How to improve my current monster's deck?

+
I would like this post to be moved to the appropriate thread by the moderation team please :)

Hey all, so up to now I've been using the following deck which has taken me to rank 12 but now I feel like its getting pretty difficult to progress further. Think it's time that the deck is updated with some new cards so that I can get closer to pro-rank. The deck is currently:

Leader: Carapace
Tactical advantage
Yghern
Geralt of rivia (destroy enemy 9 or higher)
Old speartip: asleep
Golyat
Nithral
Thunderbolt
All three Crones
The beast
Alpha wolf
Prize cow
Ice giant
Ghoul
Alzur's thunder
Swallow
Dimeritium Shackles
Spontaneous evo
Kikimore worker
Ice Troll
Alp
Nekurat
Noonwraith
and finally, werewolf

Hopefully this ends up on the right thread, I have no idea how to flag moderators so if anyone can help with that also that would be great! Cheers for any help you guys can give me towards the deck improving!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like this post to be moved to the appropriate thread by the moderation team please :)

Hey all, so up to now I've been using the following deck which has taken me to rank 12 but now I feel like its getting pretty difficult to progress further. Think it's time that the deck is updated with some new cards so that I can get closer to pro-rank. The deck is currently:

Tactical advantage
Yghern
Golyat
Nithral
Thunderbolt
All three Crones
The beast
Alpha wolf
Prize cow
Ice giant
Ghoul
Alzur's thunder
Swallow
Dimeritium Shackles
Spontaneous evo
Kikimore worker
Ice Troll
Alp
Nekurat
Noonwraith
and finally, werewolf

Hopefully this ends up on the right thread, I have no idea how to flag moderators so if anyone can help with that also that would be great! Cheers for any help you guys can give me towards the deck improving!
How much scraps do you have?

If you whant to up in rank, why not use the same meta carapace decks everyone uses? The kelly deck or madoc deck (or both)?

Well I'm not really a big Monsters player but considering you're current Deck the first thing I would do is adding some Thrive Unit's like Endrega Larva (or Nekkers if Larva is not available) and Bruxa, secondly you're Leader Skill doesn't really seem to synergise with anything apart from Nithral and since you probably aren't anywhere near of reaching the provision limit I would advise you to switch to the Fruits of Ysgith Leader Skill along with adding 2 Griffin's and maybe Pugo Boom Breaker (the Leader Skill synergises well with these Card's because you can destroy the 1 point token spawned by the Leader) adding 2 Wild hunt Riders for better thinning would also be an option, another important addition would be Ozzrel to consum one of you're tall Unit's from the Graveyard which you've played in an earlier round, a Tudor Card (Oneiromancy, Royal Decree, Naglfar) which helps you drawing in to those Cards you want to play is also highly recommended.

Just as a example a Fruit of Ysgith Deck I'm running from time to time, which is just meant as a orientation of what you could build since you probably won't be able to craft all of those Card's anyway and it also contains some Meta tech options (Yrden, Maxii) which I would switch to something different if the Meta requires it. https://www.playgwent.com/en/decks/05de70ee1eef3eafea0a28ee4afad59c

Guest 4375874

Contrary to the above suggestion, I would not suggest a thrive focused deck. NG is pretty dominant at the moment and thrive is all but an assured loss against them. I've moved on from OH because it was nerfed into the ground but I used this Carapace deck to get back to rank 0...mind you it does require being strategic in how you play not just spamming cards mindlessly. Best of luck

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest 4416545

If what u want is just to get to pro rank or rank 1 i Will recommend you to just get any meta deck u like and u climb to pro rank in no time with no effort more tan get the Big price card.

Now if thats not the case and you like Monsters i Will do what craves soul told ya, with so Many tall units adding some thrive units like larva gonna be great for sure, and ozzrel with no doubt, he combined with ygren are Big threats always.

About those crones, hell i dont remember right now, but there was a card which combined hella great with them, if i remember i'll come back and Tell you but look a bit in case u found It.

Tactical advantage
Yghern
Golyat
Nithral
Thunderbolt
All three Crones
The beast
Alpha wolf
Prize cow
Ice giant
Ghoul
Alzur's thunder
Swallow
Dimeritium Shackles
Spontaneous evo
Kikimore worker
Ice Troll
Alp
Nekurat
Noonwraith
and finally, werewolf

Well, you should definitely be playing Ozzrel and at least one copy of Endrega Larva. I also generally put Adda: Striga, The Apiarian Phantom, and Parasite in most of my Monster decks, and you might consider adding Wild Hunt Hound since it's one of the few Bronze units that synergizes with the Carapace ability.

Other than that, you might first need to ask yourself what you want to play. For example, if you want to continue using a deck without any duplicates, then you should probably add Shupe's Day Off and Radeyah. If you're looking to interact more with your opponent's cards, you might consider Drowner, Natural Selection, or even Keltullis or Korathi Heatwave. If you just want to build up your own units, then more units with Thrive, like Nekker and Bruxa, would be good additions.

Finally, while most of the Bronze cards you're currently using could be replaced, you should almost definitely remove Alp and Nekurat, which are not often used outside of a dedicated Vampire deck, and Thunderbolt and Swallow, which are somewhat redundant since you already have Carapace to Boost your valuable units. Plus, Dorregaray of Vole is now strictly better than Dimeritium Shackles after this most recent patch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom