How to get to 4250?

+
How to get to 4250?

As the title says i need some advice...i really want that Eredin avatar and i simply can't get to 4250.I've been tryharding for the past MOUNTH to get to that rank and the closest i got to it was 4240 using a variation of a wild hunt deck and then lost and couldn't get back up (this was happening at the begining of the mounth).It took me 3-4 days to get from rank 18 to 19 but from 19 to 20 is just riddiculous and i've never been more fed up with this game.I lost count on how many decks i've tried and how many times i got to over 4200+ and then back to 4k.

Can someone PLEASE just tell me what decks have you guys used to get to that rank? I'm really out of ideas here otherwise you can imagine i wouldn't ask on the forums for decks :(

KaynOfNosgoth;n9903301 said:
As the title says i need some advice...i really want that Eredin avatar and i simply can't get to 4250.I've been tryharding for the past MOUNTH to get to that rank and the closest i got to it was 4240 using a variation of a wild hunt deck and then lost and couldn't get back up (this was happening at the begining of the mounth).It took me 3-4 days to get from rank 18 to 19 but from 19 to 20 is just riddiculous and i've never been more fed up with this game.I lost count on how many decks i've tried and how many times i got to over 4200+ and then back to 4k.

Can someone PLEASE just tell me what decks have you guys used to get to that rank? I'm really out of ideas here otherwise you can imagine i wouldn't ask on the forums for decks :(

I can tell you that I got close to 4250 with Eredin Frost, then lost 3 coinflips consecutively and got bounced back to less than 4200.

Eredin is a control deck, that's why losing the coinflip hurts so much.

I have not got rank 20 yet, but I can tell you I have started practicing Emhyr Spies to achieve it ;).

Raunbjorn

My best advice is to give up on reaching 4250 mmr. Obviously I can only speak for myself but tbh it's simply not worth the effort, no matter how cool the avatar looks. :p
IMO they should lower the mmr you need to have to get the avatar. Ofc there's skill involved in reaching 4250 but it's just as much about grinding all day which makes it not worth it if you ask me.

This is the first season I've ever played in, and I've just hit rank 14. The thing is, it hasn't been difficult at aaalll so far, so I'm just wondering what rank does it really start to get tough? Looking at these comments above, it doesn't look like it's going to be an easy run carrying on up!

Tir i tried that spyes and i find it to be bs.Too boring and NRG based for my tastes.

Bob your comment is bs.If you don't wanna give some proof of your rank (which i dubt is 20) and tell me the deck you got to that rank i don't see the point of your reply.

Hydra i've been tryharding for a mounth as i said so at this point giving up is not really an option for me.

Legend it's only hard from 19 to 20.Till 19 it's very easy.

KaynOfNosgoth;n9905901 said:
Legend it's only hard from 19 to 20.Till 19 it's very easy.

Thanks for the quick reply. But I'm curious now, why is there such a large jump in difficulty at that rank? I mean - plain sailing 1-19, then 19-20 very hard! Why is that?

I think there are many decks that are auto-pilot to rank 20, try skellige for example. Trust me it's not hard, i see a lot of clueless people at rank 20 but it's all about the deck.

Legendarum;n9906271 said:
Thanks for the quick reply. But I'm curious now, why is there such a large jump in difficulty at that rank? I mean - plain sailing 1-19, then 19-20 very hard! Why is that?
Generally your MMR gain is equal to your MMR lost, thus you don't gain ranks with negative win rate.

Legend idk why to tell you the truth:) till rank 18 you can even jump 2-3 ranks in a day,from 18 to 19 it took me 3-4 days so it was a bit harder than the previous ones but nothing too crazy but this rank 20 is just crazy for me...idk why

Iuliandrei i played skellige veterans deck and it got me to 4190+ and from there it couldn't go any further so i guess that was it's limit...can you tell me what deck did you used?

just use the Skelige deck with cerys , morkvarg and olgierd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Legendarum;n9905891 said:
This is the first season I've ever played in, and I've just hit rank 14. The thing is, it hasn't been difficult at aaalll so far, so I'm just wondering what rank does it really start to get tough? Looking at these comments above, it doesn't look like it's going to be an easy run carrying on up!

I'm rank 18 and only played around 140 games. Until 18 is easy then is tough. I use hybrid Nilgaard and Skellige to climb.
http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/34416-hybrid-nilfgaard, http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/35496-skellige-storm and now http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/35607-t...rans-1439-fmmr

Two posts deleted. Yet again I find myself writing this: if you have nothing but rude things to say, it's better to not post at all.

I can confirm rank 18 Is very easy. now I am at rank 16 and the players are not even playing around Morren .
I am a filthy casual but even I can reach rank 18 easy.
but from rank 18 you get less points per victory and the opponents will not play as a bot

Last edited:
For those frustrated... keep faith. Climbing rank becomes wayyy easier towards the end of the season. If you're feeling the rage, put together a fun deck and mess around on casual for a few days to get your dailies before returning to ranked play. Earlier on, only the better competitors have reached the high MMRs... but by the end, enough folks have ground their way up that you have lower skilled players piloting a lot of net decks. And as soon as you spot a net deck, you should know its cards and win conditions immediately and play around it. Keep track especially of what Swim has posted and been playing with that week, haha. For example, when his spell-ale came out I immediately figured out how to counter it and just soaked up the free MMR. Though in the rare circumstances where someone busts out a high MMR homebrew/off-meta with some similar openers it can blindside you pretty hard.

I only found Gwent mid/late into last season and capped out at around 4350 playing exclusively Weather Eredin. This season I've played a mix of decks, but have used Vets to climb most of the way (currently 4350+ again), however I really missed the boat on vet (wanted to play it as soon as Battle Maidens got revealed, but didn't have a single SK gold at the time). It was easy pickings early on, but Henselt (and NR generally) have skyrocketed in the past week and a half thanks to being a natural counter to it (fantastic early tempo forces a short R1, bleed you R2 while siege levels your big guys, borkh/incin finishes it). Keep a tab on GwentUp's meta reports to see both what's working at the higher MMRs and what's being used, but be cognizant that you're looking backwards, so you have to try and predict and stay ahead of the trend. It'll also answer your question as to what decks people are using to climb those ranks.

Most importantly, whatever deck you choose, it's not sufficient to just blindly play your own game... as the adage goes, "know thy enemy." Know what strategies they want to win two rounds with, know what you need to win two rounds versus their strategy, and try to force that to happen. Figure that out for every major archetype in your MMR bracket. Does your deck reliably have an answer to at least 66% of the meta (or more, ideally)? Play it. If it doesn't, switch to something that does. Two months in, my card pool is still pretty limited, but I find playing opposing decks helps me understand a lot how those decks want to manipulate the game to their favor and what disrupts their plans to accomplish that, which in turn helps me disrupt it in future matches.

Top Bottom