How to draw card?

+
How to draw card?

how i draw card ? over 25 card games and im losing all, just for the reason im left without any cards while my opponent keep put more and more even on 3rd round... and i just start the game.

i start a match:

seems like im winning the first round:

start of round 2 and im already out of cards:

and ofc my opponent wins due to unlimited amount of cards ( as it seems to be ):

what im i doing wrong? all youtube videos about the card game shows by advanced players with sick decks...

how i draw card ? over 25 card games and im losing all, just for the reason im left without any cards while my opponent keep put more and more even on 3rd round... and i just start the game.

i start a match:

seems like im winning the first round:

start of round 2 and im already out of cards:

and ofc my opponent wins due to unlimited amount of cards ( as it seems to be ):

what im i doing wrong? all youtube videos about the card game shows by advanced players with sick decks...

Okay. It seems that you haven't read through the tutorial at all.

The cards you draw at the beginning of the game are the ones you use throughout. The deck you have in reserve are used in case you win a round and draw one card(Northern Realms Perk), or revive dead/used cards with medic cards from your deck. Then you have cards that summon cards of the same type from the deck. You simply do not draw a new suit of cards for every round. You simply wasted all of them in one go.

I see that in the last screen that the CPU player had THREE Medic cards. That means that he can revive three old cards from the used deck. And you only had two. A Spy and Yarpin. Yarpin isn't very strong, but a spy card allows you to draw two new cards from your deck, but that wasn't enough against your opponent's strong medic deck. He saved the best cards for last. Very good play from the opponent.

P.S I apologize for sounding like an arse. I'm simply not good at typing in anything but a frank/to the point way. I need to learn some more...hmm.

Last edited:
Some tips
1st : you cannot win all the rounds, so stop trying to play all your cards. Start with spies (cards with eye symbol) then try to trick the opponent.
2nd: at the very beginning of the match use the 2 cards redraw to get rid of double cards. For example there's no reason to keep 2 fogs at the start of the game.
3rd: try to play your cards considering the opponent's deck. Nilfgaard is spy/medic heavy so decoys are very important against it. Biting frost is fundamental against monsters.

Come on guys, go easy on the guy he is just starting out!

Here are some general pointers that would really help you as a new player and a brief tutorial for Gwent are as follows;

Gwent is always best 2 out of three games, the cards you draw at the beginning are all the card you get for all subsequent rounds, unless you play special cards like Spies or use Leader card special abilities, or redraw them from you discard pile with healing cards. The Northern Realms faction also has an incredibly useful ability to draw a single card when you win a round.

Also do not use to many weather cards, having left over weather cards you cannot play is a common mistake. Better to have to many unit cards then to many weather cards.

Use your decoy cards, you should have three after white orchard. Use them liberally to steal spy cards played on you and if no spy cards are in play use them if you loosing a round, re-group so to speak and force your opponent to have to either play a card or pass a round.

Depending on the faction your playing, get used to its strengths and weaknesses. You will learn soon enough, but as an example if you playing against a monster deck realize most of the attack will come from the melee row, the front row. So load up on weather cards damaging the front row, ice attacks.

Don't give up on the game it gets very exciting and fun to play, and finding new cards is a real blast.

Lastly try different faction, you might really like certain faction/leader abilities more then others.

If you loose a lot you probably need a better deck which will happen as you explore the world, but remember even the best decks sometimes get really bad draws, so no deck is invincible.

i guess i will try more and more until i learn this card game.... to complicated :(
ty for your advices i will try my best by trying them.

until i have your replay i made my self forum avatar :p

and a new signature :p :

Attachments

• 3o85xDEBoRXrKo0NWM.gif
    3o85xDEBoRXrKo0NWM.gif
    16.1 KB · Views: 52
  • giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    102.7 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Your deck appears weak. I have not been playing long but the lowest value card I have is +5, get rid of the cards worth just 2 or 3. Also, I find that weather cards become less effective as you go on because they don't affect hero cards and your opponent may be able to clear them anyway. You started your game with 2 fog cards, you should have swapped at least one out in my view.

