How to get rid of your cars

+
(This only works with mods, sorry console gamers!)

In Cyberpunk 2077 there are heaps of cars and motorcycles to buy at more or less unreasonable prices, sometimes you even get them for free. And then you can argue with others (like here in the forum) which car is better, nicer, faster. That's fun, but not very convincing in the context of V's story.

What am I supposed to do with 42 vehicles?
...when I'm going to die soon anyway?
Is it a sign of success to own all these? And not even having your own garage for them? And at the same time living for rent in a shabby megatower? In contrast, ordinary citizens of Night City usually cannot afford even a single car.

Of course, you can limit yourself to a few cars and/or use certain cars only in certain situations. That's what I did for a long time, using only 1) a small, maneuverable city car, 2) a truck that can also be used in the badlands, 3) my favorite motorcycle, and 4) a sports car for special occasions. After the second playthrough at the latest, you know which vehicles you really like to drive and which you can do without.

But the ability of my vehicles to show up in the middle of nowhere in a matter of seconds seemed less immersive to me. Even if we will have reliable self-driving cars in RL in a few years and may be able to summon them remotely, they certainly won't be able to be beamed to the spot in no time.

One option I've used in later playthroughs was to avoid summonable vehicles altogether. And thus to use only the cars and motorcycles that are persistently present in the game (i.e. do not disappear at the next restart). These are among others:

- Galena GT from the quest Flight Of The Cheetah
- Tyger Claws motorcycle from the quest The Heisenberg Principle
- Mackinaw from a raid scene near the Delamain Headquarters

as you can read about in this thread.

These vehicles have the apparent disadvantage that they cannot be summoned (nor is the trunk magically connected to the stash in the apartment). In my opinion, this is an advantage, because you have to use them just like in the old world: You have to remember where you parked them and return to that place when you want to continue driving. If they get damaged by overly rough driving, they stay that way and won't miraculously look like a new car the next day. You don't have to fuel them (somehow energy always seems to be available for free), but you do have to take care of them a bit. (Minor damage can be repaired with Appearance Menu Mod, for example).

It does, however, change the way you play. You need to think a little more about usage, such as whether it makes more sense and is faster to use public transportation or walk in some situations. If you have to pick up a vehicle somewhere and drive to another location (e.g. in the quest Epistrophy: North Oak), then you have to think about how you can return to your own car afterwards. And sometimes it is easier (although not legally correct) to steal another car and then just leave it somewhere in the area.

Meanwhile I drive only one car: the old Rattler I brought with me from my nomadic times. It is safely stored in my own garage (at the entrance to the parking garage next to V's apartment, the gate can be opened with AMM or another mod. If you want, you can also use this mod to expand and furnish the unfinished garage with walls and various items). I am satisfied with one car (I don't have 42 in RL either) and use public transport (Metro System) or my feet otherwise. Then I can also experience much more of the surroundings.

Still, some cars are almost forced on you in the game, like the Hella at the beginning or the Delamain after the related quest series. How to get rid of them? PC gamers have a good opportunity to get rid of already purchased or donated vehicles with Cyber Engine Tweaks. In the Categorized All-In-One Command List, under the Vehicles tab, you'll find all the cars and motorcycles that you can buy in the game. You can use the corresponding commands in CET to make these vehicles appear. For example, the command to summon the Archer Quartz into your garage is:

Code:
vs = Game.GetVehicleSystem() vs:EnablePlayerVehicle('Vehicle.v_standard2_archer_quartz_player', true, false)

In the same way, you can make the Quartz disappear from your garage, just by swapping the last two words:

Code:
vs = Game.GetVehicleSystem() vs:EnablePlayerVehicle('Vehicle.v_standard2_archer_quartz_player', false, true)

With this you can pick the appropriate command for all your vehicles you want to get rid of. Search for the car you want to disappear in the list, copy the command into CET, swap the last two words, and press return. Et voilà.

Have fun and always an empty garage!

What am I supposed to do with 42 vehicles?
I think people misinterpret devs into thinking that they ALWAYS have to get ALL vehicles available in a game. That is not the intention. There are that many vehicles in a game to offer players the opportunity to play with a different one each time they play.

As different players have different tastes, there are different vehicles so that for everyone there can be something they like. If there was only one vehicle, you'd complain why there aren't any other vehicles available, as that one could be anything you don't like.

OP's idea is about making game world fit certain playstyle via mod(s) and I think this is very good example of something where mods are important. This isn't anything I would use even if I were on PC nor I go that deep in game world or have any desire to, but convenient for people who like that sort of thing.

The problem that I personally with this game and its vehicles is the fact that we can't at least keep 3 cars / motorcycles that we STEAL. How is it that we can keep cop cars, but can't keep gangsters / civilian cars?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

CAN WE AT LEAST KEEP 3?

Sh*t!

The problem that I personally with this game and its vehicles is the fact that we can't at least keep 3 cars / motorcycles that we STEAL. How is it that we can keep cop cars, but can't keep gangsters / civilian cars?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

CAN WE AT LEAST KEEP 3?

Sh*t!
What cop car did you take? I don't recall any i can keep.

What cop car did you take? I don't recall any i can keep.
I don't really know (never tested), but maybe the one who is park near the Japan Town market elevator (Goro's quest line).
(in any case, this car never despawn until the end if you don't take it for sure).

I don't really know (never tested), but maybe the one who is park near the Japan Town market elevator (Goro's quest line).
(in any case, this car never despawn until the end if you don't take it for sure).
I think the ones you find where the Badge jacket is don't despawn either, but the way they said that, i thought there was one they were able to summon. That's what "keep" means to me in this game. Something you can get anytime, even after using another car, just by calling it to you.

I think the ones you find where the Badge jacket is don't despawn either, but the way they said that, i thought there was one they were able to summon. That's what "keep" means to me in this game. Something you can get anytime, even after using another car, just by calling it to you.
If you pick up the jacket, the cars despawn, the same for the boots (only the "flying" fire still there after looting the area^^).
Without mods, nope. There is no "cops" car that you can "keep" :)

If you pick up the jacket, the cars despawn, the same for the boots (only the "flying" fire still there after looting the area^^).
Without mods, nope. There is no "cops" car that you can "keep" :)
Really? That's weird. They must desapwn after you leave and come back. I can pick up the jackets and grab either cop car, or the truck, and go. I've never gone back though, so i figured they just sat there.

Top Bottom