How to get Enhanced Edition of The Witcher for free!

+
Cheiron said:
Cheiron said:
I noticed a few people posting a problem once they started the installation and are getting an error after verifying their registration. The error addresses a missing Language pack.I was getting that same error and finally realized that, even though both files were in the same directory, they HAD to be moved to the MAIN DIRECTORY of THe Witcher in order to successfully install. Once I moved those files to the main directory of The Witcher, AND, once the remote servers started working again, I was able to get the upgrade installed without further problems.
Strange. This was absolutely not necessary for me. I had all the downloaded files in a temporary folder on a completely different drive, and it still worked.
It's quite possible that the only real file I needed to place into The Witcher directory was the Language Pack. That's what the installer could not find and I was going through an infinite loop of trying to install the game. it not finding the language pack and telling me I had to install that first. Then the language pack would tell me I needed to install the TWEE upgrade first....ad infinitum...until I moved the files into The Witcher folder.

DyreStraits said:
DyreStraits said:
just paste it anywhere in main withcer folder? thanxNo, just move the downloaded files to the main directory of The Witcher. You do not have to make another folder within The Witcher folder.
DyreStraits said:
Oh, one final warning: make sure you have at least 3GB of free space on C:\ (or wherever you have The Witcher installed). The installer will ask for at least 1GB, but during the update process, it needs at least 2.5GB (for temporary files).
I don't have 3 gb, it's full, but I do have another hard disk...if I copy paste all the witcher folders to the empty hard disk, is it going to be alright, or do I have to re0install the game to the empty hard disk? thanx again guys for the help
Can you not just move other content/data from the System Hard Drive to the empty hard drive? Wouldn't that be a more logical solution? If you have loads of pics/videos, etc on your main HDD, just move those over to make more room.[/QUOTE]O compressed it and have space now, thanx... I am downloading the language now

when I download the new adventures, I do tha same? copy-paste them to the main witcher directory?

LordSullivan said:
Can't download, all I get is the website loop issue. It sucks really.
The Enhanced Edition patch is now hosted by most biggest download sites - and generally comes only with one language pack and new adventures. If you encounter any problems with sciagnij.pl please check those alternatives :). We hope it will help.
LordSullivan said:
LordSullivan said:
LordSullivan said:
So I do have to register in order to install Enhanced Edition? Or can I install it without registering, I don't have CD key, I bought it in Canada like last year and I see it has no CD key. Can some one help me get one so I can register?
Yeah, right. 99.9% of the time, you can't buy a used PC game with a key. I suggest you actually go out and buy the game.
I did Buy the game, I actually have the box, It's just for some reason in Canada the game Never came with a CD key which i need.
Please contact Atari US in order to get a registration code.

ok help help help ^^I downloaded the EE Upgrade from 4players and the German Language pack from Rapidshare and when I want to install it says that I have the wrong Language Pack...hm.I would download this pack again, but I found NO other Source in the web and I download from your server with 3 to 9 kb/s.

Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet - I purchased the box copy of the Witcher after struggling with the download. So it is the second copy I have brought, but I view it as fair play for the work done on the game. This way they is more chance of another "Witcher" in the future. Also, I felt a bit guilty after telling them to shove their enhanced edition. I was frustrated with all my attempts at the download and by the non appearance of TV on the Radio on Later with Jools Holland !

XKL1 said:
ok help help help ^^I downloaded the EE Upgrade from 4players and the German Language pack from Rapidshare and when I want to install it says that I have the wrong Language Pack...hm.I would download this pack again, but I found NO other Source in the web and I download from your server with 3 to 9 kb/s.
I found that somehow some language packs spreaded throughout the internet are too small and may not work properly. Actually, I'm trying downloading German pack from our site right now and it goes around 400-500 kb/s so go for it :).
XKL1 said:
Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet - I purchased the box copy of the Witcher after struggling with the download. So it is the second copy I have brought, but I view it as fair play for the work done on the game. This way they is more chance of another "Witcher" in the future. Also, I felt a bit guilty after telling them to shove their enhanced edition. I was frustrated with all my attempts at the download and by the non appearance of TV on the Radio on Later with Jools Holland !
No problem mate. We know that it's normal to get frustrated and we really did our best to deliver you EE - we haven't skipped on our mistakes - and the same as with the original game there's always room for improvements. :) And if there is an opportunity to reduce number of frustrated guys, we'll be on it. Seriously, releasing the Enhanced Editon patch along with other goodies was as far as I know the biggest project like this in Polish internet. We have received feedback that there are some problems with bandwidth for people in US so we responded... which resulted in overloading bandwidth of TP SA - Polish biggest internet and telecommunications services provider ;). We know that with so huge interest on the game there have been some problems with downloading but it is still getting better and better, with faster download speed from our servers, some alternative servers throughout the internet and our neverending support :). We are not leaving you without help provided and working constantly to increase the number of your happy faces to maximum :).Cheers,

Thx for the response man,I am downloading from your server again, but maybe you can give me some kbs/sec from your 400 - 500 ^^Joking beside, I download now with a variable rate from 38 to 65 kb/s.I hope it works when it is done!