Whilst you're playing the first round, think whether it is worth winning it. You will always be able to win it really but the cost may be too great and it may be better to sacrifice the first round so that you have a clear advantage for the following two.

play qwent from the beginning of the game to learn it. Buy cards from innkeepers and merchants also play random merchants and craftsmen to win better cards and build a stronger deck. Some opponents will just have a much better deck than you so you will not be able to beat them early on. A soon as you have some decoy's, medic, spies and the Foltest leader card that clears weather you ll be pretty much unbeatable relatively early early in the game with the northern realms deck. When you are still weak always give a round up using shitty cards or taking some cards back with decoys while your opponent plays his best cards.

A good trick is passing the first round without throwing any card.

Well, not exactly. You should try to draw out some good cards from the opponent first. Especially against Monsters and Scoia'tael you should try to coax out the muster cards.

Using spy cards in the first round is a very good start, if you have any. If the opponent uses spy cards and you have decoys, grab the spies and use them yourself.

The next phase is to put out some low cards, so the opponent needs to keep playing. If you have decoys left, you can take back some played cards (there are 3 decoys found in the game).

If the opponent passes without a lot of points, grab the round, if you can afford it. If not, pass yourself and try to beat him in the second and third round, when you hopefully have amassed enough good cards. :)

Last edited:
Well, not exactly. You should try to draw out some good cards from the opponent first.

Using spy cards in the first round is a very good start, if you have any. If the opponent uses spy cards and you have decoys, grab the spies and use them yourself.

The next phase is to put out some low cards, so the opponent needs to keep playing. If you have decoys left, you can take back some played cards (there are 3 decoys found in the game).

If the opponent passes without a lot of points, grab the round, if you can afford it. If not, pass yourself and try to beat him in the second ans third round, when you hopefully have amassed enough good cards. :)

Yes, that too, OC ;)

It's better to lose the 1st round in the beginning as most opponents will pass pretty quickly come the 2nd round. I tend to not include fog cards or rain cards in my deck and if you're using the northern deck, I wouldn't pick the clear weather card either as the 2nd leader card does that job. Biting frost is really the only weather card you should be using. As people have said, use your spy cards first round, even if it means losing because like i said, the 1st round should be regarded as a throwaway round. For some bizarre reason, the AI would burn through its entire deck to win the 1st round if it had to more often than not.

These are the cards I opt for

x2 Scorch
x2 Biting frost
x3 Decoy
x2 Horn

Any more is usually at the expense of either getting decoy cards, spies or strong/special unit cards. As i collect better cards, I discard the weakest unit and replace it with the stronger card. Try to keep your unit deck at the minimum of 22 (the above cards like scorch etc aren't unit cards), so you're more likely to get the unit cards you need and would want. No need to have a deck of 33 and having over 10 useless 1-5 power cards. 1-5 medic and spy cards aren't useless, so keep them.

Last edited:
Some tips
1st : you cannot win all the rounds, so stop trying to play all your cards. Start with spies (cards with eye symbol) then try to trick the opponent.
I win all rounds with a strength 135 deck(NorthernRealms) spies, decoy, medic, scorch, frost, hero cards=win.

I basically never used weather cards. In the early games I would use Foltest's weather clearing ability when I was evenly matched. The keys are to play spies, spies and more spies in the first round. Use decoys to scoop and replay your opponents spies. After the spyfest you will hopefully have a lot of cards. The opponent will sometimes throw the first round unexpectedly - you can then decide if you want to burn cards to take the win or just let him have it. In round 2 have at it with heros but be sure to have a few non-hero cards in your discard pile for round three and your medics. Wait as long as possible to use Foltest's clear weather in case your opponent has multiple weather cards. Basically, use spies and medics to get a higher effective card count than your opponent and you can't lose. Although I should say, some of the monster deck opponents could be just amazing. They key with them is mainly to get them to dump a large number of cards in the first round, then pass. Don't pass too soon or they may still beat you.

Honestly, by the time I got to the final tournament I'd figured out how to play well enough and had a good enough deck that I didn't lose a single match (but it did take me 5 or 6 tries to win the damn boxing match). I just got the final cards for Collect'em All tonight - turns out there was an innkeeper in Faroe I missed so all I had to do was visit him and buy his cards and I was done.

I has a sad now. Gwent is over. :(

Top Bottom