It's very satisfying to epidemic a 8+ card i cannot lie.

Special cards in general are fun to use.

Bite me.

Alts-Gamer;n8788080 said:
As a Nilfgaardian player I did not fave many problems. I confirm all pieces of advice given here: Win round 1, milk round 2, use Gigni + Peter to kill their protectors.
Also, only because of this deck I carry Cintia. I laughed so hard when I played her and she revealed "the strongest unit" of 30 points and got buffed by 30. That's hilarious.
Once enemy played this unit I used peter to reset it. Easy win.

I used to play QG-Skellige. I don't see what to craft or how to play against them with my current deck. Scoiatael and NG is quite strong against them.

DanielSens;n8790380 said:
I used to play QG-Skellige. I don't see what to craft or how to play against them with my current deck. Scoiatael and NG is quite strong against them.

Well, in your case I would advise to include several guys who are able to restore power of units to the left(right?) of him. You just play him on the weather row and he resets units' strength.
Another thing is to play those broken Brokvar archers. If you place several of them in a row they will get buffed in weather instead of being damaged lol. The one in between receives +1 from each adjacent unit and gets damaged by 1 if it is frost. It is +1. Two adjacent guys receive +1 and are damaged by 1 it is 0. So, they are pretty strong against weather.

Save a scorch for round three. Use some golds to weather out round 1 etc.. just need to Mulligan wisely knowing they will play just roach on round 1 plus 2 gold (leader and saskia), and 3 of that common thing at about 15 ish.. one scorch will kill them all.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I really hate those guys too, but i had no problem defeating them so far. The ones i faced dont worry with CA, so at the end they throw their little buffed units and i reset the sh*t out of them, or show them how awesome my Premium Villentretenmerth is.

Yesterday i crafted a Eithné special deck myself but was nothing like those, tried to focus on Weather since i just obtained Aeromancy. Still, it has like 10 bronze/ silver units, i love those elf riders that buff the cards in your hand.

Top Bottom