I'd like to thank all the efforts the guys of CDprojekt have done with the development and customer care. Specialy I'd like to highly appreciate that you have offered the chance to download the enhanced edition to everyone that bought the premiere edition, it's a thing that other developers or companies wouldn't had done ever. Really, really thak you all and keep n the good work!

ScoiataelDNL said:
when I download the new adventures, I do tha same? copy-paste them to the main witcher directory?
The files only need to be in the same directory if you install them at the same time as the patch.If you install them separately at a later time, then it doesn't matter where the files are.

I have a problem getting the 1.4 patch working. When I try to install it, it starts loading it like any patch, I hear the hard drive working just fine but then I get this error:>setupnew\setup.cpp (138)PAPP:pVENDOR:pGUID:$@Windows XP Service pack 2 (2600) Non IE/Netscape 11.0I have tryed downloading this patch from different sources (torrent, your polish site, etc.) The file size is the correct 909 mb, (though .exe file doesn't have a witcher icon like the language pack does).Could somebody help me to resolve this problem? :)Thanks!

Cheiron said:
Cheiron said:
The files only need to be in the same directory if you install them at the same time as the patch.If you install them separately at a later time, then it doesn't matter where the files are.
thanx a lot man!!! :peace:

Rillukka said:
I have a problem getting the 1.4 patch working. When I try to install it, it starts loading it like any patch, I hear the hard drive working just fine but then I get this error:>setupnew\setup.cpp (138)PAPP:pVENDOR:pGUID:$@Windows XP Service pack 2 (2600) Non IE/Netscape 11.0I have tryed downloading this patch from different sources (torrent, your polish site, etc.) The file size is the correct 909 mb, (though .exe file doesn't have a witcher icon like the language pack does).Could somebody help me to resolve this problem? :)Thanks!
I'll have the same problem. I have windows XP SP3 installed, maybe that's the problem?? ??? I'll wait a bit before i remove SP3 and reinstall SP2.

kayabo said:
kayabo said:
I'll have the same problem. I have windows XP SP3 installed, maybe that's the problem?? ??? I'll wait a bit before i remove SP3 and reinstall SP2.
No, I Have Windows XP with service pack 2. Doesn't work... Tryed to download the patch with multiple download managers too...

same problem as you, guys. Just letting you know you're not alone :) I am on Windows XP SP3, have downloaded the patch from multiple sources, unfortunately with the same error message as you. Need help!>SetupNew\setup.cpp (138)PAPP:pVENDOR:pGUID:$@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) Non IE/Netscape 11.0

Ok, it took me some time but it's finished now.After installing I still had this problem with mss32.dll error message. Luckily I found a fix for that somewhere in the forum. After that everything worked just fine. I'm pretty satisfied with the new german voice-overs. I can't decide now if want to play it in german or in english which I played before the patch. Haven't found any bugs and the new Inventory is very practical. The loading times aren't worth mentioning anymore - Everything loads in a view seconds. Keep up the good work. I should be able to finish the game in a week or two so it would be nice if you could finish The Witcher 2 by then ;D.So thanks for all your work. I think it was worth it though an official hotfix would be nice.

stylu said:
same problem as you, guys. Just letting you know you're not alone :) I am on Windows XP SP3, have downloaded the patch from multiple sources, unfortunately with the same error message as you. Need help!>SetupNew\setup.cpp (138)PAPP:pVENDOR:pGUID:$@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) Non IE/Netscape 11.0
It's good to know that i'm not the only one with that problem ;D I only wish that i'm gonna figure out the solution for this problem :wall:

Rillukka said:
Hmm, booted the computer and it's working now... lol... Also ran the defragmentation of the disk...

ok, guys! Something moved on.I've [size=15pt]uninstalled[/size] my Kaspersky Internet Security 2008, rebooted the system.After the restart I've quit Daemon Tools, deactivated windows system protection firewall and ... INSTALLATION OF THE PATCH 1.4 STARTED! Try deactivating all virtual cd programs and every firewall you have.Cheers, I hope my way to solve the problem will be helpful.

Same Problem here - tried 6! different downloads, didn't work, same error-message.Funny thing: downloaded the Patchfile on a different Computer, there it shows the Icon and the version-number (some in this forum mentioned this would make a difference) and installation started without any problem! neither Witcher itself nor language packs were installed or located on that computer, but I could even click the "select language"-Dropdown - didn't go any further and thought: finally, this works!!!!Then I tried to copy it from that computer to mine: first via LAN, then by USB-Stick, last by direct starting it via network - as soon as the file appeared on my screen, I counldn't see the Witcher-Icon anymore (just the small blue window for exe-files) and this damn pvendor pguid-stuff appeared.What a ********** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Any solutions?

Top Bottom