How to - ignite/extinguish candles & zoom the map

+
I'm in Velen right now, and still haven't found out two important actions. The keys are not documented in the controls overview (gamepad).

1) How to zoom the map? Below the map it shows right thumbstick up/down, but that moves the brown circle instead of zooming. What gives?

2) What key to use to ignite/extinguish candles and torches? When i press interact, nothing happens.

I know it's not quite the same thing but I tested these using an Xbox 360 controller on my GOG version.

Zooming the map worked fine with moving the right thumbstick, and lighting/extinguishing worked fine with the interact button (A).

Wild guess: Do you have to hold the A button, or is it just a normal press? I haven't tried the former yet.

For the second question, you have to approach from correct angles so that "interact" can show on the screen and then you can interact.

No, no, i can see the candle saying "Interact", but when i press A, nothing happens. The only method i found to work is to throw the igni sign onto the candle. :(

That said, do i need to have igni equipped to be able to "interact" with a candle or torch?

That said, do i need to have igni equipped to be able to "interact" with a candle or torch?
I've only played the PC version, but in my experience the player needs to maneuver Geralt close to the candle and the angle must be correct before the prompt to interact comes up.

I've only played the PC version, but in my experience the player needs to maneuver Geralt close to the candle and the angle must be correct before the prompt to interact comes up.

^ This. It's very finicky in places.

Plus, not all candles can be affected. There are a few here ant there that are immune to the effects of signs. Would probably take a full-blown mage to master that level of chandlery.

OK, i got one of the problems solved with trial and error.

To interact with a candle, torch, fire etc, you need to have the "interact" prompt (i always do) and HOLD THE "A" KEY instead of just pressing it! It appears CDPR changed it so people stop interacting with candles when they just want to loot.

I still have not found out how to zoom out the map though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom