How to edit subtitle files?

+
How to edit subtitle files?

Greetings. I wanna edit subtitle files in order to translate my own language. How can i open and edit?

anybody knows it? please, help me out! you finished the game but turkish people didn't yet. because game hasn't turkish subtitle. which is why me and my group are translating w3. thing is we cant unpack subtitle files. cam you help us?

thank you kindly. downloaded but i couldn't work. actually edit some sentence in w3string files but didn't appear in game. what's wrong? by the way in which folder i create modTrasnlate folder?

thank you kindly. downloaded but i couldn't work. actually edit some sentence in w3string files but didn't appear in game. what's wrong? by the way in which folder i create modTrasnlate folder?

First try with one file, I don't know how to do this with more this way.

...\Witcher 3 directory\Mods\modTranslate\content\en.w3strings - if this will work, try this:

...\Witcher 3 directory\Mods\modTranslate\content\contentX\en.w3strings and ...\Witcher 3 directory\Mods\modTranslate\content\contentY\en.w3strings

another way to do it is just replace original .w3strings file (witcher 3 directory/content/contentX/xyz.w3strings) - make a backup before doing this

Hello, can I edit cut scene subtitle? I edited dialogues but cannot find cut scene subtitle anywhere. I only see the .subs file from W3Edit but I don't know how to encode it.

hi i am translating the game to greek lang, I have translated everything but one thing, the day and month of a saved game in the save and load menu...does anyone know where i can find those files?

Hello.

Is there anyway to change only the subtitles and keep the menu in another language? For example:

Playing the game with voices and menu in French and the subtitles in English. I'm asking that because I'm currently learning French and, while it is great to have the menu in French, I can't understand the subtitles yet.

Thanks!

Top Bottom